Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:57:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think the ex members get frustrated..?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think the ex members get frustrated..?  (Read 31896 times)
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2005, 12:10:08 PM »

true

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2005, 12:31:05 PM »

demonstrates the frustration, and perhaps jealousy, of die-hard Axl fans in light of VRs success.? It wreaks of sourness, and the typical "knock the ex-members(or Weiland) to aggrandize Axl" routine that were all-too familiar with.
Jealousy of VR? What exactely would I be jealous of? If the music was worth it, then Id be jealous.

And how do I knock the ex members? I knocked Weiland. I quickly acknowledged CO point of the maybe having a different perspective now or maybe more respect now dealing with 2 different frontmen. One obiviously better than the other. How is that knocking the ex members. I called them great. I said they should be with greatness not a regular frontman.

The thing is, Youngunner, the guys in VR dont share your opinion of Scott.? Therefore this thread is more about the bitter frustration of the "Silkworms is incredible/Chinese Democracy will rule the world/Madagascar is a top 5 GNR song," die-hard brand of Axl fan.? Theres quite a few people who think Scotts one of, if not the best, frontmen out there, and that includes the VR guys.? And its also likely that, like quite a few people,
All I was stating was my opinion of how I PERCIEVE things to be. Just an opinion. You can bash Silkworms all you want but atleast its different and interesting. I know, I know why listen to silk worms when you have a chilling song like LTA.
Again, of course Scott is one of the best frontmen out there today. Im talking in the grand scheme of things. But if Axl ever comes out of the hole there is not 1 person that can hold a candle to his abilities of writing and performing and overall aura.
I sure as hope the ex members think highly of Scott. But when being with some1 who was obiviously much better and then go to Scott there are some differences and comparisons.
And as I stated in my initial post...I wonder how the ex members view Axl now after working with him and then Scott....

the VR guys dont think Axls as great as he used to be.Duff has stated he was less-than-impressed with Axl at the VMAs.

DId the old guys leave because Axl is "washed up", or because they couldnt tolerate his behavior anymore?

We got it: You dont think Weilands as good as Axl, or a great lyricist, or a great frontman, etc.? You think the new GNR is the greatest thing in the world.? Its safe to say that the guys in VR dont share your opinions, and that should answer your question.
Yep that about sums it up...but that wasnt the point of the thread. As i Have stated in the initial post, I was discussing the respect aspect of the 2 frontmans in relation to the ex members.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 12:34:54 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2005, 12:56:24 PM »

But if Axl ever comes out of the hole there is not 1 person that can hold a candle to his abilities of writing and performing and overall aura.

I love Axl to death and think that he will no doubt provide some killer music for us, but the guy is 43 years old. From here going forward, he is not going to be the performer we remember in 1991. He somewhat shattered that aura with the VMA's in 2002 no matter how much we like to try and spin it otherwise. I did catch them on tour in 2002 and he was great, but as a performer he isn't what he once was. I would argue at this point at least in a live show format that Wieland at 36 is certainly in the league of Axl at 43.

Long story short this whole thing about jealousy is stupid as anyone with a vested interest in Axl is going to belittle the efforts being made by the old guys and chalk it up to a weak musical scene and not making timeless music, and anyone who loves Axl is going to paint the picture that he is going to release an all time classic that will show the world he is a musical God and he didn't need any of the old guys anyway. Nothing is ever going to be accomplished trying to debate the merits of either side.
madagas
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2005, 01:12:27 PM »

I don't see how anyone can debate the fact that Axl has released only one original song in 14 years. Any discussion on Axl is purely speculative. Youngun, defending Axl is a losing battle. Without an album, you really have no arguments. Angry
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2005, 01:58:44 PM »

Unfortuantly Naupis is right Axl ain't getting any younger and we'll never see him the way he was? no
But being that old doesn't been he can't be a great preformer he's? 7 years or whatever years older than Weiland but he's still got more charisma than him. I don't see much, if any of a future for VR and I don't think deep inside that Slash and Duff see any future for the band. Obviously it's wrong to rate a band on it's first record but if I was Slash I would never have left Gn'R. Axl and the ex-members should listen to Patience for a while and then get back together? ?Smiley

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2005, 02:12:35 PM »

Axl and the ex-members should listen to Patience for a while and then get back together? ?Smiley

smoking Izzy? smoking
why would anyone wan't that  Roll Eyes

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2005, 02:28:12 PM »

Why would anyone not want that? Huh
Don't you like the old band?
If Axl and Izzy were back together for even one day around 7 great songs would probably come out.

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2005, 02:30:30 PM »

I don't see much, if any of a future for VR and I don't think deep inside that Slash and Duff see any future for the band.

Really?  Huh  Care to elaborate?
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2005, 02:34:34 PM »

of course i like the old band? headbanger

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2005, 02:37:38 PM »

Do you think the Ex GNR members realize that although Axl was hard to deal with,? his talents and abilities kinda give him a pass with his whole "behavior problem"? Like I get the idea from the VR camp that Scott is this lil premidonna biatch and falls short of what the ex members are used to.

Meaning if your going to be a prmidonna you better step up. I think that in a weird way the ex members can relate to Axl more than Scott. They know Axl is? fucked up but they know that he also hits a home run when writing and performing so they cant say much about his other stuff.

But with Soctt...he tries to be this savior for rock badass type thing but just doesnt pull it off when being compared to what wa sbefore him. I wonder if the ex members get frustrated with the fact that they once had somehting so special yet its all gone simply because their ex frontman is kinda crazy....and now have to move on with a good but not great frontman....even though Slash and Duff are great in thier own right have to take a step down in terms of the team thing

Scott is very talented, as is Axl

The question I think about is, where would Slash and Duff be now without Axl. I have always thought that they complimented Axl vey well, but if they had never met Axl, I wonder what would have happened with the pair of them
yagami1gnr
Headliner

Sultans of swing

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2005, 02:38:29 PM »

I think this thread (obviously a reaction to the other "Axl/VR" thread) demonstrates the frustration, and perhaps jealousy, of die-hard Axl fans in light of VRs success.? It wreaks of sourness, and the typical "knock the ex-members(or Weiland) to aggrandize Axl" routine that were all-too familiar with.

The thing is, Youngunner, the guys in VR dont share your opinion of Scott.? Therefore this thread is more about the bitter frustration of the "Silkworms is incredible/Chinese Democracy will rule the world/Madagascar is a top 5 GNR song," die-hard brand of Axl fan.? Theres quite a few people who think Scotts one of, if not the best, frontmen out there, and that includes the VR guys.? And its also likely that, like quite a few people, the VR guys dont think Axls as great as he used to be.? Duff has stated he was less-than-impressed with Axl at the VMAs.? They were with Axl during his prime, and now theyre with another great frontman during his...I think theyre quite content.?

We got it: You dont think Weilands as good as Axl, or a great lyricist, or a great frontman, etc.? You think the new GNR is the greatest thing in the world.? Its safe to say that the guys in VR dont share your opinions, and that should answer your question.

Jealousy? Let me tell you, even though I'm not a "blind-fold axl follower," I don't think that are jealousy from any camp. However, I think that you my friend are quite "paranoic." ?Let me see jealous of poor songs, crappy lyrics. Sure my friend. While you consider yourself always right, others cannot state their opinion because they write wrong things to the best thing since jam. You know, you remind me of the movie "Head of State", I can even hear you saying: "I'm expert on grammar, I'm never wrong, I have the best musical taste and I'm Sharon Stone's cousin." I don't agree with Axl carrying "Guns N' Roses" name; but it's not my decision. But in your opinion, Axl is responsible for GNR breakup, that Axl is the only one making money when they sell a cd. You know buddy , you're quite biased. You don't know the truth, and nobody does. Only the ones that belonged on the group, you just have decided to side with somebody. I advice you if CD comes out; don't buy it, because it's going to be plagued with lyrics of a hasbeen; riffs by a goth(I still don't know why they say that about him, when he didn't use makeup on the 2002 tour) and a nsync player or a yes-man keayboard player, or a know-nothing bass player, and the other freaks.
Oh, by the way english is my second language, so you can say that the semantic of the properties of the disjunctive form of the verb is not correct so my full post is just creation of my silly opinions. ?peace
Thank you for the lesson of right and wrong. oh I was almost forgetting. you see wht do you think of this lyrics
"The rape of the turtle diskette
in my hershey's bar tank of water
with vomit the abortion of a watch naked
in water boiling jello commanding water flu poop" Doesn't it sound dangerous? ?smoking
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2005, 02:40:03 PM »

I don't see much, if any of a future for VR and I don't think deep inside that Slash and Duff see any future for the band.

Really?? Huh? Care to elaborate?

Yes, please enlighten.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2005, 02:46:01 PM »

The question I think about is, where would Slash and Duff be now without Axl. I have always thought that they complimented Axl vey well, but if they had never met Axl, I wonder what would have happened with the pair of them

One could wonder the same about Axl, what if he'd never collaborated with Slash?

Based on his activity/results since the departure of Slash, one can draw their own conclusions.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2005, 02:49:55 PM »

One could wonder the same about Axl, what if he'd never collaborated with Slash?

Based on his activity/results since the departure of Slash, one can draw their own conclusions.

True

Once CD is released, we'll be able to compare it to the first Snakepit album and see then who is top of the class
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2005, 02:52:36 PM »

Thankyou Falcon for making this very necessary post. Making timeless music seemed to come easy and fast when Slash was around(5 albums in 7 years), since he's been gone we've gotten 10 years of nothing. That should speak volumes as I believe actions speak louder than words.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2005, 02:53:16 PM »

True

Once CD is released, we'll be able to compare it to the first Snakepit album and see then who is top of the class

Yes. ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2005, 02:56:48 PM »

Not at all as Snakepit was not GNR as Slash wasn't going to try and change the world.

We will compare Axl's next record to the Illusions, as it is the true follow up to GNR's last album of original material. Remember, this is a GNR album, not the Axl solo project(or at least that is the argument of every New GNR fanatic on this board). Slash was having fun with his own stuff, Axl is trying to continue GNR's legacy.

You are comparing apples to oranges in comparing Slash's solo project to a GNR album. It's a nice attempt at spinning the argument though, when everyone knows that Axl and Slash had totally different ambitions and circumstances behind their projects.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2005, 02:57:19 PM »

maybe gunsnroses have more material than old gnr?

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2005, 03:03:12 PM »

maybe gunsnroses have more material than old gnr?

Huh

Maybe. But maybe they should release some songs.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2005, 03:03:39 PM »

i remember in 1999/2000 there was a rumour that they had about 70++ songs! I guess thats alot more then VR can come up to!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: