Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:12:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227806 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Paul Tobias
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paul Tobias  (Read 29845 times)
Axl
Opening Act

Where do we go now?

« on: February 04, 2004, 09:59:37 AM »

Paul was a cool guitarist, but wasn't he the reason that Slash left? I mean, Axl brought in a new guitarist without consulting  him first and he got all pissed off, etc.

Anyway, why did Paul leave the band? Not that I'm saying I don't like Richard Fortus (he's cool as fuck!) but I was just wondering anyway.

I'm a hard case that's fuckin' tough to beat!
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 10:48:19 AM »

problably either because he doesn't want to be big or the more likely scenario is that he was only used for writting because he's the absolutely worst guitarist this planet has seen hihi
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 10:49:53 AM »

"Pauly the Parrott" is the worst guitar play to ever be afilliated with the guns name. He has the stage presence of a mic stand and I won't even mention his playing.

Yes he is indeed one of the main reasons Slash left, that and musical differences b/t Slash and Axl. Pauly was the little bird on Axl's shoulder telling him he's always right, a proper "yes Madam" if you will.

Lets no forget he's the reason MAtt got fired as well, and asit was said b/f he's G n' R's Yoko Ono.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 11:37:50 AM »

"Pauly the Parrott" is the worst guitar play to ever be afilliated with the guns name. He has the stage presence of a mic stand and I won't even mention his playing.

Yes he is indeed one of the main reasons Slash left, that and musical differences b/t Slash and Axl. Pauly was the little bird on Axl's shoulder telling him he's always right, a proper "yes Madam" if you will.

Lets no forget he's the reason MAtt got fired as well, and asit was said b/f he's G n' R's Yoko Ono.

paul wanted matt back in the band.... i think most of us are blaming paul by the cover..... and if salash left because of paul, isnt that a ltittle weird? and pauls work on Sympathy For The Devil is cool! you cant say he ruined the GNR songs....

poor, poor guy... and he was walking about and rocking out alittle, but remeber! it was his 4/5 show! i would be nervous as hell playing for such a big crowd so early in my carrier!!! who of you woudlnt? so if you give the band slack cuz of fucking up songs and going out of breath, do it for the whole band, not just the "cool" ones...

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 11:39:07 AM »

He got Sorum fired? Why?

GN'R 07/06/06, 11/06/06, 23/07/06, 29/08/10, 18/10/10, 20/05/12

VR 01/09/04, 16/01/05, 09/06/05, 11/06/07, 15/03/08

Slash 03/07/10, 21/07/11, 08/10/12, 01/03/13
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2004, 12:10:38 PM »

He got Sorum fired? Why?

the roumur has it to matt said something bad to paul and paul said it to axl and then axl fired him... then on hs way out (matt ) paul came running after wanting him back... and matt said, "i cant, axl fired me"

but matt is too good a drummer to be fired for that reason! as far as i know axl and matt came well along, right?

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2004, 01:42:12 PM »

He got Sorum fired? Why?

the roumur has it to matt said something bad to paul and paul said it to axl and then axl fired him... then on hs way out (matt ) paul came running after wanting him back... and matt said, "i cant, axl fired me"

but matt is too good a drummer to be fired for that reason! as far as i know axl and matt came well along, right?

Paul Tobias talked a lot of shit about Slash behind his back. Matt Sorum didn't approve and defended Slash..and threw couple bad words towards Paul.....you know, the soup was ready...it was Matt's time to leave them band.

I remember something that Matt said "I couldn't let to Paul trash mouth about Slash when he wasn't even around" something like that...it is in some article, maybe someone will remember it.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2004, 03:23:12 PM »

no Matt when up to Axl to complain about Paul then Axl fired him.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2004, 04:53:58 PM »

no Matt when up to Axl to complain about Paul then Axl fired him.

I'd complain about Paul if he were in my band ... and we're no Guns N' Roses ...

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2004, 05:21:23 PM »

I don't know enough about Huge to make a comment. He has been around Guns since the beginning though (he was in the AFD cover 'thanks').

Matt is pissed at Axl and Guns, that much is obvious. So maybe his accounts aren't entirely accurate. Who knows? Fact stands, Paul was in Guns, now he isn't. For a novice he held it together pretty damn well at RIR. Especially when you consider he was on stage with some serious veterans, and top notch players from top notch bands.

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2004, 12:31:40 AM »

I wonder if he was even plugged in. His solo in Rocket Queen was pretty atrocious.
raoxsle
Banned
Rocker

Raoxsle is dead. You may call me....The Joker.

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2004, 01:40:53 AM »

Matt getting fired didn't happen at the same time as the argument between him, Paul, and Axl.  It was later on.

(By the way, I'll bet Paul is a better guitarist than anyone on this board.)

"There's no difference between me and everyone else. All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.&am
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2004, 08:57:22 AM »

I don't know there are a lot of members here.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2004, 09:04:16 AM »

I doubt it ...  I have a feeling there are at least a couple kick-ass guitarists here ... I know I've picked up some great help for my playing from this board.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
darkmonth
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2004, 09:56:02 AM »

Matt getting fired didn't happen at the same time as the argument between him, Paul, and Axl.  It was later on.

He's certainly not as bad as people make out. I dont think he is bad at all....

but yea, I'm better. Smiley  Saying that, someone said Pauls playing on SFTD was brilliant... but I have to say... he played very little on that track.  Most of the guitars are Slash's and the parts Paul played are very simple.  In fact most of the main stuff he played was the stupid mirroring of Slash's lead.

That pissed Slash off, because Axl was like, lets do SFTD, Slash had decided it was a bad idea, but what the hell... it will get the band in the studio again... who turns up?  Slash, Duff, and Matt.  No Axl.  And then Axl went in and brought Paul in, without anyone's consent, and recorded all these parts without any consultation with Slash or the band.  Slash said he argued quite a lot about that and how Axl had agreed not to bring anything like that up again without the other members consent.  Of course, it was already on its way down at that point.
darkmonth
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2004, 06:52:11 PM »

No Dizzy...

this is a Slash quote

"... and the next thing you know, there's this "answer" guitar going on during my guitar solo! It's Paul Huge! I will probably never forgive Axl for that."

Those echoed solo parts are Paul Huge.

As I said.
Dizzy
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2004, 07:03:53 PM »

My mistake!   Embarrassed
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2004, 11:12:13 PM »

I'm not to big afan of him.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2004, 07:45:07 AM »

Don't know too much about him, seemed okay to me though he was just one of the few that stuck with Axl, didn't he co-write Back Off Bitch? If he did im guessing Slash must of already known him it won't of been like Axl brought a total stranger in
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2004, 09:25:02 AM »

Don't know too much about him, seemed okay to me though he was just one of the few that stuck with Axl, didn't he co-write Back Off Bitch?

"Back Off Bitch"

(Huge / Rose)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: