Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:57:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Interview with vr\ axl mention
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interview with vr\ axl mention  (Read 19202 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« on: February 20, 2004, 05:18:10 AM »

FL?YELSREVOLVER: Duff McKagan (t.v.), Slash og Matt Sorum fra Guns N'Roses er samlet igjen i Velvet Revolver, og h?per ? komme til Norge i l?pet av sommeren. - Ubegripelig deilig ? vite at vi snart skal p? veien igjen, sier Slash til Dagbladet.Foto: Tommy Fossum

Firestarter:: Axl rose stand oot as the incarnation itself of the rockmyth with a  police record with all elments of sex, drugs and rocknroll.

Les artikkelen senere
    Utskriftsvennlig versjon
    Tips en venn om saken!

Slash han?s spoken with axl since he got fired from gnr. But has a new band with the other boys from gnr.                            
TOMMY FOSSUM
Tirsdag 17. februar 2004 5:54,
oppdatert 7:53
LOS ANGELES while the scandalerocker axl rose strugling with collecting new misicans under gnr-wings to a planned concert in Lisboa 30 mai, is the rest of the musicans pleased that they no longer need to relate to him.                                
Duff: the last years in gnr was directly painful.bla bla hes embarrassed that they cancelled a concert in Oslo(Norway) 1991.                                                                          
Matt: yes and it was even in my homecountrie. Oh help me, I felt so bad when we couln?dt hit the stage because axl found it for good to be longer in Paris.
Many had travelled far to see us. You don?t do that to your fans.
Out on the road:
Matt and duff are back with legendary gnr- guitarist Slash in the new band velvet revolver. + scott dave and dave narraos. From bla bla bla

There are high expetations to the debut album that comes in mai.
It is very good to be together again. It started with a jam end ende up with a record with rockn?roll based on the oldscool with scott?s crasy angle. He is both Iggy pop, david bowie, jonhny rotten and mick jagger in same body says slash.-
 He is the first to admit it?s been greay with a break from the rockworld..
It has been health for us to do other things in our life. But i cannot sit around anymore. I need to go out playing, says Slash when he gets his breakfast; a half lite Guiness, in on of his Bungalows at the legendary rockn?nroll hotel in Hollywood. Chateau Marmont.
-   Det har v?rt sunt for oss ? gj?re andre ting i livet v?rt. Men n? greier jeg ikke ? sitte stille lenger. Jeg m? ut ? spille, sier Slash, idet han f?r frokosten sin, en halvliter Guinness, i en av bungalowene p? det legendariske rock'n'roll-hotellet i Hollywood, Chateau Marmont.
-   
Sending christmascard

Slash  don?t look to have changed a lot since he topped the hitlists, but this he rejects
I have married, we expectin our second child and living a normal life her in LA. Many think we are loaded with money, but Axl burnt more than gnr ever earned  -

-   Have you any contact with Axl?
-   
-   No i haven?t spiken to him since i was forced out of the band. I was so pissed then. I?m just a guy that  don?t  give up.
-    - But my wife send him chrostmascards. She hasn?t even met him, but she just wants to be kind, tells Slash.
 Sorum or McKagan haven?t contact with Rose either.
- I think he is a bitter man. I only hope he finds a kind of happiness in (or with) his life., says McKagan.
Got back the Huh oposite to nose in the sky maybe (norway)
Slash, McKagan and Sorum are glad for the brak in the rocklife the last years.
 -We lived in our own aquarium, where we swimmed around and did whatever we wanted. No we have in many ways taken our lifes back, says Sorum and gets full backup from Slash and McKagan.  
-I?m glad we have shaken of the enourmos ego we had in the gnr era, I think we have gotten back the opposite to nose-in-the sky attitude. (my english sucks), says McKagan.
The scandalrelated bassist has become a father and have studied on university the last years.

-   we needed these years separate for us to get together again. This band has become a kind of salvation for all of us, Says Sorum, that hopes VR plays in Norway during the summer. It will guarantied not be a repeat of gnr?s fiasco visit in 1991
-   This is a band with workingmoral, assures Sorum.-
-    3. mai comes the first single to Norway. The albume ?Contraband? comes 24. mai.

source= dagbladet 17 feb.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 05:28:00 AM »

sorry I understand English probably isnt your first language and in no way am I trying to insult you but is there a way to get a better translation of this interview,

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
kockstar99
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 05:54:05 AM »

i could understand it.... slash, matt, duff admit that there egos were out of control during the GnR days... Isnt that one of the things Axl said in his statement before hong kong that he hated about them?? kinda funny coz they all have giant egos....thanks for posting that btw...kinda hard to follow but cool none the less.. peace
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 05:55:49 AM »

you can find the whole thing translated in the ex-gunners section...

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
kockstar99
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 06:09:27 AM »

you can find the whole thing translated in the ex-gunners section...

thanks.... beer
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 08:53:37 AM »

I think he is a bitter man. I only hope he finds a kind of happiness in (or with) his life., says McKagan.

he should go fuck himself and his fuckin wife.that stupid dickhead

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2004, 08:59:23 AM »

I think he is a bitter man. I only hope he finds a kind of happiness in (or with) his life., says McKagan.

he should go fuck himself and his fuckin wife.that stupid dickhead

hihi

Dont you think its weird for you to take a comment such as that so personally?

Truth hurts...I dont see how anybody could even argue that Axl isnt bitter, but Duffs sentiment is actually positive.  Hes wishing the guy luck, and its safe to say hes only being sincere.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 09:03:51 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2004, 09:03:29 AM »

Yeah, go fuck your own wife Duff. That's tellin him Brownstone.  rofl

@#$%Muther
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2004, 09:10:13 AM »

easy Brownstone..was it such a bad thing to say.. Huh in a certain way Duff is right about that.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2004, 09:15:35 AM »

Well, it's not like Axl doesn't have any problems, but I think saying he's a bitter and unhappy guy is going a bit far considering Duff hasn't seen him for years  no

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2004, 09:26:29 AM »

Pandora

read some GNR articles, find out some interesting info, learn to know a little bit about Axl and ex-members, all these fights, all these legal issues, all these women issues, all these quotes made by Axl through the years...and then come to tell us, wether you see a little bit bitterness in Axl or not. I think you are not entirely understand what you are saying here..  
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2004, 10:37:31 AM »

oh my god! the singles doesnt come to norway before 3 may?!? isnt it sposed to be released in march in the states?!?? that is bullshit... thank god i have internet  hihi

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2004, 10:58:53 AM »

Pandora

read some GNR articles, find out some interesting info, learn to know a little bit about Axl and ex-members, all these fights, all these legal issues, all these women issues, all these quotes made by Axl through the years...and then come to tell us, wether you see a little bit bitterness in Axl or not. I think you are not entirely understand what you are saying here..  

Duh, I've been a fan of the band for 12 years, and I've probably read more articles than you (literally hundreds) , so please don't come tell me to study Axl's personality  Roll Eyes
Having psychological problems certainly does not equal being bitter or totally unhappy (or even being completely lonely, as Matt stated in an interview). You should study psychology a little more than that  Tongue
Besides, most of the issues you are bringing up are 10 years old or more. As I said, Duff (like us) doesn't know what's been going on in Axl's life for the last few years. For all we know, Axl could be happily married and have two kids by now (I know, it's highly unlikely, but you see my point  Grin )

John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2004, 12:34:54 PM »

well if you think that Duff was wrong with his opinion and you don't see any bitterness in Axl..that's fine..I respect your opinion...but last 5 years don't heal the old wounds just like that, and I don't see any signs from Axl's behaviour that the wounds would have healed.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2004, 02:28:48 PM »

Pandora

Duh, I've been a fan of the band for 12 years, and I've probably read more articles than you (literally hundreds) , so please don't come tell me to study Axl's personality  Roll Eyes
Having psychological problems certainly does not equal being bitter or totally unhappy (or even being completely lonely, as Matt stated in an interview). You should study psychology a little more than that  Tongue
Besides, most of the issues you are bringing up are 10 years old or more. As I said, Duff (like us) doesn't know what's been going on in Axl's life for the last few years. For all we know, Axl could be happily married and have two kids by now (I know, it's highly unlikely, but you see my point  Grin )

confused

Well, its safe to say that when Axl tells thousands of fans that his former friends can "suck his fuckin dick," Duffs point is pretty valid.

Or we could continue along your path of logic and just ignore that...
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2004, 02:48:50 PM »

And he slagged off on Izzy an awful lot on the last tour. Why?
About his drug use and all that (Now axl is anti drug, or whatever- but back then, none of them was a saint in that regard)

And what's really strange, when he ridiculed izzy's playing, is he was obviously talking about the pre-UYI days mostly, because izzy didn't play a whole lot of UYI shows.

I don't remember him talking a lot of shit about izzy touring for UYI after izzy left for good. I could be wrong on this, maybe he did.
But it's wierd that he would go all out over the guy on the latest tour when this was supposed to be a new beginning for him, Appetite setlist in the same order every night and all...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2004, 05:39:04 PM »

confused

Well, its safe to say that when Axl tells thousands of fans that his former friends can "suck his fuckin dick," Duffs point is pretty valid.

Or we could continue along your path of logic and just ignore that...

Well, I never said he was happy about what went down with the band. Who would be?  confused  I guess he would have preferred things to work out with the ex-members. And the same goes for Slash and Duff. They probably haven't gotten over it totally, since it was such a huge part of their life. And the more they talk about Axl in a negative light, the more it looks like they are the bitter ones and that they haven't moved on.
But those are normal feelings, it doesn't mean that you're bitter about everything and you don't enjoy life at all.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2004, 06:09:45 PM »

And the more they talk about Axl in a negative light, the more it looks like they are the bitter ones and that they haven't moved on.

So Axl says "They can suck my fuckin dick," obviously bitter...Duff says "I wish he finds some happiness" and hes the bitter one?

ok Lets just keep on ignoring common sense, as long as were "protecting" Axl.

And I really dont think we should start comparisons in terms of "moving on"...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 06:11:24 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2004, 06:21:48 PM »

I don't remember him talking a lot of shit about izzy touring for UYI after izzy left for good. I could be wrong on this, maybe he did.
But it's wierd that he would go all out over the guy on the latest tour when this was supposed to be a new beginning for him,

axl did infact have a somehwat negative attitude towards izzy frequently on the UYI tour after izzy left for good. the perfect example of this is at the Tokyo Dome show just before the band breaks into Bad Obsession axl says something along the lines of "we wrote this song before Mr.Brownstone, with a friend of ours Wes Arkeen, and another guy, gee his name escapes me at the moment.....(chuckles). Izzy is listed in the UYI 1 cd booklet as the co-writer of Bad Obsession along with Wes Arkeen Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2004, 08:35:27 PM »

oh my god! the singles doesnt come to norway before 3 may?!? isnt it sposed to be released in march in the states?!?? that is bullshit... thank god i have internet  hihi

no no, they start playing it on the radio in the end of March!
don't think it will be out any later here than in the states.
but it looks like we'll get the album a whole week late because of 17. mai! that SUCKS!!!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: