Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:24:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Paul Tobias
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paul Tobias  (Read 29830 times)
Dizzy
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2004, 09:59:40 AM »

Paul Huge a.k.a. Paul Tobias.
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2004, 11:32:06 AM »

Paul Tobias was a fuckin? bad guitarrist.
I bet I?m a better guitarr player than him.
And If he is one of the reasons of why slash left, I HATE HIM MORE.
Fuck,  and the reason of why was matt fierd, god!
well he isnt in axl?s cover band any more, haha.

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2004, 01:31:43 PM »

As much as I love Slash and Matt, I can' t tell that Paul is a bad guitarist... just watch and listen RIR3... he is doin'  good job there. And remmember that he is just rhytm guitarist not lead...
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2004, 01:37:38 PM »

just what are you stating that on? have  you heard his original work? have you heard him play outside RIR3? and MAYBE the las vegas thingie... didnt thikn so.. so dont call him a bad guitarist based on 1 or 2 shows... right?

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2004, 02:57:36 PM »

just what are you stating that on? have  you heard his original work? have you heard him play outside RIR3? and MAYBE the las vegas thingie... didnt thikn so.. so dont call him a bad guitarist based on 1 or 2 shows... right?
But he's not a good guitarist/musician.  Maybe he can play other people's stuff ok, but he's obviously not that talented or we'd have heard more about him.  The amount of things he could've done with Axl as his best friend and the best thing he can come up with is Back Off Bitch?

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2004, 03:27:03 PM »

But he's not a good guitarist/musician.  Maybe he can play other people's stuff ok, but he's obviously not that talented or we'd have heard more about him.  The amount of things he could've done with Axl as his best friend and the best thing he can come up with is Back Off Bitch?

he has been in GUNS N ROSES.... we havent heard too much about that band in the last ten years, so they all must be taletelss...  how do you know that he hasnt written anything for GNR the last years? you DONT.... its like i say buckethead is gay 'cuz i havent seen him with a girl...

Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2004, 06:53:37 PM »

he has been in GUNS N ROSES.... we havent heard too much about that band in the last ten years, so they all must be taletelss...  how do you know that he hasnt written anything for GNR the last years? you DONT.... its like i say buckethead is gay 'cuz i havent seen him with a girl...

Um....no it's not.

We have proof that all the members/ex members/brief members of GN'R are talented except for Huge.  NIN, Praxis, Buckethead, The Replacements, Tool etc..

The only thing we've heard from Huge is that he might be about to start a band with the brothers from STP and in the news article he is "Ex Guns N' Roses" when he played on one song that nobody (minus Axl) thought was good.

If he can play guitar and write songs then why doesn't he have his own band, or why isn't he in GN'R?  How many guitarists has Axl gone through?  If Huge was as good as people like, Wylde, Buckethead et al then people would have heard of him.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2004, 07:53:16 PM »

"Pauly the Parrott" is the worst guitar play to ever be afilliated with the guns name. He has the stage presence of a mic stand and I won't even mention his playing.

Yes he is indeed one of the main reasons Slash left, that and musical differences b/t Slash and Axl. Pauly was the little bird on Axl's shoulder telling him he's always right, a proper "yes Madam" if you will.

Lets no forget he's the reason MAtt got fired as well, and asit was said b/f he's G n' R's Yoko Ono.

Another fly on the wall who knew exactly what went down! hihi

His Guitar work wasn't bad, but I don't think he was ever really a member of GNR. I think Axl even said this, he was basicly a fill in until they found the third guitarist.

Paul and Matt never got along, and the only thing I've ever heard about him was Slash saying he just didn't like him from the moment he met him. I've never heard or read anything that he did that made him a dick. He did say something about Slash after Slash left, Matt said something back to him. Axl fired him. Paul tried to talk Matt into coming back into the studio and he didn't. That's the basics of how Matt was fired according to Matt.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2004, 09:30:14 PM »

i know a really good guitarist, but he isnt famous! what kind of crock is taht?!? he doesnt want to be... you know that paul wanted to be in GNR 'til they started touring, so he did...

and can you really say that RIR3 was bad? i mean, the whole band didnt sound at its best, but tobias was not bad!

and since buckethead is maybe the best guitarist now, why isnt he world famous? CUZ HE DOESNT WANT TOO!! 99%of the people dont know who BH is... unless i tell then....  so your argument is abselutely stupid, miz... back it up alittle more..

Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2004, 02:33:15 PM »

i know a really good guitarist, but he isnt famous! what kind of crock is taht?!? he doesnt want to be... you know that paul wanted to be in GNR 'til they started touring, so he did...

and can you really say that RIR3 was bad? i mean, the whole band didnt sound at its best, but tobias was not bad!

and since buckethead is maybe the best guitarist now, why isnt he world famous? CUZ HE DOESNT WANT TOO!! 99%of the people dont know who BH is... unless i tell then....  so your argument is abselutely stupid, miz... back it up alittle more..
Show me an example of his talent.

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2004, 05:21:33 PM »

well, Sypathy For The Devil... is paul's playing there THAT bad? and show an example on how incredible bad of an player he is then... RIR3 wasnt bad either... im not saying he is GREAT! im saying he is better than what most people say he is!

Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2004, 05:46:24 PM »

Well, it's not exactly what i'd call good guitar playing, I mean, I could do that, and i'm not good by any stretch of the imagination.  I'm not saying he's actually crap, I'm just saying he's not good.

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2004, 05:50:58 PM »

Well, it's not exactly what i'd call good guitar playing, I mean, I could do that, and i'm not good by any stretch of the imagination.  I'm not saying he's actually crap, I'm just saying he's not good.

okey... but we actualy dont know if he might be an kick ass player... you can play 99% of slash's rythm guitar and songs without beeing too good...

//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2004, 07:17:57 PM »

GNR is better without that asshole

//JK
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2004, 11:46:42 PM »

I recall reading an interview with Duff in which  he had talked about pauly huge. I remember him saying something on the lines of "Then Axl brings in this guy (Pauly) and he can't even play".

Has anybody else read this interview?

Nevertheless I still believe pauly is a fucking horrible guitar player. He's a fucking snake in the grass, he proved that with his little stunt he and Axl pulled with SFD.  

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2004, 03:12:41 PM »

I recall reading an interview with Duff in which  he had talked about pauly huge. I remember him saying something on the lines of "Then Axl brings in this guy (Pauly) and he can't even play".

Nevertheless I still believe pauly is a fucking horrible guitar player. He's a fucking snake in the grass, he proved that with his little stunt he and Axl pulled with SFD.  
Exactly.  Duff saying Huge sucks is more than enough proof for me.

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2004, 06:21:49 PM »

Yes, I remember reading that quote before. A while back someone on another board posted a bunch of quotes from Slash, Duff, Gilby, and Matt and not one of them seemed to be fond of Paul. There was this general consensus that they didn't need him and he wasn't that good of a guitarist to begin with. It's very obvious that Paul was only there because Axl wanted him to be there.
dragan0T3
Rocker

So Axl, when are we getting a new album- 2023?! ;)

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2004, 11:09:00 PM »

Paul probably sucks as a guitarist, but he was brought in for song-writing help for Axl.  Without Izzy, 90's GN'R would sound like Snakepit, and if you feel that those two albums are great than we just have different tastes in music.

Metal is better than ever - try Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Dragonforce, Children of Bodom, Kamelot, Symphony X, Stratovarius, Heavenly, Dream Theater, Dimmu Borgir etc.
P.S. You Finns f'n rock! _|m|
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2004, 05:50:21 PM »

there you got capitan pal!!every body here says he bad as fuck as a guitarist.RIR didnt suck, but Paul screwed it up a bit just because of being there.And then you have Slash,Duf and Matt saying how bad he is.
SO there you have my argument

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2004, 09:44:07 AM »

Come on Captain Pal, answer to that!!
Try to argue again.Try to come up with another excuse to defend him

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: