Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 02:14:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227904 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  new years eve show-new jersey
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: new years eve show-new jersey  (Read 22169 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2005, 06:58:44 PM »

I think I read on the website that the place holds 3,000 people... The ticket also comes with open bar for an hour and a half.. That should be fun having 3,000 people fight for free drinks...

you're right, you'll probably be lucky to get 1 free drink.

i finally decided to skip the show. over an hour drive, and i'd be away from the family on new year's....already did that once (in dec. 2001).

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2005, 08:15:53 PM »

Nice way to spend NYE!  yes

Why don't you just....
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2005, 11:44:59 PM »

Yeah, those Philly scalpers are dicks.  Me and three friends bought tickets.  Me and one friend got in, and my other two friends didn't get in.  They went looking for the guy who sold us them so they could whopp his ass, but they couldn't find him.  Then they decided to try to get in again and this time they got in.  Looking back it was pretty obvious the tickets were fake though.  They don't look very real.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2005, 12:24:50 AM »

It sucks doesn't it? Years ago Ticketmaster thought that they found a solution to scalpers by handing out wristbands. Damn scalpers even found a way around that!

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2005, 12:27:05 AM »

It sucks doesn't it? Years ago Ticketmaster thought that they found a solution to scalpers by handing out wristbands. Damn scalpers even found a way around that!

You'd think if they were so damn crafty they'd just get jobs.  I guess its easier to just illegally sell tickets tough.  Now the bootleg t-shirt guys...they rock.  There's nothing like getting a badass tour shirt for 10 bucks.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2005, 11:46:40 AM »

You'd think if they were so damn crafty they'd just get jobs.?

I always say the same thing about people who start a computer virus. Undecided

Why don't you just....
makane
Legend

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2005, 07:03:56 PM »

damn, wish I could be  there  Embarrassed

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2006, 09:30:37 AM »

I heard the show was fucking awesome... Hot as hell but rocking ok
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2006, 12:35:07 PM »

Best new year ever. The band kicked ass though the show could've been a bit longer. Maybe I'm just spoiled by memories of 3 hour G N' R shows from the 90's. My girlfriend and I were right in front of Slash about three people back. It was awesome to be so close to the stage (5 or 6 ft?). Everyone made it over to that side for a bit so we got to see the band up close. It sucks that some people were being assholes in the pit area behind us, but that always happens. I'm not against people dancing in the pit or crowd surfing... just be respectful of the other people around you. No one likes to get crushed. Overall the crowd in NJ is better than NYC for rock shows... people in NYC always act 'too cool' to really get into it.

I knocked one of Matts drum sticks out the air and my girlfriend caught it. She's stoked because she just started playing drums and felt it was a good omen. I snagged one of Duffs picks off the floor but gave it to a dude in front of me since he really seemed to want it and we just scored the drumstick. He was grateful and shook my hand when I gave him the pick, I think he was expecting me to keep it for myself.

Slash played his sig guitars for most of the show. He used a couple of BC Rich guitars (Sucker Train Blues and Sex Type Thing). For Fall To Pieces he pulled out the old 80's Standard with the three piece top. For Slither he played his tobacoo burst Norlin and then proceeded to whip it around on the strap and smash it into the mic stand towards the end of song.

Oh yeah... there was several bar locations in the club, so we both got a lot of free drinks.

beer
RichardNixon
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2006, 01:06:48 PM »

Any surprises in the setlist?
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2006, 01:25:02 PM »

Nope. It was pretty much the usual songs from the last tour. Still, being so close to the band is worth it. The last time I saw them at Roseland we stood back a bit to stay out of the mayhem. This time we were in the thick of it all.

ok
MAD at NASCAR
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2006, 02:53:54 PM »

how did the band look?
Jonathan
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2006, 04:41:47 PM »

Setlist, Atlantic City:

Sucker Train Blues
Do it For The Kids
Headspace
Superhuman
Crackerman
Illegal I Song
Fall To Pieces
Dirty Little Thing
Big Machine
It's So Easy
Sex Type Thing
Set Me Free
Wish You Were Here
You Got No Right
Mr. Brownstone
Slither

Setlist, Sayreville:

Sucker Train Blues
Do it For The Kids
Headspace
Superhuman
Crackerman
Illegal I Song
Fall To Pieces
Dirty Little Thing
Big Machine
It's So Easy
Sex Type Thing
Set Me Free
Mr. Brownstone
Slither

« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 04:48:27 PM by Jonathan » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2006, 05:26:00 PM »

A review from sludge.

Hey! Happy New Year's 2006, everyone! Hope you all had a good time partying it up!

So, I went to the Velvet Revolver New Year's Eve show at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, New Jersey. As you all know, I was extremely excited - so since I know you guys have short timespans, I'll keep my review as short as possible!   

The doors opened at 8 -- the band didn't come on until the ball dropped at midnight. That's right -- I waited four hours. They had these dancers inbetween dancing to 80's rock songs (Crue, Warrant, Aerosmith, Great White, etc etc), and like the loyal Sludger I am, I rocked out to the songs.

So when the ball dropped, Velvet Revolver took the stage. I was right up front on Slash's side and as soon as "Sucker Train Blues" began, the crowd surged forward. I couldn't breathe so I had this kid I became friendly with get security to pull me out. I was the first one out and I was ushered over to the right, now probably four feet from the stage. I still had a great view, though.

The setlist was short! They played from 12-1:30ish... nothing special about the set at ALL. I still had an incredible time, though. Slash jumped up on these cabinet things, sat down and I reached out and touched his shoe and his leather-clad leg. I DIED. Duff McKagan also came over my way and saw me and smiled a couple of times. When Scott came over in that direction, I was so mesmerized. He's beautiful up close.

Slash is a really little guy!! I don't know what you guys are saying about him getting fat and all; he is the tiniest thing ever! He's clearly not photogenic these days because I was so close to him and wow, yeah.

Overall, on a scale from 1-10, 1 being the lowest:
Crowd ettiquite: -395020
Setlist: 7
Energy: 10

I still had a great time though and I feel like I wasn't even there... and I got some great pictures too!

Anyone else go? Happy 2006!!

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
shaun
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2006, 05:49:07 PM »

A review from sludge.

Hey! Happy New Year's 2006, everyone! Hope you all had a good time partying it up!

So, I went to the Velvet Revolver New Year's Eve show at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, New Jersey. As you all know, I was extremely excited - so since I know you guys have short timespans, I'll keep my review as short as possible!   

The doors opened at 8 -- the band didn't come on until the ball dropped at midnight. That's right -- I waited four hours. They had these dancers inbetween dancing to 80's rock songs (Crue, Warrant, Aerosmith, Great White, etc etc), and like the loyal Sludger I am, I rocked out to the songs.

So when the ball dropped, Velvet Revolver took the stage. I was right up front on Slash's side and as soon as "Sucker Train Blues" began, the crowd surged forward. I couldn't breathe so I had this kid I became friendly with get security to pull me out. I was the first one out and I was ushered over to the right, now probably four feet from the stage. I still had a great view, though.

The setlist was short! They played from 12-1:30ish... nothing special about the set at ALL. I still had an incredible time, though. Slash jumped up on these cabinet things, sat down and I reached out and touched his shoe and his leather-clad leg. I DIED. Duff McKagan also came over my way and saw me and smiled a couple of times. When Scott came over in that direction, I was so mesmerized. He's beautiful up close.

Slash is a really little guy!! I don't know what you guys are saying about him getting fat and all; he is the tiniest thing ever! He's clearly not photogenic these days because I was so close to him and wow, yeah.

Overall, on a scale from 1-10, 1 being the lowest:
Crowd ettiquite: -395020
Setlist: 7
Energy: 10

I still had a great time though and I feel like I wasn't even there... and I got some great pictures too!

Anyone else go? Happy 2006!!

I'm guessing the reviewer is female  Grin
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2006, 06:25:29 PM »

November Rain  hihi

gnrevolution.com
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2006, 08:58:17 PM »

Awesome show.. That was the 5th time I saw them and the energy was definately the highest of them all.. I almost didn't go but am glad I did... 

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2006, 10:54:39 PM »

a little too much drunken energy which is why i left the front and moved back where people were actually watching the band and not trying to kill others. This was my 7th VR show and by far the most unbearable with all the pushing and moshing so it wasn't worth getting tossed around as I'm trying to watch the band. The setlist was originally longer. i looked at it and it was the same as the night before in Atlantic City but the venue choose to make us wait 4 hours so VR had to cut it short in order to obey the 1:30 curfew. YGNR & Wish You Were Here were on the setlist but didn't get played so they went with the energetic songs to appease the moshing lunatics
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 10:57:18 PM by Top-Hatted One » Logged
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2006, 05:22:36 AM »

I think it was VR that wanted to wait until midnight...   Anyway, I was one of the drunken moshing lunatics... Just for one song anyway.  I was up pretty close most of the time and don't mind getiing knocked around.  At one point though I ended up in the pit, it was actually during It's So Easy.  I have never seen it that nuts at a VR show.. I mean people were straight up slam dancing like a Slayer show or something..

Jonathan
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2006, 06:27:12 AM »

a little too much drunken energy which is why i left the front and moved back where people were actually watching the band and not trying to kill others. This was my 7th VR show and by far the most unbearable with all the pushing and moshing so it wasn't worth getting tossed around as I'm trying to watch the band. The setlist was originally longer. i looked at it and it was the same as the night before in Atlantic City but the venue choose to make us wait 4 hours so VR had to cut it short in order to obey the 1:30 curfew. YGNR & Wish You Were Here were on the setlist but didn't get played so they went with the energetic songs to appease the moshing lunatics

7 times? I have only seen them twice. First time in Sweden and the second time in Scotland.

Good review. But I think the setlists were pretty boring.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 06:28:44 AM by Jonathan » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: