Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:10:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GNN - GN'R News Network
| | |-+  GNR may sue....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR may sue....  (Read 3270 times)
DemocracyRose
« on: February 18, 2004, 10:04:17 AM »

Guns N' Roses May Sue to Block Greatest Hits Album  
Wed Feb 18, 6:44 AM ET  Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Jonathan Cohen

NEW YORK (Billboard) - While work continues on Guns N' Roses' endlessly delayed album "Chinese Democracy," Geffen Records has set a March 23 release date for "Greatest Hits," compiling 14 of the hard rock act's best-known tracks

The album boasts such favorites as "Welcome to the Jungle," "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Patience," "Paradise City" and a cover of the Rolling Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil" from the "Interview With a Vampire" soundtrack.

This is the third archival Guns N' Roses release since last fall, when Geffen issued DVDs of the home videos "Welcome to the Videos" and the two-volume "Use Your Illusion."

However, according to sources, the band did not give its consent for "Greatest Hits" to move forward and may pursue legal action to block its release.

The group, which revolves around sole original member Axl Rose (news), will return to the live stage May 30 at the Rock in Rio-Lisbon festival in Lisbon, Portugal. It will be GNR's first live appearance since a disastrous 2002 comeback tour, which was canceled with 13 dates remaining.

As for "Chinese Democracy," it is unknown when the album will be released. Bassist Tommy Stinson told Billboard.com last year that finishing touches were being applied to the set before it would be sent off for mixing.

Reuters/Billboard

blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 03:50:52 PM »

I think this whole issue proves the deep rift between Axl and Geffen.

BTW, if Axl does sue, is there a possibility that GN'R will be dropped from Geffen?

And therefore, a possibility that the CD release will probably never happen?

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
V
Headliner

The Fountainhead

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 05:15:52 PM »

I think this whole issue proves the deep rift between Axl and Geffen.

BTW, if Axl does sue, is there a possibility that GN'R will be dropped from Geffen?

And therefore, a possibility that the CD release will probably never happen?

Nope. I'd be more than pleased to distribute the damn thing myself.

Provided it could be possible to find a solution for online piracy.

He. That's the proof online piracy of music is actually very good for record labels.
Oh. And for free speech haters and nazi style control of information, online piracy of music is good too.
Indeed the *only* effective way to prevent piracy is to have total control of information.

Look at DRM... what's next? Encrypting music and have a decoder implanted in your ear?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 05:22:03 PM by V » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: