Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:51:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hear Chinese Democracy Before You Can Buy It This Weekend on K-Rock
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hear Chinese Democracy Before You Can Buy It This Weekend on K-Rock  (Read 6356 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: November 18, 2008, 06:25:51 PM »

heres your promo...

http://www.923krock.com/pages/3065515.php

Hear Chinese Democracy Before You Can Buy It This Weekend
I?m afraid we must insist ? You will glue your ears to your radio, computer speakers, or AOL enabled iPhone this Friday and Saturday at midnight ?

If Axl Rose can give fourteen years of his life to making Chinese Democracy, you can give him 70 minutes of your undivided attention. The wait is over, Chinese Democracy,  the new Guns N? Roses album is out Sunday?

Hear it early, in its entirety and without interruption, Friday and Saturday at midnight?

And hear a different album cut all weekend? Every hour, at the top of the hour.

Chinese Democracy - Hear it before you can buy it... And win it before you can buy it? courtesy of Geffen Records.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that people all around the world don't like the new Guns N? Roses? single ?Chinese Democracy?... they LOVE it!

The track is the number-one seller on iTunes in Greece, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Finland. It also is the biggest rock song on iTunes here in the States, as well as in Canada, the UK and France.

K-Rock will be playing a new track, "Better" this week. It's the one that we had on here for you when the YouTube leak came out a few months ago (the leaker, by-the-way, will not be heading to jail... as if you care).

You can pick up the tracks and 13 others when the long-awaited Chinese Democracy album hits shelves on November 23rd.

Pick up the single now...

Thank You Krock!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 07:24:34 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 06:30:39 PM »

Very cool!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
reed2009
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 06:42:11 PM »

krock is the best!!!

scraped
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 06:57:10 PM »

Awesome!  Now who said there was no promo?   beer
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 07:11:29 PM »

Awesome!  Now who said there was no promo?   beer

I think we're all about to get hit in the face with it, all through next week at least!

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 07:11:54 PM »

That is indeed very, very cool.  It's about damn time radio got worked up over this!
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 07:15:44 PM »

Tuning into a radio station online on my computer.....is not how i will first hear Chineese Democracy!!!

i'm waiting till sunday!....or earlier if i can get ahold of an actual cd.
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 07:33:42 PM »

Tuning into a radio station online on my computer.....is not how i will first hear Chineese Democracy!!!

i gotta agree...i gotta hear it on cd.  that'll be the clearest sound with the best quality.

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 08:25:22 PM »

i gotta agree...i gotta hear it on cd.  that'll be the clearest sound with the best quality.
I think I'm gonna hold out too.  I've come this far, why give in now?  Although if I'm at a party and I've had a few drinks, there's no telling what could happen.  It's possible I could stream the KRock website whether the other partygoers like it or not.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 08:32:17 PM »

I disagree. Our time has finally come, and this is not a leak situation. This is the music as the band intended us to hear it. They have given us listening parties, radio premieres, streaming singles on the web, etc.

This is what we've always wanted, Axl has given us the album we've been waiting over a decade for. You can hear it in the next two days, why make yourself wait even longer?

I'm not saying go download the album illegally. But the band, the label, and management are giving us every opportunity to enjoy the music. They are basically giving us a way to enjoy it "together."

Remember the live updates from the concerts? We could have a thread here during the radio premiere, all of us discussing the album, listening together.

I've waited a long time with all of you, and I couldn't have picked a better place to spend the time. And I couldn't think of a better way for me to experience the world premiere of the album than with all of you, together at the same time.

Sort of like when we all listened live to the Trunk interview.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 08:48:29 PM »

I disagree. Our time has finally come, and this is not a leak situation. This is the music as the band intended us to hear it. They have given us listening parties, radio premieres, streaming singles on the web, etc.

This is what we've always wanted, Axl has given us the album we've been waiting over a decade for. You can hear it in the next two days, why make yourself wait even longer?

I'm not saying go download the album illegally. But the band, the label, and management are giving us every opportunity to enjoy the music. They are basically giving us a way to enjoy it "together."

Remember the live updates from the concerts? We could have a thread here during the radio premiere, all of us discussing the album, listening together.

I've waited a long time with all of you, and I couldn't have picked a better place to spend the time. And I couldn't think of a better way for me to experience the world premiere of the album than with all of you, together at the same time.

You DO have a point there.  Obviously this is OK'd by the band and they'd have no problem with us listening in.  That's why I MAY crack.  Hell, if I'm sitting around Friday or Saturday night with nothing to do, then I probably will.  But I'm not necessarily gonna go on lockdown just to hear it when I'll have it physically at my disposal on Sunday.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 08:52:45 PM »

Faldor, don't give in! 
Personally, I'm waiting.  Sunday is my day to soak it all in. 

I waited until I was married...I can wait until Sunday!   Cool

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 08:57:47 PM »

I likely won't be able to get my hands on a physical copy of the album until around christmas so i will definitely crack and listen in to this. It also looks like they'll stream it on their myspace from another post on here. I wonder if they'll stream it on their site too. The temptation will just be too much for me to resist.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 09:04:46 PM »

Faldor, don't give in! 
Personally, I'm waiting.  Sunday is my day to soak it all in. 

I waited until I was married...I can wait until Sunday!   Cool
I plan on waiting, but I don't want to make any promises in case I crack.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 11:35:43 PM »

I do not want to miss the opportunity to share in this cd with all my on line friends.  Turn it up.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
dariano
Headliner

Double talkin' jive, Get the money motherfucker!

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 11:42:12 PM »

I will be listening to KRock and then buying 4 copies of the cd at BestBuy on Sunday!
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 11:58:36 PM »

You do make valid points, would be cool to experience it with the HTGTH community.......I'm also not making any promises incase i do crack and give in before the holy day....but if I do then I'd best use protection....and be equiped with headphones!   smoking
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 12:29:48 AM »

I just feel like if the album will be there for public consumption, why should we of all people hold off? We've been waiting along time, I can't see letting everyone else out there that hasn't invested as much time getting it first.

I had every intention of waiting until the 23rd to listen to anything, but once the listening parties happened and these radio premiers were announced, I'd rather not be last to hear it. If the band is ready, then I'm ready.

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to celebrate the moment. This is just how I see it. I remember checking websites in middle school for info, and I'm 24 now. I know there are plenty of stories similar to mine. I don't like the idea of Joe-Schmo who isn't as invested hearing it before me, so I'll listen.

And I really enjoyed the concert update threads, waiting to see what happened next, so I'd like to be able to see all the reactions and post my own as we all get out first listen to it.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 09:30:49 AM »

I just feel like if the album will be there for public consumption, why should we of all people hold off? We've been waiting along time, I can't see letting everyone else out there that hasn't invested as much time getting it first.

I had every intention of waiting until the 23rd to listen to anything, but once the listening parties happened and these radio premiers were announced, I'd rather not be last to hear it. If the band is ready, then I'm ready.

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to celebrate the moment. This is just how I see it. I remember checking websites in middle school for info, and I'm 24 now. I know there are plenty of stories similar to mine. I don't like the idea of Joe-Schmo who isn't as invested hearing it before me, so I'll listen.

And I really enjoyed the concert update threads, waiting to see what happened next, so I'd like to be able to see all the reactions and post my own as we all get out first listen to it.
You do makes some very valid points.  I pre-ordered CD for a friend of mine, whose birthday just happens to be Nov. 23rd.  But she's not even a GNR fan.  The only reason she knows anything about them is because of me.  I got the e-mail from Best Buy yesterday that the CD had been shipped to her home.  SO, she may get CD on Friday before ME.  That doesn't seem fair.  I should've ordered one for myself while I was at it though.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 08:00:49 PM »

im debating if I should listen to this broadcast or just wait until I have the album. It will be hard driving around and not flipping on Krock though

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: