Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:55:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR and Modern Radio...
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR and Modern Radio...  (Read 7418 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: September 24, 2004, 01:15:28 PM »

There have been countless arguments about GNR being played on modern radio when they release the singles....

As you all know U2 released thier single yesterday. Krock in Ny has been playing the hell out of the song. In fact they play it at the top of every hour. They have also played a full hour of U2 during thier request lunch program. They also have countless prize giveaways and promotions regarding U2.

My point is that GNR will have no problem getting a chance on the modern radio format. Of course the single has to be up to standards but they will be given the chance.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 01:31:54 PM »

U2 is in a different league than GNR, they have released multiple hit records this decade.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 01:36:56 PM »

And they have all original members.? To the average music fan, they discredit the new GNR.? All we can do is hope they change peoples minds.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 01:46:10 PM »

There have been countless arguments about GNR being played on modern radio when they release the singles....

As you all know U2 released thier single yesterday. Krock in Ny has been playing the hell out of the song. In fact they play it at the top of every hour. They have also played a full hour of U2 during thier request lunch program. They also have countless prize giveaways and promotions regarding U2.

My point is that GNR will have no problem getting a chance on the modern radio format. Of course the single has to be up to standards but they will be given the chance.

U2 get played...so that will mean GNR will get played......o....kay Roll Eyes

Quick! To the bandwagon!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »

NO, I said that they will atleast be given the chance.
Very rarely does Krock play U2. Im pointing it out because they are help promoting U2. My point is that they will atleast be given a chance to be heard on that type of station

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jizzo
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 01:55:51 PM »

and im saying that U2 is in a different league than NuGNR

Rocker

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 02:01:00 PM »

I can't decide on that but used to be in the same league back in 1991
Jizzo
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2004, 02:02:39 PM »

How many hit studio records has GNR had since 1994. How many have U2.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2004, 02:19:48 PM »

It all depends on how the label wantes to promote them.  I have a feeling that CD will be more likely to be heard on modern rock radio than clasic rock stations since their new sound will be curent and not a retread of the old stuff.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2004, 04:26:13 PM »

Sure they are. But are they modern rock? This guys were around before there the term was even invented.

That's why I hate these labels. "Modern Rock".... Oh, it was released this year and it's rock music. I guess it must be modern rock then.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2004, 04:46:32 PM »

Sure they are. But are they modern rock? This guys were around before there the term was even invented.

That's why I hate these labels. "Modern Rock".... Oh, it was released this year and it's rock music. I guess it must be modern rock then.? hihi

/jarmo

As far as "Modern Rock" goes, there is a station I listen to that plays Incubus, Franz Ferdinand, Modest Mouse and Velvet Revolver.  The only connection I can see that got VR played on this station is the fact that Weiland sings for them.  This station also plays a lot of STP.  I hope we can all agree that the VR record is pretty straight-up rock record, yet it gets played with these other "modern" bands.

I hope GN'R is given a chance on these stations because I think that their new material will be no less "modern" than VR's stuff.

In the end, it may depend on how "modern" the influences  on the new material are, and how noticably they come through.

Ali
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2004, 05:24:46 PM »

U2 are considered one of the forerunners of the modern rock genre.? They gained acclaim on college radio in the US during the early 80's which in turn became the template for the modern rock radio format of today. Their history runs deep in those circles with loads of credibility within the genre, whereas GNR's doesn't.

It's a perception thing...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2004, 05:25:54 PM »

then how come they are rarely played on Krock?

MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2004, 05:56:42 PM »

GNR will be played a lot BECAUSE of the long absence. The hype is huge.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
takeshi
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2004, 05:57:46 PM »

That's why I hate these labels. "Modern Rock".... Oh, it was released this year and it's rock music. I guess it must be modern rock then.? hihi

/jarmo

These are just terms for advertisers and idiots who want to belong to a certain group.  You should be open to good music of any genre.  Music is about artistic expression, we shouldn't concern ourselves with the labels that the industry fat heads want to put on everything.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2004, 10:17:18 PM »

then how come they are rarely played on Krock?

U2 or GNR?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2004, 11:38:09 PM »

U2

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2004, 11:56:35 PM »

U2 is in a different league than GNR, they have released multiple hit records this decade.

they have released one album this decade, unless your counting the greatest hits.

Guns will get radio  play if the song is good and people regest it.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2004, 12:17:06 PM »

U2

My guess is they do get played, but for the most part on designated programs like "80's at 8", "90's at Noon" or Flashback Friday" etc. (and the occasional spin during regular programing, and now, with a new single).  GNR aren't even played on this segmented type programing, never were a part of the "Alternative Nation, "120 Minutes" or "Cutting Edge" scene, whereas U2 are considered a defining figure within that realm.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2004, 01:48:23 PM »

U2 get the occasional spin during the regular format and when there is a "non modern" weekend or whatver they get played as well. Same with GNR they get played here and there during special holiday type rotations.

My point is that a station like Krock will definately play the new GNr single.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2004, 02:13:37 PM »

I don't think gnr will have problems getting airplay. Even when inactive, they get more press than most active bands  hihi
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2004, 05:13:13 PM »

My point is that a station like Krock will definately play the new GNr single.

Could be, my bet is KROQ won't touch it...

This horse is dead.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: