Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:15:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  what if the fans beat Geffen to the punch
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what if the fans beat Geffen to the punch  (Read 16036 times)
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« on: February 18, 2004, 11:20:33 PM »

what if the fans made a bootleg greatest hits and mass produced and circulated it?

i think, based on the internet fanbase reaction to the GH thus far that there are probably enough fans willing to participate to make an impact...

i mean really.... just a listing on a file sharing program entitled GN'R greatest hits would be multiplied many times over within hours

or a listing on an online auction site....

at the very least it would show our suport for GN'R against the record company

....  i guess it sounds crazy

but we're hardcore GN'R fans...
so what's new?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 11:24:01 PM »

if geffen wants to release a greatest hits they have every single right to do so, we dont have to like it, prince tried every way in the world to stop warner bros from releasing "the very best of prince" but he failed so he posted a message on his website telling us to not buy it cause it was against his wishes and a rip off he said thats the only way we can fight it is to not buy it

also prince didnt see a penny from the greatest hits sales so gnr except for publishing royalties may not even receive any money

i bet slash and co with vr's cd comin out will actually ban together with axl in trying to stop it, that could be the first straw to maybe reconciling the band, they may converse about the lawsuit back in forth and respark with one another

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 11:28:00 PM »

I heard a rumor that Axl , Beta and her sons are in the mansion right now burning thousands of copies of the songs from the greatest hits album and will be sending them to mysteron monday to distribute to the street teams!   Grin

Axl's version will contain a demo of my favorite pillow though.  

Heh.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 11:49:20 PM »

Its a good idea eva.
I just think if axl says here is CD then geffen will drop the GHs.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2004, 12:22:06 AM »

Why I think it's a bad idea is because fans could get in trouble with that: nowadays it's ?ber illegal to share (not to mention sell on eBay) copyrighted stuff. I see your point and the main idea is a good idea but I don't think this is the way to do it. If we are like 50,000 fans doing that, sure, they won't sue everyone but with the fuckin RIAA on their side they just might sue a few of us as an "example".

I think we should just continue to voice our opinions thru message boards and stuff though. Emails work good but the good ol' USPS works pretty good too. If we had a physical address to send our requests too that would be good.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 12:36:47 AM »

the label knows that fans like us won't buy it; they are betting that members of the fickle public will satisfy their need to reminise by picking up this album. Even if we burned a bunch of copies, it wouldn't be a drop in the bucket compared to the number of units that will be shipped out to record stores. If i'm not mistaken, sales are measured in number of units shipped out to the stores and not on actual sales.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 12:37:32 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2004, 02:56:06 AM »

i bet slash and co with vr's cd comin out will actually ban together with axl in trying to stop it, that could be the first straw to maybe reconciling the band, they may converse about the lawsuit back in forth and respark with one another

I hope not - the new band is better

And even so - banding together??? VR personel have nothing but to gain from this
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 02:58:06 AM by KeVoRkIaN » Logged

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2004, 03:01:06 AM »

the label knows that fans like us won't buy it; they are betting that members of the fickle public will satisfy their need to reminise by picking up this album. Even if we burned a bunch of copies, it wouldn't be a drop in the bucket compared to the number of units that will be shipped out to record stores. If i'm not mistaken, sales are measured in number of units shipped out to the stores and not on actual sales.

Yes shipped out - yet considering returns later, less 20% restocking charge.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 03:01:52 AM by KeVoRkIaN » Logged

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2004, 03:09:23 AM »

Plus I already think we already beat geffen to the punch when we all own these songs.
Unless it is a 24 carat or dvd-audio cd - hahah unlikely
we all have this crap already

if not i suggest kazaa.com  hihi

and design your own bullshit CD cover

I can do mine in 5 mins - can anyone beat that time?

i can make my own GH faster than making cup o' soup

« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 03:11:39 AM by KeVoRkIaN » Logged

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2004, 05:59:39 AM »

This could get people in really big trouble.

Plus some will try to make money out of this and it's what we want, is it?

Guns N Ballz
Rocker

Proud Member of the Butch Walker Mafia!

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2004, 08:20:43 AM »

Yeah this doesn't sound like a good idea. With all the RIAA shit going down this would just empty out the message boards.

GOOD POINT: We'd all be able to talk in real life because we'd all be in jail.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2004, 08:37:32 AM »

hey...  i guess i'm jusr a lawless rebel at heart  hihi

with our high profile i guess we'd make a good target

but don't be surprised if something like this happens anyway

PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2004, 10:49:50 AM »

I heard a rumor that Axl , Beta and her sons are in the mansion right now burning thousands of copies of the songs from the greatest hits album and will be sending them to mysteron monday to distribute to the street teams!   Grin

Heh.

If "heh" means "wow, I just posted another version of the incredibly tired 'rumor parody followed by a my favorite pillow reference' joke," then yes - heh is the word.

Funeral
Rocker

Welcome to the neighborhood

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2004, 10:57:12 AM »

hey...  i guess i'm jusr a lawless rebel at heart  hihi

with our high profile i guess we'd make a good target

but don't be surprised if something like this happens anyway

Yeah, you're right.  This is going to happen one way or another.  "Greatest Hits" is going to be a complete flop when it comes to sales.

-F
biddybaby
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2004, 12:48:10 PM »

:)what makes geffen think anyone is going to buy the greatist hits most gnr fans already have all those songs
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2004, 02:29:55 PM »

Heh.

If "heh" means "wow, I just posted another version of the incredibly tired 'rumor parody followed by a my favorite pillow reference' joke," then yes - heh is the word.

Heh! Although I thought "soon" was the word. *shrug* Oh well , someone had to make the MFP joke. It can never die. I'll even send one to you Peter , my favorite pillow is a fluffy pink one with frilly lace. Dreamy.

Anyways , when the GH's album comes out I will be buying at least ten copies or more. I would hope everyone else does too. What kinda GNR fan would you be if you dont buy it? For shame. We dont even know for fact that Axl doesnt want to see it released. Hell , axl could be behind this album for all we know.

Where did you asll get the idea axl doesnt want the album to happen anyways? Is Chris Pittman sending everyone MSN messages again?

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2004, 05:10:24 PM »

i have no idea where all this "axl is against GH, we must protest!" stuff came up other then like 2 articles. does anyone really wonder if there could be a secret message in the GH booklet like "CD will drop on x/xx/xx?"i guess that cant happen since all the cheap ass artwork and such is already finalized peace

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2004, 05:43:27 PM »

Its getting old reading people complain about the GH.  I mean how bad of thing could it be??  Obviously Axl isn't behind it, so who cares?  If Axl was trying to push this out it would be one thing, but the record company is doing it.  Its not the end of the world.  "Oh my fucking god, GNR's GH is coming out, that means GNR is over."  What the fuck?  Have a little faith in you're favorite band for once.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2004, 12:35:14 AM »

umm it wouldnt be illegal to sell if we sold them as backup copies!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: