Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:22:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  No Music Videos?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Music Videos?  (Read 2756 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: November 14, 2006, 11:49:13 PM »

I know MTV is useless nowadays but it seems as if GNR arent going to be doing any music videos for the album or atleast the first single.

If in fact the album does come out on the 21st and the single is released with the HD ad or the same day as the album when exactely do they plan on making a video? They are going to be too busy with promoting the album to have time for a video shoot I would think.

And thats kind of a bummer if theres no video. One fo the things I have been looking foward to is seeing a video with Axl, Pittman and Finck. GNr is known for cool and elaborate videos. I have been craving a video from this cast for a long time. I seriously hope Im wrong on this.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 11:53:37 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Edward Rose
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 11:53:12 PM »

Maybe you'll get one BIG video in the ChinDem cd case Smiley
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 11:53:44 PM »

I honestly believe that either:

a) They'll use live shots from various shows.

and

b) They shot some videos during the August, September break.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 12:02:54 AM »

Maybe you'll get one BIG video in the ChinDem cd case
that would be great but its wishful thinking

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Edward Rose
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 12:06:14 AM »

Maybe you'll get one BIG video in the ChinDem cd case
that would be great but its wishful thinking

If you think about it, that's the ONLY thing he can do, to top UYI 1 and 2. (Again with the frigin' ryhmes! Smiley )

Yeah, a concert dvd or something.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 12:07:58 AM »

agreed but I doubt it. I can see some kind of concert dvd or something like that but not an elaborate music video to go along with the album

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 12:10:26 AM »

It's not worth the money to bother making one as very few rock acts are getting their videos played on the main networks, and even fewer compromised of middle aged guys the way GNR are. VR had the same problem in that respect.

Music videos are a young mans game now a days, and the more established artists are kind of put out to pasture; relegated to touring to get their greatest exposure.
montycombs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 12:12:38 AM »

Regardless if it's a young man's game, I'd still like to see some new vids from GnR.  Namely, Better, TWAT, and Madagascar.  I really liked VR's videos for "Fall to Pieces" and "Dirty Little Thing"
Edward Rose
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 12:13:32 AM »

It's not worth the money to bother making one as very few rock acts are getting their videos played on the main networks, and even fewer compromised of middle aged guys the way GNR are. VR had the same problem in that respect.

Music videos are a young mans game now a days, and the more established artists are kind of put out to pasture; relegated to touring to get their greatest exposure.

Music vids are also used mostly to promote new acts or new albums. This act and album obviously doesn't need promotion.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 12:15:09 AM »

It's not worth the money to bother making one as very few rock acts are getting their videos played on the main networks, and even fewer compromised of middle aged guys the way GNR are. VR had the same

im really not trying to start a vr gnr thing but im willing to wager that if gnr did a video it would be a lot better than Slither,DLT or FTP.....

my point is that I was craving to see 3 particular members of this band get together and make a cool interesting video ....

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 12:19:49 AM »

im really not trying to start a vr gnr thing but im willing to wager that if gnr did a video it would be a lot better than Slither,DLT or FTP.....

That's beside the point, MTV doesn't play middle aged rock bands on their programming. It just doesn't happen anymore. They were the closest parallel of a successful and popular rock act who still didn't get air-play despite having a few #1 singles on the hard and modern rock charts.

I think Axl is too proud to make a video that is not going to see airplay except on some obscure channel somewhere when he once ruled that channel.
Blue2006
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 12:31:13 AM »

There was no talk of the Harley Davidson ad tell it appeared on their web sit, it could be just as easy to make a video and release it before any leaks. Who says that the band has to be in the video? Just saying.
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 08:21:11 AM »

MTV doesn't play middle aged rock bands on their programming. It just doesn't happen anymore...

What about RHCP? or U2? , they sure play those, and even Nine inch nails was played tons of times on MTV..

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 08:25:22 AM »

It cant compete with Nick and Jess or Flavor Flav....

I dont see a video coming anytime soon....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: