Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:00:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227920 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  WE FEED THE WORLD (we could feed 12 billion people with no problem)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: WE FEED THE WORLD (we could feed 12 billion people with no problem)  (Read 11190 times)
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2007, 06:10:40 PM »

actually for one i don't know where the US's fruit comes from because i don't eat a lot of it, but i do know we get most from California, Florida, and Hawaii. I don't know for sure my statment up there was based on things that i've heard, but now that i think about it we get bananas from South America and takes a long time to get here i'm sure so really i don't know

Undecided

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2007, 05:34:47 AM »

bump!
saw the movie
very good
i'm not buying any spanish fuits/vegies anymore!

go see it !

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2007, 05:40:18 AM »

first you feed them, and next thing you know, they'll be wanting broadband internet as well... Cheesy

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2007, 07:35:49 AM »

first you feed them, and next thing you know, they'll be wanting broadband internet as well... Cheesy

Grin Grin - in some ways, you may have a point ....

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2007, 07:47:16 AM »

"It's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace." Bill
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 07:59:11 AM »

amen!

the final Nestl?'s CEO interview in the documentary is .... breathtaking.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2007, 08:02:07 AM »

He does. Which is why it's a little more than 'no problem'.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2007, 08:06:28 AM »

no problem means we could do it, i didnt say no *consequences* - if we really see them wanting broadband connections as a problematic *consequence*

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2007, 08:11:25 AM »

no problem means we could do it, i didnt say no *consequences* - if we really see them wanting broadband connections as a problematic *consequence*

That's not exactly what I meant.

Point is you can't just hand out free stuff to entire populations/regions as it will ultimately lead to even more deaths and problems. Humans have to take care of themselves or else we witter away. The thing that should be done is help build their infrastructure so their economy can grow. The problem there is that the intricate beurocratic systems are designed to benefit the big companies and the rich countries. This is why it's a little more problematic than just throwing money their way.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2007, 08:26:56 AM »

That's not exactly what I meant.

Point is you can't just hand out free stuff to entire populations/regions as it will ultimately lead to even more deaths and problems. Humans have to take care of themselves or else we witter away. The thing that should be done is help build their infrastructure so their economy can grow. The problem there is that the intricate beurocratic systems are designed to benefit the big companies and the rich countries. This is why it's a little more problematic than just throwing money their way.

i'm sorry but, wrong.
It's not about giving free stuff. It's about balancing an unfair situations.
See it's like a math problem, if one side of the equation is at -X (minus x), adding N here, it pretty much blocing the perpetual -X that comes from the unfair so called free trade system.

How the hell can you look at the situation and cynically see that as "giving free stuff"? this is very cynical.
On a daily basis, secured by our locked up world wide economical policies, we smother them. We are maintaining the inequality. So this is not "handing out free stuff".

We are drowning their agriculture by over producing. In result they have to buy our food.

Either we continue making billions there, and give a lot back - as of right now, we don't give any, and even tho it would work -
or we stop making billions there.

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2007, 11:46:24 AM »

Feeding everyone in the world would be a bad idea. I don't see how people don't get this. If you feed the world, the population skyrockets, and then we DO have a problem. Pollution will double, further sparking desertification and starvation, and thousands of species will vanish.

Economically, the world is capitalist. The countries that matter, anyway. And in capitalism you have to have a loser. People hate to admit it but the majority of the western world will always choose their standard of living over the lives of others.

Feeding the world isn't Nike, you can't 'just do it.'

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2007, 11:55:40 AM »

Feeding everyone in the world would be a bad idea. I don't see how people don't get this. If you feed the world, the population skyrockets, and then we DO have a problem. Pollution will double, further sparking desertification and starvation, and thousands of species will vanish.

Economically, the world is capitalist. The countries that matter, anyway. And in capitalism you have to have a loser. People hate to admit it but the majority of the western world will always choose their standard of living over the lives of others.

so.... in countries such as France, Germany and Japan the population is skyrocketing .... ? stoopid.

fo' god sake, what's crazy is that i read these kind of arguments so many times from many kids.
go read.

Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2007, 12:01:07 PM »

so.... in countries such as France the population is skyrocketing.
well it will get there...if the government is keeping on paying ppl extra money to sit at home and have babies all the time. Tongue

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2007, 12:17:21 PM »

well it will get there...if the government is keeping on paying ppl extra money to sit at home and have babies all the time. Tongue

rant rant rant rant rant rant i said feed the world, not the troll  Grin

SLCPUNK
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2007, 12:18:47 PM »

I think we found our loser right here.....
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2007, 03:46:31 PM »

Coudl you explain how my argument is wrong? Just because it's a little cold it doesn't make me wrong.

To WAT-EVER: Fuck you. My age doesn't make a difference. If you judge me by it you're a dick. The world isn't so evil that if it could push a button or make a phone call to fix the world, it wouldn't. The economical, environmental, and social effects are too drastic and harsh to attempt to feed the whole world.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2007, 04:46:41 PM »

Coudl you explain how my argument is wrong? Just because it's a little cold it doesn't make me wrong.

To WAT-EVER: Fuck you. My age doesn't make a difference. If you judge me by it you're a dick. The world isn't so evil that if it could push a button or make a phone call to fix the world, it wouldn't. The economical, environmental, and social effects are too drastic and harsh to attempt to feed the whole world.

i didnt say anything about your age .... oh you mean the *kid* ? sorry. could have used man, or dude.

you were wrong because, many countries that dont have hunger issues are ageing.

Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2007, 05:44:49 PM »

rant rant rant rant rant rant i said feed the world, not the troll  Grin
in that case..i should make a real post regarding this subject.
I have to agree with communist china in this. Human beings are a plague to this world, we destroy it. It sounds hard and cold but we just can't feed/rescue everyone, will we do so the plague will only spread, and then what...billions of more ppl to feed, thousands of acres of forests destroyed for housing and agriculture purposes, it's a timebomb we're creating by trying to save every human being.
This world is fighting it's own battles against the growing human plague and we are fighting back even harder to overrule the world/nature...we should stop that and try to find a good balance for all live on this planet, and rescueing all human beings isn't part of the right balance.

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2007, 06:02:13 PM »

nightfall ....... we're not roleplaying here. you're not a level 50 dark elf demonist from tol-in-gaurhoth.

wake up Smiley

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2007, 09:40:23 PM »

nightfall ....... we're not roleplaying here. you're not a level 50 dark elf demonist from tol-in-gaurhoth.

wake up Smiley

now THAT was funny.  for real.   ok

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: