Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:43:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Stopping the Greatest Hits album
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stopping the Greatest Hits album  (Read 119129 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2004, 06:10:26 PM »

I sent an email off.

What a slap in the face this release would be. Its an embarrassment.

Give us Chinese Democracy, or don't give us a motherfucking thing.

Just when you think being a fan cant get any harder...

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
AC
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2004, 06:16:26 PM »

I agree dude, and it's shit like this that's holding the GN'R camp from getting their intended music out to the fans.

AA

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2004, 06:23:43 PM »

done. I hope we can atleast force them to improve the track listing if we can't get them to cancel it.
milkboy
Opening Act

I'll save you

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2004, 06:25:51 PM »

How do you know this album got no Axl's approval ??

management

Mysteron,
You seem to be "in the know" more than anybody on here. A straight-forward and direct question for you -- What in the hell is going on in GNR camp right now? If you have communication capability with GNR management, I would think it would be realistic for you to ask for and receive some sort of "state of the union" message. Clearly, we deserve it and you seem to be the only person around here who can get it.  I'm not asking for a specific release date. But, I would love more than "We'll let you know when there's something to announce".  

Thanks so much.
dust of my dust
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2004, 06:26:07 PM »

That Greatest Hits thing is quite obviously a bad idea and I am sure that Axl doesn't have anything to do with it. Axl tries to build something new, and this would just contribute to stuck GN'R in the past (past music, mast imagery, past members etc...).
The Greatest Hits album can't do any good for the new version of GN'R, but it  can do some harm. It could also be a bad thing for the reputation of the band, as all the true music lovers know that Greatest Hits album such as this one are just lame and artificial...

I will try to find some time to send a letter to the address that Mysteron gave us...
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2004, 06:30:22 PM »

If a record company sees an oppurtunity to make money, they won't let it pass. No matter how many e-mails they get. The only way to stop them from that, is to show them an oppurtunity to make even more money, wich in this case could be CD.

If they get a ton of e-mails from their "opportunity to make money" saying that they WON'T get their money, maybe they'll reconsider?
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2004, 06:36:15 PM »

I think we can even use what we already have from the Street Teams to spread the word about Mysteron?s idea.

It would be really helpful to try to stop GH and also a good test to the future effective use of the ST to promote CD.

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2004, 06:42:07 PM »

teehee, guns n' roses fans campaigning against the release of a CD because not enough time has been spent putting it together.

"It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife."
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2004, 06:46:57 PM »

Done  Smiley

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2004, 06:54:21 PM »

teehee, guns n' roses fans campaigning against the release of a CD because not enough time has been spent putting it together.

"It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife."

hihi Isn't it ironic?

I'll send one off, but I really don't know what to say. I'm thinking about keeping it short and letting them know there will be some kind of internet and word of mouth campaign to boycott it and that all the fans want is Chinese Democracy.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2004, 07:02:42 PM »

Done and done.

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2004, 07:03:30 PM »

I'm thinking about keeping it short and letting them know there will be some kind of internet and word of mouth campaign to boycott it and that all the fans want is Chinese Democracy.

See, this is what I don't understand. I don't think sending emails to the record company is going to get us CD any sooner unless they can force it out of Axl's hands. Cancelling it is only going to buy Axl more time because I doubt the company decided to just forget CD in favor of a GH without good reason (ie they dont feel it will be out anytime soon). I think an email campaign to GNR's management would be more beneficial because we could try to force some info out of the band.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 07:05:24 PM by GirlGunner » Logged
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2004, 07:07:30 PM »

I'm thinking about keeping it short and letting them know there will be some kind of internet and word of mouth campaign to boycott it and that all the fans want is Chinese Democracy.

See, this is what I don't understand. I don't think sending emails to the record company is going to get us CD any sooner unless they can force it out of Axl's hands. Cancelling it is only going to buy Axl more time because I doubt the company decided to just forget CD in favor of a GH without good reason (ie they dont feel it will be out anytime soon). I think an email campaign to GNR's management would be more beneficial because we could try to force some info out of the band.

It's what Axl wants and im sure Axl has more of a clue what the ramifications of cancelling the greatest hits are than what u, or anyone else, thinks.

Believe it or not, this is gn'r's management telling us something from Axl.
AprilRose
Banned
Headliner

Not here to offend :)

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2004, 07:08:06 PM »

I don't think the point here is to try and get CD out sooner, but to stop this GH album from coming out because it's the most stupid idea ever and no one wants it.

It will do no good to anyone.

" I'm sorry. I'm not catering to the masses. We're in this band for ourselves. We play music WE want to hear and if someone else likes it, that adds to it." -Axl Rose.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2004, 07:16:10 PM »

Yeah, but I really don't understand their intentions for releasing a greatest hits CD. I think if it flops, which it very well could, it could put GNR in an even more bad light which they don't need. Plus, if they're going to release a GH CD why don't they put more thought into it with a tracklist that we actually like? I also don't like the idea of a label going against an artists wishes, even if the artist is as bullheaded as Axl.

But I completely agree with you on sending something to GNR's managment for a status update at the very least. I'm all for that.

riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2004, 07:21:14 PM »

i'll send one because i realize the negative impact this will have on the band's future, but at some point we have to realize that this is most likely Axl's fault. All he has to do is give them the album, and all, presumably, is forgotten.

Assuming this GH is designed to recoup some money from the CD sessions, only Axl is to blame. Universal is, i assume, a publicly traded company that has stock holders and a board of governors to answer to who don't give two shits about the fans wait for a new GnR album; they are concerned only with the bottom line. So really, it's hard to blame the company. They do what's in their economic best interests. At least 6 years and an estimated $10 million has gone into this project and they still obviously have no concrete schedule for its release.

yes, i agree it sucks and it'll wreck any legitmacy this new band has, but i think we're painting the wrong party as the bad guy.....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2004, 07:25:20 PM »

Have a little faith in our meddling ability, the GH was delayed before....it can be done again.

This GH would be a slap in all our faces

Can u see the headline on MTV?

''Guns N Roses fans protest album release''

Its worth it just for that......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2004, 07:28:55 PM »

'Cause, I'm starting to think that you might be Axl dude. yes

Funny...I'm thinking he might be David Cohen himself  yes

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Crowebar
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2004, 07:34:19 PM »

'Cause, I'm starting to think that you might be Axl dude. yes

Funny...I'm thinking he might be David Cohen himself  yes

Maybe Mysteron is Del James? Huh
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2004, 07:39:21 PM »

Have a little faith in our meddling ability, the GH was delayed before....it can be done again.

This GH would be a slap in all our faces

Can u see the headline on MTV?

''Guns N Roses fans protest album release''

Its worth it just for that......

Ha, a slap in the face is what I used in my e-mail.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: