Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:41:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I dont know if Im happy or sad
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I dont know if Im happy or sad  (Read 6261 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: February 18, 2006, 12:40:15 AM »

TWat is leaving me speechless but these leaks are making me sad...i want the material as bad as any1 but I wanted that release day to be special...if the leaking stop with TWAT I can live with it...anymore....idk...ill be dissapointed...this has to be killing Axl

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 12:40:46 AM »

indeed

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 12:41:37 AM »

yeah, the novelty is wearing off-i pray axl knows that a backlash by him is not the right answer. time just to move on and release this motha.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
colma
Rocker

I BBQ llamas!

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 12:42:16 AM »

...this has to be killing Axl

I don't think it's safe to assume anything at this point.

To say what we are thinking.
Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 12:42:21 AM »

There are good points and bad points. It's creating a buzz and he's getting a lot of attention, but you're right, he's probably royally pissed that all these leaks are occuring. Hopefully it speeds up the release date of Chinese Democracy though.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 12:44:46 AM »

Every album leaks before it comes out. It comes with the territory in a digital age.

There is more determination to leak this than most albums though given the absurdity of the length of time fans have had to wait. You will be hard pressed to find many people who feel sorry for Axl given he has shown little consideration for GNR fans along the way.

Once again he is faced with a fork in the road. He can capitalize on this leak, or go back in his hut and hide. If he is smart he will try and use this to his advantage for once.

The leaks will keep coming though, whether he likes it or not. So instead of sitting around feeling sorry for himself and ?stewing about it, he should make the best he can of them.
Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 12:45:38 AM »

he should make the best he can of them.

Exactly.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 12:46:01 AM »

TWat is leaving me speechless but these leaks are making me sad...i want the material as bad as any1 but I wanted that release day to be special...if the leaking stop with TWAT I can live with it...anymore....idk...ill be dissapointed...this has to be killing Axl

Seriously, younggunner, don't be disappointed, I personally believe it's part of the plan. ?Part of my reasoning includes the recent HTGTH servers being moved just ahead of this craziness. ?Were they preparing for it in a way??? ? As you know, I've posted alot on how I thought CD would be great. ?The material obviously has surpassed those lofty expectations. ?It's amazing. ?Demos are no prob. ?If real tracks leak, THEN he'd be going ape-shit!!!!!!!!!

Rock on, and have more vodka like me! ? Grin

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 12:46:40 AM »

I can live with the leaks if their is an official release date on the horizon...

I think we should all expect soem kind of press release Monday

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
colma
Rocker

I BBQ llamas!

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 12:47:08 AM »

Every album leaks before it comes out. It comes with the territory in a digital age.

There is more determination to leak this than most albums though given the absurdity of the length of time fans have had to wait. You will be hard pressed to find many people who feel sorry for Axl given he has shown little consideration for GNR fans along the way.

Once again he is faced with a fork in the road. He can capitalize on this leak, or go back in his hut and hide. If he is smart he will try and use this to his advantage for once.

The leaks will keep coming though, whether he likes it or not. So instead of sitting around feeling sorry for himself and ?stewing about it, he should make the best he can of them.

Possibly one of the best statements I have read since the leaks began. ?It's probably already been said in some fashion before in 10 or more threads, but I couldn't agree with Naupis more. ?beer

To say what we are thinking.
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 12:48:08 AM »

You have over half the cd that you haven't heard yet. ?You should be happy and excited to hear more. ?If these songs are demos then the mastered ones will be great. ?Axl knows we love him. ?Its been years and years since a new song was released. ?And I don't really count Oh My God. ?Not hearing new GNR for over 10 years is almost like going without sex. ?Im still buying three copies.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 12:50:38 AM »

youngunner, why are you listening? You swore to not download anymore leaks?? Was the temptation too great? hihi

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 12:51:32 AM »

youngunner, why are you listening? You swore to not download anymore leaks?? Was the temptation too great?
please direct me to where i said i wouldnt dload them...i just said it sucks...of cours eim gonan listen but I envisioned a diff kind of listening day

Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 12:55:57 AM »

Seriously, younggunner, don't be disappointed, I personally believe it's part of the plan. ?Part of my reasoning includes the recent HTGTH servers being moved just ahead of this craziness. ?Were they preparing for it in a way??? ? As you know, I've posted alot on how I thought CD would be great. ?The material obviously has surpassed those lofty expectations. ?It's amazing. ?Demos are no prob. ?If real tracks leak, THEN he'd be going ape-shit!!!!!!!!!

Rock on, and have more vodka like me! ? Grin

The board hasn't moved as of yet. 

Look, here's what happened.

The site was down all weekend, we re-opened and then we closed the board because we're moving. Since nothing is happening regarding the move at the moment, I re-opened again.

In other words, the move didn't happen yet.

/jarmo
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2006, 01:00:03 AM »

Something is happening. Either a malcontent or an imp, which I think is more likely.

Leaking whole songs isn't usually the way to get fans ready for an announcement.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2006, 01:04:22 AM »

WHere the fock is Jarmo?
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2006, 01:46:22 AM »

WHere the fock is Jarmo?

They say the board hasn't moved yet, but it is an awfully strange coincidence that it's holding up quite nicely with all the increased traffic!

Younggunner, I hear ya. When the first 2 tracks leaked, I was very happy they did, as they are fantastic. I sort of disagreed with the people who didn't want any more to leak. I haven't heard TWAT yet, but I can't wait to do so. That being said, I don't mind if the leaks stop after this. In fact, I want them to stop.

Hopefully this is all part of the plan. If an album is coming in March, this is a pretty smart and unique way of jump-starting the hype. I can see Axl laughing his ass off. Then again, I can see Axl being very pissed off about this.

One last point: if Axl had just left behind one of his cd's at a strip club to be leaked, we WOULD NOT be hearing demos. Food for thought.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 01:57:35 AM »

Well I'm sad because I haven't been online all day and missed TWAT.

I guess that solves my moral dilemma for me.

Let's hope Axl uses this to his advantage
SLCPUNK
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2006, 02:00:28 AM »

yeah, the novelty is wearing off-i pray axl knows that a backlash by him is not the right answer. time just to move on and release this motha.

I agree..

Drop the album!
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2006, 02:04:52 AM »

I don't want to be the harbinger of negativity here, but I can't escape the sneaking suspicion that the reaction will counteract everything we are now anticipating, or more accurately expecting at this point..I pray Axl does not retreat here...Throw a mastered version of IRS on ITunes, turn a perceived negative into a promotional generator
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2006, 08:32:12 AM »

They say the board hasn't moved yet, but it is an awfully strange coincidence that it's holding up quite nicely with all the increased traffic!

So the truth isn't good enough or you?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2006, 08:35:51 AM »

I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like these are leaks from the actual album. These are just demos, relax everybody. The release day will still be special, because I'm confident the final versions will be a helluva lot more polished than these demos. Don't feel down people, this a great moment to be a GN'R fan!

The new material is great, and this is just a preview of what's forthcoming. Remember that. A preview. Not the actual thing.

makane
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2006, 08:38:50 AM »

I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like these are leaks from the actual album. These are just demos, relax everybody. The release day will still be special, because I'm confident the final versions will be a helluva lot more polished than these demos. Don't feel down people, this a great moment to be a GN'R fan!

The new material is great, and this is just a preview of what's forthcoming. Remember that. A preview. Not the actual thing.
peace
Everything can change, personally I believe the album isn't even called Chinese Democracy anymore.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2006, 12:46:18 PM »

youngunner, why are you listening? You swore to not download anymore leaks?? Was the temptation too great?
please direct me to where i said i wouldnt dload them...i just said it sucks...of cours eim gonan listen but I envisioned a diff kind of listening day

I'm sensing that some fans are regretting listening because of similar reasons...   

It's like you and a friend are developing a relationship... one that's heading towards romantic involvement... but he/she have shit going on in their life and they aren't yet READY to go for it....  And say one day the shit that's going on in his/her life gets to them a bit much and they are particularly vunerable and instead of being the supportive friend that you know you should be you take advantage of the situation and finally 'have your way' with him/her... sure you'd have the initial euphoria of the event... but then you wake up feeling wierd...  knowing that this isn't the way you wanted it... that you and him/her deserved better.

know what I mean...

I know both I and the album, Axl, the band deserve better.  ok

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2006, 12:53:04 PM »

Don't be sad man, we are all gonna buy the album when it comes out, and the finished product is even going to be better. We waited long enough, a little sneak peek isn't gonna harm no one. peace
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2006, 12:55:25 PM »

Hey nice surprise! Great to see you back Eva! smoking ok beer

Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: