Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:01:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hear Chinese Democracy Before You Can Buy It This Weekend on K-Rock
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hear Chinese Democracy Before You Can Buy It This Weekend on K-Rock  (Read 6358 times)
makane
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 08:08:16 PM »

im debating if I should listen to this broadcast or just wait until I have the album. It will be hard driving around and not flipping on Krock though
Wait. You dont want to hear some low quality version after all this waiting. It will definitely give you a better "first impression" when you hear it in high quality for the first time. IMO

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 08:41:00 PM »

102.1 The Edge in Toronto is doing the same thing:

The edge presents a "Guns n' Roses" Weekend starting the on the 21st. We'll be giving away copies of Chinese Democracy on the air Friday, Saturday and Sunday, along with Martin Streek hosting an exclusive "Chinese Democracy" listening party from the Sound Academy during Friday Night Live. They'll play back the album on site in it's entirety and give away CD vouchers.

http://www.edge.ca/Blogs/Feedback/BlogEntry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10011679
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 09:19:40 PM »

I think I might have to break down and listen in.  I sent out an e-mail to my friends suggesting we have our own listening party, completely expecting to get shot down.  They're not the biggest fans, more fans of the old lineup.  But surprisingly I got the OK.  Maybe me sending them every bit of news over the years has finally worn them down.  We'll see if it ends up happening.  Things could change over the next couple days.  And if it does happen, chances are I'll be quite intoxicated by the time midnight rolls around after numerous beers, SoCo/Lime shots, Irish Car Bombs have been consumed that I probably won't remember it all that much anyway.  So Sunday will be just like hearing it for the first time AGAIN! 

Note:  I planned it for Friday night, as I'm bound to have some sort of a hangover the following day.  Don't want to be in less than tip top shape on Sunday.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 09:21:34 PM »

Let us know how your friends like it if you are able to remember.  rofl
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 09:25:28 PM »

Let us know how your friends like it if you are able to remember.  rofl
Will do.  If I don't remember, maybe some of them will.  I can always call the next day and say, "well, what'd you think?"  Then they'll respond, "Dude, we talked about the album for like 2 hours last night, don't you remember?"  Probably something along those lines.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: