Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:59:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gilby Interview...Interesting stuff
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gilby Interview...Interesting stuff  (Read 13014 times)
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2005, 10:58:14 AM »

I like Gilby becouse one thing - he always try to be honest - and he is one of the old band member who say nothing bad about Axl or new GN`R songs.? peace

How does that equate to honesty??

If you like it you say so, if you dont you say so...that's honesty I woulda thought. Gilby does criticize Axl.....he stated around 95 or so that Axl's ego was out of control and he was demanding every song on an Illusion followup be his and not being open to the rest of the bands songs or vision. That is criticism. Valid or not I dont know, but seems more likely than not.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2005, 01:19:53 PM »

he's an egomaniac in the sense it has to be HIS way. "So it's like, yeah Slash go ahead and do whatever solo you want, but it has to be on MY song, the song I WANT, and if I don't like the song then we aren't using it". He sort of disregards what the rest of the band thinks and does it his own way. It wasn't always like that though.
.[/i]

that's not the definitionof an egomaniac, that's the definition of a control freak, two very different things, and it's not a bad thing unless you don't understand the situation and who's who.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2005, 01:35:28 PM »

Um, call me crazy, but I have a feeling Gilby hasn't heard one track of Chinese. I am sure he is referring to OMG or a few live boots. I don't think anyone in Axl's camp is walking around with a copy of Chinese and letting ex band members listen.? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes For fuck's sake, I doubt the current band members even have copies of the album!

No doubt, there's no chance in hell Gilby's heard anything more than we have.

Gilby seems like a realist, which is cool.? He always seems to present himself in a positive fashion and comes off very well in most of the interviews I've seen or read

Seeing is believing?

Seeing as how even the most cynical UN is sat, I donno whether to giggle or howl, while believing Axl will have the last laugh Anyway.

Huh?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2005, 02:04:54 PM »

gilby fired?Huh didn't axl and gilby played together a couple years later???

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2005, 02:22:59 PM »

Yes. didn't they. snakepiter. However,
If you like it you say so, if you dont you say so...that's honesty I woulda thought. Gilby does criticize Axl.....he stated around 95 or so that Axl's ego was out of control and he was demanding every song on an Illusion followup be his and not being open to the rest of the bands songs or vision. That is criticism. Valid or not I dont know, but seems more likely than not.

Also don't forget His great involvement in Roots of Guns N' Roses. 
Apparently The guy some ppl call "honest" betrayed the confidence of the certain individual some ppl call "fragile".

That should have been the last straw. Angry

I just wonder when this interview was done.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2005, 09:38:07 PM »

That's soft....

Gilby is a cool guy... But yes I would rather stradlin...

Axl ans Slash... get together please... Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: