Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:11:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think the ex members get frustrated..?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think the ex members get frustrated..?  (Read 31899 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: February 16, 2005, 01:20:21 AM »

Do you think the Ex GNR members realize that although Axl was hard to deal with,? his talents and abilities kinda give him a pass with his whole "behavior problem"? Like I get the idea from the VR camp that Scott is this lil premidonna biatch and falls short of what the ex members are used to.

Meaning if your going to be a prmidonna you better step up. I think that in a weird way the ex members can relate to Axl more than Scott. They know Axl is? fucked up but they know that he also hits a home run when writing and performing so they cant say much about his other stuff.

But with Soctt...he tries to be this savior for rock badass type thing but just doesnt pull it off when being compared to what wa sbefore him. I wonder if the ex members get frustrated with the fact that they once had somehting so special yet its all gone simply because their ex frontman is kinda crazy....and now have to move on with a good but not great frontman....even though Slash and Duff are great in thier own right have to take a step down in terms of the team thing
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 01:26:21 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 01:26:51 AM »

I think they, like many others, can't help ask the question "what could have been". I really doubt they have feeling of regret attached to leaving GnR. In fact, if they do have feelings of regret, they are probably quickly reassured, when they see how long it takes for one album to be released.

They might respect Axl but want to work with him? If you were a rich, famous, acclaimed artist, would you like to throw away your career by taking 10 years in between albums?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 01:35:40 AM »

They might respect Axl but want to work with him? If you were a rich, famous, acclaimed artist, would you like to throw away your career by taking 10 years in between albums[/quote
agreed...

thats what i was really trying to get at...the whole respect thing...not so much regret....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 01:45:37 AM »

Axl in his prime is more successful than Scott is at age 36 now, but with Axl's current age and recent performences i think they see Scott as a better front man. Scott is clearly the guy they wanted fronting the band. I didnt hear any rumors of the 5 trying to hook up again with Axl. They wanted to do they're own thing and prove to any doubters that GNR wasnt Axl and 4 drunk guys. And for the most part they've done that.
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 01:46:17 AM »

Yeah, I think deep down, they know that without Axl, they would probably have a very very different life, and underneath the bad blood, I'm sure Slash and Duff have respect for him. I think the same can be said for Axl.

As far as Steven is concerned, I'm not too sure. I have a feeling he would immediately join if Axl/VR asked him to, but until then just talks smack.

Oh, I forgot to say something. As far as Scott is concerned, like you mentioned, I wouldnt' be surprised if Slash looks at this band and once in a while thinks "What the fuck is this? I'm fucking Slash, and I need a frontman. I'm wasting all my precious solos on this crap. "
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 01:53:49 AM »

"What the fuck is this? I'm fucking Slash, and I need a frontman. I'm wasting all my precious solos on this crap. "

Dude, it isnt like frontmen grow on trees. Theres like 2 or 3 that Slash might consider building a band with. He knows Snakepit never got big because of the frontmen not being any good. Theres Axl, Scott a few others, and then the quality starts dropping way down...
SADIS
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 03:17:38 AM »

Well, I actually think you have a point there. Scott is a poser (IMO) and I'm not very fond of him. I like the Contraband album but Scott is just tryin too hard to be this old-skool David Bowie or Iggy Pop. It's not original in any way. He's a wannabe.

And that might work fine for a mediocre band. But this is Slash and Duff and they were in THE biggest RnR band of the last 20 years, so I think they can do better than that. I think that if Axl would work a little faster they'd still be playing together.

On the other hand, Duff and Slash are all cleaned up now as is Izzy. I think that's also something that Axl might find a little shitty since they are now really good players and not on drugs or drinks. I like the New GNR but everyone has to admit that Slash and Duff can play the shit out of everyone in the new line-up. And the combination of Izzy, Axl, Slash and Duff would still make amazing music. Everybody knows that and so do Slash and Axl.

But I don't ever see it happening again.

slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 03:37:43 AM »

The bottom line is frustration caused them to leave GNR. Im pretty sure they are stress free these days. A number one album and successful world tour will do that for ya i reckon ok

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 04:15:01 AM »

I think this thread (obviously a reaction to the other "Axl/VR" thread) demonstrates the frustration, and perhaps jealousy, of die-hard Axl fans in light of VRs success.? It wreaks of sourness, and the typical "knock the ex-members(or Weiland) to aggrandize Axl" routine that were all-too familiar with.

The thing is, Youngunner, the guys in VR dont share your opinion of Scott.? Therefore this thread is more about the bitter frustration of the "Silkworms is incredible/Chinese Democracy will rule the world/Madagascar is a top 5 GNR song," die-hard brand of Axl fan.? Theres quite a few people who think Scotts one of, if not the best, frontmen out there, and that includes the VR guys.? And its also likely that, like quite a few people, the VR guys dont think Axls as great as he used to be.? Duff has stated he was less-than-impressed with Axl at the VMAs.? They were with Axl during his prime, and now theyre with another great frontman during his...I think theyre quite content. 

We got it: You dont think Weilands as good as Axl, or a great lyricist, or a great frontman, etc.  You think the new GNR is the greatest thing in the world.  Its safe to say that the guys in VR dont share your opinions, and that should answer your question.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 04:18:27 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 07:44:30 AM »

Right On!!!! ok
McClane
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 08:29:32 AM »

Scott is great...great singer and great performer !

Living taking chances
Isn't all that it's meant to be
Dying with your face on
A t-shirt isn't all that original
madagas
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 08:58:32 AM »

I will have to admit that I think Axl is at a all time low in public perception. The simple fact is that he really fucked up his comeback and image with the VMA'S and US Tour. People could somewhat accept the freaky band because they rocked. However, Axl just looked like a clown with the braids and stupid fucking sports jersey's as well as sounding horrible at the VMA'S. Rio and the Vegas shows were much better-looked cool and the band, again, rocked. Now, that is the past-it is over. Can Axl comeback? Yes, but it will take an image makeover and a monster album-which I think he will give us. Axl does have alot of songwriting talent and a killer band who worked with him in the studio (who will show up on a new tour-who knows?). Only one thing keeps me interested in this project-Coma. Anybody that has the emotional depth and artistic creativity to put that monster together (lyrically and special effects) has got an assload of talent. I think we will get a couple of these emotional masterpieces on Chinese. Let's just hope Axl is mentally stable enough to handle the public scrutiny that will come when he leaves the cave. I don't know if he is or not. Huh  ps on topic, I don't think the old members are jealous at all. They seem VERY content to me. I don't particularly like the album or overall band, but it is pretty good and has been a success.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 09:02:52 AM by madagas » Logged
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 09:22:42 AM »

I think that in a weird way the ex members can relate to Axl more than Scott.
scott has drugproblems which i think is something they more can releate 2, people with bad child luggage can be hard 2 handle and understand,
and drugusers, as they where at the time, may not be the right ones 2? Roll Eyes i think it's that, understandin...

would you like to throw away your career by taking 10 years in between albums?
it may be like this 4 slash etc, but i think axl enjoyed, he rich, succesful, has musical recognition in history
have the time and tools (bad english) 2 create what he wanna and an album and future the genereal public intrested and looking forward 2? Wink

they seem mispleased w the gnr-stuff, but seems 2 enjoy vr so, good luck 2 them? ok

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2005, 09:32:59 AM »

Scott is cool but he talks WAY too much about "how unpredicatble this band is" or "dangerous"  and shit like that...

They are FAAARRR From being a dangerous band..  yeah 5 old sober rockers are far from dangerous...

So yes Scott is a poser.....  he needs to just shut up and let Slash and Duff be the mouthpieces for the band off stage....

The fact that they all just won a grammy makes me think that they are FARRRR from frustrated...

If they had stayed with axl they wouldnt have been up there recieving that Grammy.....

The only guy who should be frustrated is  playing with "Hollywood Buldozer" or whatever the fuck that they call that band this month....

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2005, 09:44:31 AM »

Scott is cool but he talks WAY too much about "how unpredicatble this band is" or "dangerous"? and shit like that...

I really dont want rpetuate this notion that VRs "dangerous," but in fairness, Scott hasnt been sober for five years.  In fact, he was arrested only a year and a half ago which did genuinely give the course of VRs future an unpredictable spin.  Hes really the only one the "dangerous" tag could apply to these days.  Its Duffs constant danger claims that I find silly, untrue and unnecessary.  But I also agree that should all drop it.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 09:47:13 AM »

The only guy who should be frustrated is? playing with "Hollywood Buldozer" or whatever the fuck that they call that band this month....

rofl

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 09:53:37 AM »

Scott is the right man for them today. They must be happy. Long live VR. 
I'm a GN'R fan. peace

Should this thread be in this section?
Is this the influence of that ARV guy, YG??  confused

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 09:59:28 AM »

I think Velvet Revolver would have been better with just Duff, Slash, Matt and..... Izzy. That would have been much better and then they could start to get friendly with Axl and then what do you know Axl forgives Izzy, Izzy forgives Axl, Axl forgives Slash n' Duff and we get the happy family we all grew up with back, everybodies happy. - - - - - Sorry I was day dreaming ?again ?Undecided ?Damn it ?Angry

smoking Izzy ?smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 11:24:42 AM »

Do you think the Ex GNR members realize that although Axl was hard to deal with,? his talents and abilities kinda give him a pass with his whole "behavior problem"? Like I get the idea from the VR camp that Scott is this lil premidonna biatch and falls short of what the ex members are used to.

Meaning if your going to be a prmidonna you better step up. I think that in a weird way the ex members can relate to Axl more than Scott. They know Axl is? fucked up but they know that he also hits a home run when writing and performing so they cant say much about his other stuff.

But with Soctt...he tries to be this savior for rock badass type thing but just doesnt pull it off when being compared to what wa sbefore him. I wonder if the ex members get frustrated with the fact that they once had somehting so special yet its all gone simply because their ex frontman is kinda crazy....and now have to move on with a good but not great frontman....even though Slash and Duff are great in thier own right have to take a step down in terms of the team thing

Fuck them it was their decision they have to live with it.

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 11:50:21 AM »

I think this thread (obviously a reaction to the other "Axl/VR" thread) demonstrates the frustration, and perhaps jealousy, of die-hard Axl fans in light of VRs success.? It wreaks of sourness, and the typical "knock the ex-members(or Weiland) to aggrandize Axl" routine that were all-too familiar with.

Agreed to the nth power.

As I've stated many a time, this smacks of another attempt at putting something down to elevate another.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: