Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:28:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver Load new CD - Rollingstone
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver Load new CD - Rollingstone  (Read 4376 times)
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« on: February 19, 2004, 05:28:53 PM »

Velvet Revolver will release their debut album, Contraband, on May 18th, preceded by a new single, "Slither," which will make its way to radio late next month.
The hard-rocking supergroup features former Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland backed by former Guns n' Roses members, guitarist Slash, bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Matt Sorum. Guitarist Dave Kushner rounds out the lineup.

"As a whole, the album is a true representation of the best aspects of STP's music, and the best aspects of Guns n' Roses, when they were at their best," Weiland told Rolling Stone late last year, "vicious, streamlined, living off strippers, and their music was great. It's a perfect marriage between the two."

Among Contraband's songs, McKagan called "Fall to Pieces" "an arena rocker," and Weiland said of "Slither," "[it's] a dark, prodding heavy one that definitely has an old STP vibe to it." "Sucker Train Blues," "Super Human," "You Got No Right," "Set Me Free" and "Headspace" are among the other ten songs to make the record from a pool of more than fifty. The group co-produced the set with Josh Abraham (Limp Bizkit, Staind). "It's an album," McKagan said. "It's twelve songs. It's not a single with eleven fillers. It's a journey."

Velvet Revolver are planning a full touring schedule for 2004, though no dates have been confirmed yet.

ANDREW DANSBY and STEVE BALTIN
(February 19, 2004)

I'm glad SMF is on there but I wish Money was in its place... Oh well, maybe it'll be on an import of Contraband.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 05:33:49 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: