Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:47:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227777 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler  (Read 29451 times)
gnfnrfan_2004
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2004, 08:57:11 AM »

One of the reasons that axl is pissed at steven is that when axl was married to erin, steven shot her up with a speedball. she had never done coke or heroin before and he just shoots her up, what an asshole. he should have been put in jail.
Dizzy
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2004, 09:53:16 AM »

steven shot her up with a speedball. she had never done coke or heroin before and he just shoots her up,

That's crap.  Steven may have given her drugs, but I highly doubt he forced them into her body.  She was a big girl, she could've said no.

This has also been discussed before.
Axl
Opening Act

Where do we go now?

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2004, 10:24:43 AM »

Adler IS sponging off them. Each other past member of GN'R has been out in the last 10 years and actually done stuff - solo projects. Even Axl has written new material and put a new band together. But Adler has done nothing - he's still playing the same old songs, without anything new.

I'm a hard case that's fuckin' tough to beat!
goodnight tonight
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2004, 10:31:59 AM »

He played sometimes with Road Crew and also with Gilby in '93 or '93, anyway now he's gonna record with A'sA the new record (unreleased stuff). They are thinking about changing the name of the band.

Goodnight Tonight Guns N' roses Bootlegs Trading Page!!
http://gnr.altervista.org
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2004, 11:40:28 AM »

steven shot her up with a speedball. she had never done coke or heroin before and he just shoots her up,

That's crap.  Steven may have given her drugs, but I highly doubt he forced them into her body.  She was a big girl, she could've said no.

This has also been discussed before.

I know this has been discussed before, and I know gnfnrfan_2004 is right, some sort of way (Erin was no child then but still..)

Erin hadn't never done any "real" drugs before..she went at Stevens apartment to ask some....what did Steven do? he gave good trip to Erin, so good that she almost got killed. if there would had not been Mccoy (the neighbour) looking for Erin. she would be dead right now. this all has been stated in the book, and no legal actions hasn't been made by Steven Adler and the croup ' cause the story is true.

edit. and I think also that this is a one reason for deep bitterness between Axl and Steven
« Last Edit: February 07, 2004, 11:44:06 AM by John Daniels » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2004, 01:02:45 PM »

Adler IS sponging off them. Each other past member of GN'R has been out in the last 10 years and actually done stuff - solo projects. Even Axl has written new material and put a new band together. But Adler has done nothing - he's still playing the same old songs, without anything new.

I really don't know how to write this without at least once questioning your intelligence.... Roll Eyes

You cannot sponge off something u are legally entitled to have...geez

Real simple so u can get it:

Steven Adler recieves royalties for work he did

He is a wealthy man, and lives life at his own pace

He has no need to do anything

U understand?

Also Steven Adler has formed his own band, has toured the world and is making an album

If you only have innacurate and stupid things to say why bother at all?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2004, 02:09:24 PM »

I really don't know how to write this without at least once questioning your intelligence.... ::

If you only have innacurate and stupid things to say why bother at all?

Izzy don't be so harsh. This guy is a newbie and he was not around when all the Steven threads were discussed.  

He is entitled to have his opinion as you have yours. Yes, we've stablished already that Steven receives money from the work he did. He won the court case and walked out with $2.5 Million.

The Erin drug issue remains unclear. Axl once said Steven shot her up with a speedball. There are couple of people who support Axl's version, now what does Steven say about this? Has he ever mentioned anyhing about it? Everyone is entitled to give their opinion. I must say though, if Erin was a big girl to say no, Steven was also a big boy to say no to those papers Doug Gouldstein tricked him to sign. But then again we have already discussed this issue before.

We first started discussing if Axl and Steven still taked to each other and then the " letter" issue was brought into place. I still don't know if Steven sent axl a letter, if he did, and if the story above ( erin story) was true, it would make sense to me if Axl wouldn't want to have anything to do with Steven.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2004, 07:12:28 PM »

Steven, though, remained in the band after the whole giving Erin drugs escapade.

So it wasn't the straw that broke the camel's back, as they say.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2004, 09:21:22 PM »

You are joking, right?  Steven and Axl have done exactly the same thing, toured with a new band while playing material primariy from Appetite ...

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2004, 10:59:18 PM »

I really wish they changed the name of the band back to Suki Jones. The name is 10 times better than Adler's Appetite

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Dizzy
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2004, 11:14:44 PM »

Axl would probably speak to Steven before he spoke to Slash again.

Remember what Axl said during the "Making of Estranged" video...something along the lines of....

If the emotion is still there, no matter what you've been through with a person, you still care about what happens to them and don't want them to destroy themselves.  The song could be applied to so many people in my life.  It could be a song about Steven Adler....

Interesting that Axl could've applied to the song to so many different people, but the first name that came out of his mouth was Steven Adler.
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2004, 02:33:31 AM »

Steven, though, remained in the band after the whole giving Erin drugs escapade.

So it wasn't the straw that broke the camel's back, as they say.

"couple of days later (from Erin's overdose) I saw 3 limos coming down at Steven's. I saw Allen Niven and Axl coming from Limos. And then 5 lawyer look a like guys".................."couple of months later Steven sued them"

little parts from the book.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2004, 07:54:15 AM »

Since the ex-members get along with each other i think it would be really cool if Adler's Appetite supported Velvet Revolver on a UK tour.

As for Steven Adler sponging he deserved money he was part of the band that created the greatest album of all time, didn't he get fired for being on drugs, even though the other members were to? (i could be wrong so don't bash me to death if i am ok )
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2004, 07:25:26 PM »

Axl don't speak to anyone, that's something that pisses me off about him!!!
I love the guy but is sad to see how big is his ego.
I don't really care about Steven, but to me is pretty sad that Izzy tried to talk to him after '93 (I'm sure a lot of people knows this story better than me) just go to his house to talk like a friend and he didn't let him in.

//JK
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2004, 02:08:10 AM »

pretty sad that Izzy tried to talk to him after '93 (I'm sure a lot of people knows this story better than me) just go to his house to talk like a friend and he didn't let him in.

Yeah

And that was after Axl invited Izzy over no

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2004, 09:00:11 AM »

Since the ex-members get along with each other i think it would be really cool if Adler's Appetite supported Velvet Revolver on a UK tour.

drool

Then all we need is to get rid of Matt......

Axl's refusal to talk to the others is pretty sad, but we don't know if they have actually bothered to get in contact with him, okay Izzy went to his house and Steven seems to have written a letter....but in 10 years thats not really much of an effort.

I'm pretty sure if Axl was to bump into the old lot it would sort out so many problems....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dizzy
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2004, 05:26:04 PM »

That was a different occasion.  In 1992, Axl invited Izzy over and then when Izzy showed up, screamed at him to get off his property.

In 2000, Izzy showed up unannounced, and Axl had Beta tell Izzy that he wasn't home.  He later said in an interview that reuniting with Izzy "wouldn't be healthy for me".

I seriously doubt Axl has a clue what is healthy for him.  Izzy was the best thing to ever happen to him.
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2004, 01:27:57 PM »

That was a different occasion.  In 1992, Axl invited Izzy over and then when Izzy showed up, screamed at him to get off his property.

In 2000, Izzy showed up unannounced, and Axl had Beta tell Izzy that he wasn't home.  He later said in an interview that reuniting with Izzy "wouldn't be healthy for me".

I seriously doubt Axl has a clue what is healthy for him.  Izzy was the best thing to ever happen to him.

Thats sad man, real sad.

Riot In Everyone!
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2004, 05:36:17 PM »

Axl would probably speak to Steven before he spoke to Slash again.

Remember what Axl said during the "Making of Estranged" video...something along the lines of....

If the emotion is still there, no matter what you've been through with a person, you still care about what happens to them and don't want them to destroy themselves.  The song could be applied to so many people in my life.  It could be a song about Steven Adler....

Interesting that Axl could've applied to the song to so many different people, but the first name that came out of his mouth was Steven Adler.

This would figure with the lyrics:

'What more could you ask from me (AFD money, lawsuit etc..)
How could you say I never needed you (fairly obvious)
When you took everything from me (huge blow as first lost member of the GN'R 'family')'

and also

'I'll never find anyone to replace you,
Guess I'll have to make it through
This time,
Without you'

Ie, he got Matt, but didn't like him as much, and wanted Steven back, but had to put up with Matt due to the gulf between the pair.

Who knows?  beer

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: