Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:55:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AFD-Edited Version
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: AFD-Edited Version  (Read 21601 times)
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2004, 08:12:53 PM »

To give an answer about editing, I think it's all up to the record label what words get dropped.  My first GNR album was an edited copy of Live Era (I was 15 at the time, and my parents had used fuck, shit, etc. around me my whole life, but didnt think i should hear it on an album... fuckin' hypocrites).  The cut out words included fuck (numerous songs), "drink and drive" (ISE), cocaine (YCBM), heroin (My Michelle), and "hari kiri" (Estranged).  Just seems a bit asinine to cut these while leaving words like shit and bitch.  Frankly, I'd rather hear my as-yet nonexistant kid talking about cocaine than about "some bitch."  Hearing the word cocaine isn't going to make someone go out and do blow.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 08:15:39 PM by Duffman23235 » Logged

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2004, 08:30:34 PM »

To give an answer about editing, I think it's all up to the record label what words get dropped.  My first GNR album was an edited copy of Live Era (I was 15 at the time, and my parents had used fuck, shit, etc. around me my whole life, but didnt think i should hear it on an album... fuckin' hypocrites).  The cut out words included fuck (numerous songs), "drink and drive" (ISE), cocaine (YCBM), heroin (My Michelle), and "hari kiri" (Estranged).  Just seems a bit asinine to cut these while leaving words like shit and bitch.  Frankly, I'd rather hear my as-yet nonexistant kid talking about cocaine than about "some bitch."  Hearing the word cocaine isn't going to make someone go out and do blow.

It's tough being a parent bro. I am a hypocrite. I drop bad words all the time. Try not to in front of my kids. I realize now that cussing alot kind of (in my opinion-don't everybody get in a huff) makes a person look bad. I'm trying not to cuss as much as I used to. I tell my kids that cussing makes somebody look bad, and I do, and like any bad habit it's tough to break.

If I buy them albums (at a younger age) that have lots of cussing and talk of drug, sex..whatever...then in a sense is condoning that behavior. I know, I know, everybody is going to say "Oh no it's not, it's just a song." But when you have kids around it's different.

It's like my dad smoking and telling me he wish I didn't smoke when I was a kid. Yea he's a hypocrite, but he's really wants what's best for me. In that case he didn't want me to smoke.

Sure everybody cusses, and does this and that. But plenty of people change and all of a sudden don't want those things for their children. EVEN THOUGH it was perfectly ok for them up until that point. Many people improve themselves because of their children.

Again it's all up to the parent what gets them in a huff. and what they permit the kid to see/hear thing is better than a neglected child. I've seen people grow up without attention, parents let them do whatever, say whatever...basically didn't care. And those kids were fucked up imho.

Dizzy
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2004, 08:51:53 PM »

You missed my point. I am not going to hand my niece an album that my brother and his wife would not buy for the kid themselves.

No no no, I got your point the first time.  My point was that no matter why you bought the edited version, you'd be supporting censorship.

Buying something that is edited is not censorship.

The act of buying it isn't censorship, and I didn't say it was.  I said it was supporting censorship.

The edited version is censored.  By buying the censored version, you're adding another sold copy to the credit of the censored version.  That only encourages record companies to release censored versions, even if they're released alongside complete versions.

then don't ever watch a rated "R" movie that has been edited for tv.

I don't.
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2004, 09:03:41 PM »

On the AFD edited cd's does it say on the cover or somethin that it's an edited version?

Yes it should have a sticker on the price tag that says edited or clean version
SlashFan
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2004, 11:36:36 PM »

It's tough being a parent bro. I am a hypocrite. I drop bad words all the time. Try not to in front of my kids. I realize now that cussing alot kind of (in my opinion-don't everybody get in a huff) makes a person look bad. I'm trying not to cuss as much as I used to. I tell my kids that cussing makes somebody look bad, and I do, and like any bad habit it's tough to break.

If I buy them albums (at a younger age) that have lots of cussing and talk of drug, sex..whatever...then in a sense is condoning that behavior. I know, I know, everybody is going to say "Oh no it's not, it's just a song." But when you have kids around it's different.

It's like my dad smoking and telling me he wish I didn't smoke when I was a kid. Yea he's a hypocrite, but he's really wants what's best for me. In that case he didn't want me to smoke.

Sure everybody cusses, and does this and that. But plenty of people change and all of a sudden don't want those things for their children. EVEN THOUGH it was perfectly ok for them up until that point. Many people improve themselves because of their children.

Again it's all up to the parent what gets them in a huff. and what they permit the kid to see/hear thing is better than a neglected child. I've seen people grow up without attention, parents let them do whatever, say whatever...basically didn't care. And those kids were fucked up imho.

I don't have kids,but my sisters do.I don't cuss around them.I listen to uncensored stuff all of the time,but I never do when kids are around.

My parents were always telling me not to do this and not to do that,but ofcourse I did what they didn't want me to do. peace
warrel
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2004, 03:11:49 AM »

I always thought the edited version just did not have the "Appetite for Destruction/Rape scene" in the booklet...
SlashFan
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2004, 03:20:54 AM »

I always thought the edited version just did not have the "Appetite for Destruction/Rape scene" in the booklet...

It has almost all of the cuss words taken out,it really suck,I've heard it.I guess it would be ok for some people smoking
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: