Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:08:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227806 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Greatest Hits, Greatest Flop
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greatest Hits, Greatest Flop  (Read 9259 times)
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« on: February 20, 2004, 08:47:06 AM »

well really by looking at the angry post here I seriously think Universal need to re-think this why dont they do what other bands do on Greatest Hits stick a couple of new songs on there but whats that gonna do any way frankly this sucks no one cares about the greatest hits.

I think Universal thought because the DVD's sold well they think this is gonna sell well which is to be seen in the near future its all to do with money people. But we say we know stuff on this album Chinese Democracy when we know nothing because there managment sucks.

It's hard life being a GN'R fan lol.

EEEERRRR Little boy
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 10:29:42 AM »

im sorry, you think just the people at the boards know GNR? i think alot of people will buy it....

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 10:56:19 AM »

I didn't say that people on this board knows GN'R I said that we know nothing about whats next about this album.

EEEERRRR Little boy
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 05:14:11 PM »

I believe this album will do surprisingly well. I'm pretty sure hardcore GNR fans won't buy it, but the casual fan probably will pick it up, esp. people who were younger when GNR hit and want to relive their glory days hihi
Just look at how well the DVDs have done.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 05:49:27 PM »

well really by looking at the angry post here I seriously think Universal need to re-think this why dont they do what other bands do on Greatest Hits stick a couple of new songs on there but whats that gonna do any way frankly this sucks no one cares about the greatest hits.

I think Universal thought because the DVD's sold well they think this is gonna sell well which is to be seen in the near future its all to do with money people. But we say we know stuff on this album Chinese Democracy when we know nothing because there managment sucks.

I can understand the ideology that Universal want to show the young 'uns of today what gnr were about, especially prior to the new releases by VR and gnr (assumingly)

But I'm an oldie that likes to see a record company respect the wishes of the artist and it's fans, and that to me is more important.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 06:04:41 PM »

i dont think "flop" is the best word to describe GH. I actually think it'll sell fairly decent and better then Live Era actaully. For one, I as well as numerous people im sure arn't crazy about the average live album these days, in fact i prefer GH albums over a Live release since if im just getting into a band, and they have an extensive catalogue i can get the jist of their best known material. there are infact more GnR fans outside of the web then most of us presume, some of which are indirectly still waiting for CD, and who just one day see a GH album on shelves might in fact purchase it presuming its a sign of good news on the way... peace

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2004, 06:04:56 PM »

How can they (universal) not see that the track listing for GH stinks..........that is not greatest hits.....it only show half of great guns n' roses tunes.....if not so regular fans pick this cd up thinking its greatest hits......they wont get the full bang of the bands music............    get wat im saying.  

I've not read through all the posts, but maybe reissuing singles could have been an alternative, or maybe releasing a box set of singles....something like that
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2004, 06:48:53 PM »

I can understand the ideology that Universal want to show the young 'uns of today what gnr were about, especially prior to the new releases by VR and gnr (assumingly)

But I'm an oldie that likes to see a record company respect the wishes of the artist and it's fans, and that to me is more important.
If they want young people to get into GN'R then they should release a GH with GN'R's Greatest Hits.  Not some shitty tracklisting with about 50% covers.  And maybe fill up the CD.  Come on, there's 70 minutes of space on those shiney round discs...

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2004, 06:06:30 AM »

Well if there greatest hits arnt on there...what songs do U want on it??? peace
All there hits are on it apart from Estranges which was an awesome vid but not a bit hit.. ok

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: