Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 05:37:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Favourite Film Line
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favourite Film Line  (Read 6649 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 11:51:02 PM »

Full Metal Jacket

[1] Tonight, you pukes will sleep with your rifles. You will give your rifle a girl's name because this is the only pussy you people are going to get. Your days of finger-banging ol' Mary J. Rottencrotch through her pertty pink panties are over!

[2]
Marine, what is that button on your body armor?

---A peace symbol, sir.

Where'd you get it?

---I don't remember, sir.

What is that you've got written on your helmet?

---"Born to Kill", sir.

You write "Born to Kill" on your helmet and you wear a peace button. What's that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?

---No, sir.

You'd better get your head and your ass wired together, or I will take a giant shit on you.

---Yes, sir.

Now answer my question or you'll be standing tall before the man.

---I think I was trying to suggest something about the duality of man, sir.

The what?

---The duality of man. The Jungian thing, sir.

Whose side are you on, son?

---Our side, sir.

Don't you love your country?

---Yes, sir.

Then how about getting with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win?

---Yes, sir.

Son, all I've ever asked of my marines is that they obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Vietnamese, because inside every gook there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over.

---Aye-aye, sir.

[3] I wanted to see exotic Vietnam... the crown jewel of Southeast Asia. I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture... and kill them. I wanted to be the first kid on my block to get a confirmed kill!

Tombstone

[4] Doc Holliday, after killing Johnny Ringo: Poor soul, you were just too high strung.

Braveheart

[5] You dropped your rock.

Scarface

[6] The only thing in this world that gives orders... is balls.

Fight Club

[7] I haven't been fucked like that since grade school.

This is Spinal Tap

You can't really dust for vomit. 

Bull Durham

[8] Don't try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.

The Big Lebowski

[9]
Thug, Holding up a bowling ball:  What the fuck is this?

The Dude: Obviously you're not a golfer.

[10]
The Dude: Walter, what is the point? Look, we all know who is at fault here, what the fuck are you talking about?

Walter Sobchak: Huh? No, what the fuck are you... I'm not... We're talking about unchecked aggression here, dude.

Donny: What the fuck is he talking about?

The Dude: My rug.

Walter Sobchak: Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element!

The Dude: Walter, the Chinaman who peed on my rug, I can't go give him a bill, so what the fuck are you talking about?

Walter Sobchak: What the fuck are you talking about? The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about
drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature.
Asian-American, please.

The Dude: Walter, this isn't a guy who built the fucking railroads here. This is a guy...

Walter Sobchak: What the fuck are you talking about?

The Dude: Walter, he peed on my rug!

Donny: He peed on the Dude's rug.

Walter Sobchak: Donny you're out of your element! Dude, the Chinaman is not the issue here!

Office Space

[11] "PC Load Letter"? What the fuck does that mean?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
ben9785
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2008, 06:07:28 PM »

"Midnight Run" (Robert De Niro).

This film is a classic. The humor isn't obvious, it depends on what your sense of humor is like.
I love the buddy cop kind of films with split personalities; the two main characters in this film aren't cops but they have different personalities. Jack Walsh (played by De Niro) is a ex-cop who doesn't take any shit, and his accomplice Jonathan Mardukas is a typical annoying prick who thinks he knows everything and talks too much. De Niro's deadpan reactions is what makes it funny to me anyway.

(Talking about Jack Walsh's failed marraige)
Jonathan Mardukas: Did she hurt you, Jack?
Jack Walsh: Yeah, she did.
Jonathan Mardukas: I'm sorry.
Jack Walsh: What're you sorry about?
Jonathan Mardukas: I'm sorry you're hurt.
Jack Walsh: I'm not hurt.
Jonathan Mardukas: You just said you were hurt.
Jonathan Mardukas: I just asked you if you were hurt and you said "Yeah, I'm hurt."
Jack Walsh: That's because you made me say that.
Jonathan Mardukas: Jack, you're a grown man. You're in control of your own words.
Jack Walsh: You're goddamn right I am. Now here come two words for you: Shut the fuck up.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 06:09:18 PM by ben785 » Logged
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2008, 07:35:53 PM »

"Midnight Run" (Robert De Niro).

This film is a classic. The humor isn't obvious, it depends on what your sense of humor is like.
I love the buddy cop kind of films with split personalities; the two main characters in this film aren't cops but they have different personalities. Jack Walsh (played by De Niro) is a ex-cop who doesn't take any shit, and his accomplice Jonathan Mardukas is a typical annoying prick who thinks he knows everything and talks too much. De Niro's deadpan reactions is what makes it funny to me anyway.

(Talking about Jack Walsh's failed marraige)
Jonathan Mardukas: Did she hurt you, Jack?
Jack Walsh: Yeah, she did.
Jonathan Mardukas: I'm sorry.
Jack Walsh: What're you sorry about?
Jonathan Mardukas: I'm sorry you're hurt.
Jonathan Mardukas: You just said you were hurt.
Jonathan Mardukas: I just asked you if you were hurt and you said "Yeah, I'm hurt."
Jack Walsh: That's because you made me say that.
Jonathan Mardukas: Jack, you're a grown man. You're in control of your own words.
Jack Walsh: You're goddamn right I am. Now here come two words for you: Shut the fuck up.

^one of the funniest movies around. Definately DeNiro's best comedic performance, better than Meet the Parents or Analyze this.

Jonathan Mardukas: [making fun of Jack] Jack? "What?" When do you think you we're gonna get to L.A.? "None of your fucking business!" Well, I have to go to the bathroom. "Shut the fuck up!"

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2008, 08:12:58 PM »

"I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody. Instead of a bum, which is what I am." - Marlon Brando as Terry Malloy in On the Waterfront.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
ben9785
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2008, 09:36:11 PM »

^one of the funniest movies around. Definately DeNiro's best comedic performance, better than Meet the Parents or Analyze this.

Jonathan Mardukas: [making fun of Jack] Jack? "What?" When do you think you we're gonna get to L.A.? "None of your fucking business!" Well, I have to go to the bathroom. "Shut the fuck up!"

Nice one - yeah it is a classic film. I'm almost up to finishing it for the first time since I got the DVD release (used to have a dodgy tape copy), and I can't wait to watch it again.

Another classic movie is "Donnie Brasco", although can't recall any specific quotes or anything like that.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 09:49:43 PM »

If your a rat, then Im the biggest mutt in the history of the mafia - Al Pacino in Donnie Brasco

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
ben9785
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 10:27:10 PM »

If your a rat, then Im the biggest mutt in the history of the mafia - Al Pacino in Donnie Brasco
Yes, brilliant film. Actually, I recently got the book as well, which the film was based on. If you liked the film, you have to read the book. The film barely covers the whole story.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 10:49:20 PM »

Wizards

Max: Fritz! Fritz, get up for God's sake! Get up! They've killed Fritz! They've killed Fritz! Those lousy stinking yellow fairies! Those horrible atrocity-filled vermin! Those despicable animal warmongers! They've killed Fritz! Take that! Take this! Take that, you green slime! You black hearted, short, bow-legged...
Fritz: Max! Max, I'm okay! I'm okay max. Just a scratch. Look I'm all right.

hihi hihi hihi rofl rofl rofl hihi hihi hihi

If your under 40, rent this movie. If your over 40, you know what I'm "talking" about.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 10:51:20 PM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2008, 10:10:35 AM »

Young Frankenstein

Frau Blucha:  YESSS!!!  He vas my BOYFRIEND!!!

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: