Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:32:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Quick Observation
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick Observation  (Read 4693 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: April 02, 2004, 05:01:49 PM »

After reading the threads on the Robins statement, I came up with this observation....

Being that a band member spoke on the plans of gnr, I have seen a lot of, "i love robin, he isnt so bad afterall, hes the man, etc" from a lot fo posters on the board.

This tells me one thing. All of the animosity,frustration,confusion, etc that a lot of the fans have toward Axl and this new band is directly from the lack of communication that the band is convictedof over the years.

Moreso, than the departure of the old members. People will always miss the old guys, and some unfortunately will never give this band a chance no matter what, but the ones that are on the fence is a direct result of the lack of communication. And i find that very interesting yet promising.

We can have a 20 pg debate on the communication aspect. So lets not go there, for the sake of everyone. I personally have not gotten wrapped up in the whole lack of communication aspect and as a result it hasnt altered my view of this band and the process.

I say its promising because, when the band finally releases the material, and it is great, then those gnr fans who have been on the fence will become fans and not be skeptical anymore. And thats such a good thing. One day, if the material is good and meets or passes all expectations, then the negativity and cloud that is over the band from the fans point of view will finally be lifted and all of those opinions will slowly change.

just a lil observation...peace
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 08:07:56 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 05:39:33 PM »

Yeah its quite a good sign I didn't think we would hear from Robin because I was surprised Axl wrote a letter any way but its a good sign of things and then Robin hopefully its all good things to come I really do hope GN'R can recover from this. Just its really once again waiting around which does suck but its nice to hear from the band. I do hope we do get more posts from Robin, Axl etc... VERY GOOD SIGN!

EEEERRRR Little boy
bill213
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 06:17:21 PM »

Good sign my ass.......so he comes out and says he missed the chance to play.........doesn't mean crapolla.
noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 06:56:02 PM »

Young gunner, quit trying to paint a silver lining on this cloud, there isn't one and it's frustrating watching you struggle to find one.

Axl breaking the silence because a guitarist quit the band and he had to cancel a huge show is not good thing now or ever.

Also, i never comment on anyone's spelling or grammar(cus mine isn't great), but damn man, you need to get off the baseball field and back into the classroom.  You didn't even spell the topic right.  
bill213
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 07:26:35 PM »

Young gunner, quit trying to paint a silver lining on this cloud, there isn't one and it's frustrating watching you struggle to find one.

Axl breaking the silence because a guitarist quit the band and he had to cancel a huge show is not good thing now or ever.

Also, i never comment on anyone's spelling or grammar(cus mine isn't great), but damn man, you need to get off the baseball field and back into the classroom.  You didn't even spell the topic right.  

Hahaha I must say I agree with you  rofl
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 08:06:53 PM »

How am i trying to paint a silver lining. Where in my post did i say anything about what Axl released was good news and we should be grateful. Please show me the way. All i stated was that being that a band member spoke out, people on these boards have had a different attitude towards them. I then go on to say if Gnr did this along the way, then all of this animosity etc would not exist.

So while I go back to class for spelling, you should go back for reading comprehension. Maybe we will have the same teacher? Then we can talk gnr even more! yippy...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 08:45:19 PM »

I say its promising because, when the band finally releases the material, and it is great, then those gnr fans who have been on the fence will become fans and not be skeptical anymore. And thats such a good thing. then the negativity and cloud that is over the band from the fans point of view will finally be lifted and all of those opinions will slowly change.

This would be the example of painting an overly silver cloud over a shitty event.

So, it looks like you'll be alone in both that spelling and reading comprehension class  Grin

Ps - seriously, what position do you play and on what college team ?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2004, 12:50:39 AM »

This would be the example of painting an overly silver cloud over a shitty event.

So, it looks like you'll be alone in both that spelling and reading comprehension class
No, I'm acknowledging that the events have been shitty, but what hasnt been determined yet is the most importanth thing, the music...and great music my friend cures a lot fo shitty things

So it looks liek that seat is still empty afterall. dont be late

I play for brookdale college. we are currently ranked 18th in the country for d2. I play 3rd base
« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 12:52:09 AM by younggunner » Logged

noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2004, 01:41:12 AM »

Actually i agree with your contention that most GNR fans would be much happier with updates and that the band just needs to keep us informed.

ok  on that D2 ranking, just remember your cup on the hot corner !!
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2004, 03:05:16 AM »

I want a press conference about an upcoming release.  Something we will look forward too.  I'm tired of waiting all these "months" for something.  I mean at least put out the Vegas DVD's!
TealaRose
Rocker

Axlite By Personal Choice

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2004, 03:27:57 AM »

Quote from: younggunner
I play for brookdale college. we are currently ranked 18th in the country for d2. I play 3rd base

Nice position. Dam important. My son plays left feild. We have a hard time convincing him that as he gets older and bigger, the outfielders will count a lot!
Tho he did fire a shot straight from the fence to home plate for the 3rd out of the last game of the series. Smiles all around that day.

OT: I am at least glad we have finally heard something official from the GNR camp.

Suck on That!
Death Cube K
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2004, 03:47:05 AM »

This tells me one thing. All of the animosity,frustration,confusion, etc that a lot of the fans have toward Axl and this new band is directly from the lack of communication that the band is convictedof over the years.

Thank you!!!!!!!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2004, 10:57:20 AM »

I want a press conference about an upcoming release.  Something we will look forward too.  I'm tired of waiting all these "months" for something
Did you ever stop and think that WHEN the album is ready you WILL get a big press release explaining CD and gnrs future plans.

Did you ever realize that maybe you havnt gotten something like this is because its not ready?

on that D2 ranking, just remember your cup on the hot corner !!
Our teacher in our reading comp/spelling class is pretty dam hot. Ill make sure i dont forget my cup so that she can educate me with functoning supplies.

Thats great about your son. Tell him to keep playing.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 10:58:13 AM by younggunner » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: