Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:51:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227868 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  I Can't Believe What I Just Heard!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I Can't Believe What I Just Heard!!  (Read 12504 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2008, 02:30:49 PM »

You ask me all this focus on genes and mental state is starting to sound very vaterlandish.

Ihren papieren bitte?

That will only happen if we get another Republican this fall.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2008, 04:06:34 PM »

You ask me all this focus on genes and mental state is starting to sound very vaterlandish.

Ihren papieren bitte?

That will only happen if we get another Republican this fall.

Republicans, democrats. Show me the difference.

They both like to arm and bomb, spend your tax dollars on hookers, toxify your food and vote you into misery. Fuck, in reality Clinton was a bigger dealer than Escobar. Johnson? The Kennedy's? Please.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2008, 04:17:29 PM »

Fuck, in reality Clinton was a bigger dealer than Escobar.

Maybe, but Bush consumed more of the product.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2008, 06:57:34 PM »

The "guns don't kill people, people kill people" argument is quite absurd.  The same could be said for nuclear weapons.  "Nuclear weapons don't kill millions of people.  People kill millions of people!"  That puts it into perspective for me. 

OK, let me take you back to the Regan Years - you remember how close we got to being blown to smithereens - that 7 second dely button - MAD!

Why were people so concerned when Regan was in power?  Wasn't the button just beside his bed? (joke at the time) Wasn't the decision up to him?

You don't want people like that waking up with a grumpy head...

War is over, if you want it.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2008, 05:44:03 AM »

I recall that Finland was recently rocked by several massacres/attempted massacres.

Is is true that Finnish people also 'have the right to bear arms'?

If it is true, then how is this right explained in the Finnish Constitution?

Just to compare the two.

Off course we're armed, we got polarbears dammit! And mammoths.

So, what have we learned.
1  There are crazy people.
2. There will always be crazy people.
3. If crazy people get guns, many people can die.

Solutions?  Anybody??

Personally, I think we need gun control.  Weaponry has developed so far past what our Founding Fathers meant when it came to bearing arms.  Does anybody here really think their pistols, rifles, etc. will provide adequate protection from the rise of a totalitarian government power?  Give me a break.

Don't get insane.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2008, 01:51:40 PM »

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

I don't accept your argument, but pretending I wanted to play along...Which one should we eliminate in order to stop these shootings?

Society, in it's current state, needs to be eliminated.

Just the guys who gang bang dolls.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2008, 02:09:09 PM »

I know I am late to this thread but I can't believe someone actually said the solution to this is to have students running around with more guns.  Gee, what a great idea that would be on a college campus where some are probably drunk or high. 

I didn't read through everything here but to me the issue is how damn easy it is to GET guns in this country.  That is what truly scares me.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2008, 04:36:59 PM »

I know I am late to this thread but I can't believe someone actually said the solution to this is to have students running around with more guns.  Gee, what a great idea that would be on a college campus where some are probably drunk or high. 

I didn't read through everything here but to me the issue is how damn easy it is to GET guns in this country.  That is what truly scares me.

Absolutely Bandita.  We've got a country full of people who can't control their impulses...let's give 'em easy access to weapons that can kill lots of people really fast.   ok 

F'in Crazy, maybe you misunderstood me when I said gun control.  Shouldn't there be some longer waiting periods?  mandatory background checks?  etc.??  Didn't this latest dumb-ass at Northern Illinois U. purchase his weaponry recently?  Come on.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2008, 01:54:29 AM »

F'in Crazy, maybe you misunderstood me when I said gun control.  Shouldn't there be some longer waiting periods?  mandatory background checks?  etc.??  Didn't this latest dumb-ass at Northern Illinois U. purchase his weaponry recently?  Come on.

I think the 7 day wait is long enough for people to cool down. I believe that was the purpose for it's institution. Currently, only 24 states use the federal government for background checks(NICS), the others use their own systems; which is a recipe for disaster.

Both the NIU student and the VT one bought their firearms through a legal business, but they were acquired illegally. That is why the NICS needs to be revamped to prevent this type of thing from happening.

The NICS, if it had a listing of institutionalized people, and all states used it, would have prevented, or at the very least mitigated, both of those tragedies.

Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2008, 04:14:06 AM »

I recall that Finland was recently rocked by several massacres/attempted massacres.

Is is true that Finnish people also 'have the right to bear arms'?

If it is true, then how is this right explained in the Finnish Constitution?

Just to compare the two.

We don't have the right to bear arms in Finland, and we need a license for a weapon (you can only get one if you can prove that it's your hobby and have someone agreeing with you on that etc). And it's not possible, or at least it's very difficult to get a license for a weapon that's been classified very dangerous (ie. automatic weapons).
But of course you can get guns illegally here as well. But I think the kid who killed people at school here actually had a license for his weapon. I think it was a Mosquito 22. (We have the same gun at home.)

He thought he was doing the right thing. He was killing people who "didn't deserve to live"... Helping the natural selection or something. And then he killed himself.  Tongue He had been described meds for depression but he didn't take them, there was none in his blood at the time of the shooting. He may have had several conditions, but we will never know.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 02:44:50 PM by Razzberry » Logged
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2008, 12:30:08 PM »

Honestly, I think spree killing is a trend. these kids decide to kill themselves but want to go out in a blaze of glory instead of just quietly offing themselves. They see how much media attention and uproar it causes in society and they figure, well, I was never famous for anything and if I died no one would care or even know what I suffered through, so why not get my 15 minutes after I am gone. People will sure remember me. I will make a lasting mark on society even if I am dead. Whereas before I would pass away without so much as a whisper, this will cause everyone to rage because I took other people with me.

I honestly think that sort of twisted thinking is going on with these kids. They want to be glorified in death for something they were not in life. It is so very sad that most of these kids think mass killings are their claim to fame. Maybe, if we didn't give them as much attention, other folks considering suicide and taking several people with them, would think twice about taking the other people with them.

But too, there is so much hate in society because of all the unfairness that people must deal with on a day to day basis. Believe me, I've made threats like I want to blow up the cable company after making appointments several times, taking time off of work, and then no one shows up but I would never do that. I just get extremely frustrated at the state of society and how the average Joe must put up with so much shit because we really don't have control over so many things in life. But a normal person will just find boards like this to bitch or bitch to friends to get stuff off their chest. Some people just snap and bam. But I see a disturbing trend with society and parents not teaching their kids that life is going to be unfair. My parents would tell me to get over it because life was unfair. They never tried to make situations fair just because that is how it is supposed to be. So, I learned early on that life basically is never fair for reasons we can understand and some we can not. But I see parents today that try to make everything fair for their kids and will even go to bat for the kid to make sure their kid is treated fairly. While I understand the thinking here, IMO it is just better to let the kids learn and explain to them that things are not fair and we can't always do something about it. I do this with my kids and they are cool when they don't always get their way at home and school because they are starting to get this fact.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2008, 01:32:18 PM »

IMO it is just better to let the kids learn and explain to them that things are not fair and we can't always do something about it.

Try growing up with parents and grandparents who went through WW2!

At least that is one lesson they were able to pass on the next generation.

War is over, if you want it.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2008, 02:04:44 PM »

If I were a teacher or a professor the last thing I would want is for my students to be carrying guns on campus or to the classroom. What happens if the student does not like the grade he got on his midterm? What if a student is upset at something I said or showed in class? What if the student simply did not like me, for whatever reason? It does happen. Educators should not have to live in fear for their lives or worry about getting blown away over a grade some wacko considers "unfair."

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2008, 11:41:33 AM »

If I were a teacher or a professor the last thing I would want is for my students to be carrying guns on campus or to the classroom. What happens if the student does not like the grade he got on his midterm? What if a student is upset at something I said or showed in class? What if the student simply did not like me, for whatever reason? It does happen. Educators should not have to live in fear for their lives or worry about getting blown away over a grade some wacko considers "unfair."

Absolutely. You are a 100% right. It is moving in that direction. I see parents - I have kids - who are pissed that their son or daughter got a certain grade and they actually go to the teacher and argue to see if the paper can't be regraded. I'd actually be afraid of the parents too!

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2008, 01:56:57 PM »

Was watching a news story about the latest high school massacre.

In light of it, students are now demanding they be allowed to carry guns on campus, so they can defend themselves.  Huh

Yeh, that's a solution!  no

hmmm, solutions....solutions

here's one....its a shot in the dark i know, a bit...'far out' perhaps, but i'll say it anyway

Ban guns

How many shootings in college and Universities has the UK had.......

Hmm i wonder.....
Yeah that will fix everything.  Shit happens in life, how far are you willing to go? Are you willing to sacrifice more and more of your freedom for complete safety?Roll Eyes

P.S. I own four rifles and one .22 magnum, and the last time I checked they have killed zero people.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 01:59:56 PM by Gunner80 » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2008, 02:27:55 PM »

Was watching a news story about the latest high school massacre.

In light of it, students are now demanding they be allowed to carry guns on campus, so they can defend themselves.  Huh

Yeh, that's a solution!  no

hmmm, solutions....solutions

here's one....its a shot in the dark i know, a bit...'far out' perhaps, but i'll say it anyway

Ban guns

How many shootings in college and Universities has the UK had.......

Hmm i wonder.....
Yeah that will fix everything.  Shit happens in life, how far are you willing to go? Are you willing to sacrifice more and more of your freedom for complete safety?Roll Eyes

P.S. I own four rifles and one .22 magnum, and the last time I checked they have killed zero people.

The Bill of Rights was not created to narrow our understanding of what is means to be free.  If a person can't go to college without the threat of being shot, they're not free.

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2008, 08:09:47 PM »

whats up with all these school shooting and threats? i just got an email that was sent to all school students saying that someone has issued a thread on our campus and they are allowing us to stay home this friday and that LAPD will be investigating this and will have major security on friday  no
SLCPUNK
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2008, 12:57:54 AM »

The Bill of Rights was not created to narrow our understanding of what is means to be free.  If a person can't go to college without the threat of being shot, they're not free.

Nice.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: