Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:38:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Sweep tapping
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sweep tapping  (Read 5878 times)
theblues
Bad Brad
VIP

Jason Becker rules

« on: February 26, 2004, 10:23:47 AM »

Does anyone have any tips on getting the hang of sweep tapping?  I can sweep 3, 4, 5, and 6 string arpeggios but Im having trouble adding taps in them.

God gave us great music - Thanks to GnR that is
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 06:38:31 PM »

What is sweep tapping?  Do you sweep with the pick and add pick hand taps in the middle or something?  Huh

I don't know what it is, but i'll give you the advice you've already heard three million times; start slow, with a metronome on about 60 bpm, then gradually speed up Wink

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
theblues
Bad Brad
VIP

Jason Becker rules

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 12:26:12 PM »

What is sweep tapping?  Do you sweep with the pick and add pick hand taps in the middle or something?  Huh

I don't know what it is, but i'll give you the advice you've already heard three million times; start slow, with a metronome on about 60 bpm, then gradually speed up Wink

haha thanks man....

Sweep tapping is just sweeping an arpeggio up for example and tapping the last note. Wink

God gave us great music - Thanks to GnR that is
Pviljoen
VIP

Slash is saucy.

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 03:28:39 AM »

Why would you ask that on a forum of a music site that basically worships blues guitar, not cock rock rubbish that has been banished to the dark corners of the music scene?

Go ask at a place like www.guitarbattle.com - there are fantastic shredders there who could answer that questions. The only time I've ever seen sweep tapping was Vai at G3 or perhaps a Michael angelo video.

Basically you sweep, and tap at the top of the arpeggio (therefore only on the last string).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: