Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:13:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CHINESE DEMOCRACY maxxed out??
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: CHINESE DEMOCRACY maxxed out??  (Read 10644 times)
Siliconmessiah
« on: March 03, 2004, 04:26:26 PM »

I have started to look at things in a new way.

We have an album that never have seen the light of day.
With artists like:

Brian May, Buckethead, Shaq. O?Neill, Zakk Wylde, Navarro. And certainly MORE, MORE people.

This is something NEVER done in music-history. But it?s pretty hard to make these guys to come on "live".
Therefore, it?s very hard to get a band.
Does anyone get it.

This is a special album coming out...believe me.

/
Sil
Andrew
Ewok
VIP

Art Student

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 04:44:43 PM »

I dont think i do "get it", but i think the album will only have the current members on it, the people mentioned may have popped into the studio or written some material, but there won`t be any of them playing on the album.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 05:02:17 PM »

The thing is, all of those people have worked with Axl during recording sessions for the album, but who knows how much will actually be used?  For all we know, he could have scrapped almost everything before 2000 and focused on writing with only the new band.  Nobody knows...

I agree that it will be a special album though..
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 05:40:23 PM »

Remember we heard Moby worked on the album as well

EEEERRRR Little boy
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 08:45:53 PM »

Couldn't disagree more. First, I doubt the album will ever be released, & if by some miracle it is, I believe it will tank. No one, save for a few fanatics, gives a shit about Axl anymore, & the "new" songs we've heard, the ones that are about as "new" as Cochise, Like a Stone, No One Knows, Go With The Flow, Low, One by One, etc...(does anyone consider them "new" songs? I don't) are hardly, I said hardly, anything special.

Face it, Axl lovers. He just doesn't have it.
SlashFan
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 11:35:36 PM »

Couldn't disagree more. First, I doubt the album will ever be released, & if by some miracle it is, I believe it will tank. No one, save for a few fanatics, gives a shit about Axl anymore, & the "new" songs we've heard, the ones that are about as "new" as Cochise, Like a Stone, No One Knows, Go With The Flow, Low, One by One, etc...(does anyone consider them "new" songs? I don't) are hardly, I said hardly, anything special.

I think Axl still has it,so I hope the album comes out soon.Did everyone think that Axl may have decided to give the album a different name? Huh
Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2004, 12:03:40 AM »

First, I doubt the album will ever be released, & if by some miracle it is, I believe it will tank.
You have got to be shitting me, right?  Believe it will tank?  WTF is going through your head??  WHEN this album is released it will blow the roof off the fucking building.  Just look at the few musicians who have commented on the album.  Brian May and Zakk Wylde are both extremely talented musicians and have a lot of credibility.  They both had nothing but good things to say about it.  Just from their opinion, I know it will be an awesome cd.    

No one, save for a few fanatics, gives a shit about Axl anymore
A lot of people give a "shit" about Axl and his band.  How about MTV for example.  And the millions of people who come to this message board who do give a "shit" about Axl.  They come here because they are still interested in him and the band and want to show that they still think he is awesome.  

& the "new" songs we've heard, the ones that are about as "new" as Cochise, Like a Stone, No One Knows, Go With The Flow, Low, One by One, etc...(does anyone consider them "new" songs? I don't) are hardly, I said hardly, anything special.
The new songs that we have heard are nothing short of incredible.  I am going to go out on a limb and say that you are not a music expert.  Either am I, but I know good music when I hear it.  If you listen to the songs lyrically and musically, you will be blown away.  And compare them to any band on the market right now.  Who is better?  I know the answer, do you?  

He still has "it" and he still has a lot of "it" left.  
SlashFan
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2004, 12:13:02 AM »

First, I doubt the album will ever be released, & if by some miracle it is, I believe it will tank.
You have got to be shitting me, right?  Believe it will tank?  WTF is going through your head??  WHEN this album is released it will blow the roof off the fucking building.  Just look at the few musicians who have commented on the album.  Brian May and Zakk Wylde are both extremely talented musicians and have a lot of credibility.  They both had nothing but good things to say about it.  Just from their opinion, I know it will be an awesome cd.    

A lot of people give a "shit" about Axl and his band.  How about MTV for example.  And the millions of people who come to this message board who do give a "shit" about Axl.  They come here because they are still interested in him and the band and want to show that they still think he is awesome.  

& the "new" songs we've heard, the ones that are about as "new" as Cochise, Like a Stone, No One Knows, Go With The Flow, Low, One by One, etc...(does anyone consider them "new" songs? I don't) are hardly, I said hardly, anything special.
The new songs that we have heard are nothing short of incredible.  I am going to go out on a limb and say that you are not a music expert.  Either am I, but I know good music when I hear it.  If you listen to the songs lyrically and musically, you will be blown away.  And compare them to any band on the market right now.  Who is better?  I know the answer, do you?  

Now that was a good reply.I agree with it 100% yes
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2004, 01:00:28 AM »

"A lot of people give a "shit" about Axl and his band.  How about MTV for example. "

i think that's a really good point. i think the material on the album will be as strong as anything else out there, and you have to know MTV will play the videos. Axl certainly isn't afraid to dump money into a cool ass video (UYI videos), and i also thought the LiveEra WTTJ video was great and very smartly done.
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2004, 01:32:38 AM »

Jesus, where do I even start. First off, when are you Axl fanatics going to stop hanging on to what Brian May, Zakk Wild, Moby, & whoever else said years ago as if it was some sort of gospel, & had any relevance today? Yea, based on what I've heard, the new songs are nothing special.  Chinese Democracy could have been written by any 2nd or 3rd year guitar player - there's nothing at all complex or deep about it - just an E chord, to a G, to an A, repeat, just like ACDC's TNT, Filter's Hey Man Nice Shot, and about a billion other rock songs. Madagascar is another 3 chord wonder - Aminor to G to F, back to G, Back to F, repeat ad nauseum. Big fuckin deal, they add some sound clips of MLK, all of a sudden it's sooo deep & complex, & meaningful. What a load of crap. The Blues, which is a pretty decent tune,took me all of 5 minutes to learn on guitar, including the piano intro, which is really just a variation on a B chord - it sounds good, but it's really simple & easy to play. If this is the best these so called virtuosos can come up with, I'd be really dissapointed because I believe they can do better. I'm not saying that a song has to be complex or difficult to play to be good, I'm just responding to the widely held misconception on this board that these songs are complex & difficult, & showcases for this band's supposed enormous talent.

What makes you think MTV gives a shit about GnR any more than they care about, oh, anyone? Are you one of those people who clings to the ridiculous notion that because GnR closed the VMAs what, 2 years ago, that they are somehow enamoured with GnR? Yea, right. And did you really say millions of people(that means at least 2 million) visit this site? Are you really that out of touch with reality?

Off the top of my head, without even thinking, I can name 10 bands/Artists who I think are better than this new GnR. (Springsteen, Queensryche, RHCP, Steve Vai Band(if you think GnR is more talented than Steve Vai, Tony McAlpine, Billy Sheehan & Gregg Bissonette you're really showing your musical ignorance), Pearl Jam, Weezer, Iron Maiden, Radiohead, Phish, Moe, Widespread Panic, Dream Theater, Rush, Wilco(just saw I Am Trying to Break Your Heart, great doc), Foo Fighters, QOTSA(even though Nick Olivieri just got booted), Masters of Reality, Bela Fleck & the Flecktones, Kings X, Foo Fighters, Brian Setzer Orchestra(& trio). I could go on & on. These are bands who actually record albums & then tour - a concept which seems totally foreign to the new GnR. Some of the above mentioned bands have overcome ENORMOUS obstacles & have succeeded in spite of them - they are the bands who get my support, & the benefit of the doubt, not mr sorry assed never get his shit together so now the label is releasing Greastest Hits Rose.

I stand by my Axl doesn't have it statement. If he had anything left at all, the label would not feel the need to release GH.

Your probably one of those people who thinks there's really 3 albums, that Axl has some sort of master plan, that he's a "genius", that somehow he's really a "victim" in this GH saga, that he's really the only one responsable for Old GnRs success, that he's really fuckin smart because Zakk Wylde said so, on & on, & on. You keep believing whatever you want to, you & I have much different standards as to what constitutes greatness. It's NOT potential, it's actually doing something with that potential, something Axl & new GnR have completely & utterly failed to do. Keep waiting, I have more worthy bands to support, & maybe, someday you'll come to the same conclusion I did. That it's not gonna happen for Axl.

your pal,
providman

SlashFan
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2004, 01:45:41 AM »

Jesus, where do I even start. First off, when are you Axl fanatics going to stop hanging on to what Brian May, Zakk Wild, Moby, & whoever else said years ago as if it was some sort of gospel, & had any relevance today? Yea, based on what I've heard, the new songs are nothing special.  Chinese Democracy could have been written by any 2nd or 3rd year guitar player - there's nothing at all complex or deep about it - just an E chord, to a G, to an A, repeat, just like ACDC's TNT, Filter's Hey Man Nice Shot, and about a billion other rock songs. Madagascar is another 3 chord wonder - Aminor to G to F, back to G, Back to F, repeat ad nauseum. Big fuckin deal, they add some sound clips of MLK, all of a sudden it's sooo deep & complex, & meaningful. What a load of crap. The Blues, which is a pretty decent tune,took me all of 5 minutes to learn on guitar, including the piano intro, which is really just a variation on a B chord - it sounds good, but it's really simple & easy to play. If this is the best these so called virtuosos can come up with, I'd be really dissapointed because I believe they can do better. I'm not saying that a song has to be complex or difficult to play to be good, I'm just responding to the widely held misconception on this board that these songs are complex & difficult, & showcases for this band's supposed enormous talent.

What makes you think MTV gives a shit about GnR any more than they care about, oh, anyone? Are you one of those people who clings to the ridiculous notion that because GnR closed the VMAs what, 2 years ago, that they are somehow enamoured with GnR? Yea, right. And did you really say millions of people(that means at least 2 million) visit this site? Are you really that out of touch with reality?

Off the top of my head, without even thinking, I can name 10 bands/Artists who I think are better than this new GnR. (Springsteen, Queensryche, RHCP, Steve Vai Band(if you think GnR is more talented than Steve Vai, Tony McAlpine, Billy Sheehan & Gregg Bissonette you're really showing your musical ignorance), Pearl Jam, Weezer, Iron Maiden, Radiohead, Phish, Moe, Widespread Panic, Dream Theater, Rush, Wilco(just saw I Am Trying to Break Your Heart, great doc), Foo Fighters, QOTSA(even though Nick Olivieri just got booted), Masters of Reality, Bela Fleck & the Flecktones, Kings X, Foo Fighters, Brian Setzer Orchestra(& trio). I could go on & on. These are bands who actually record albums & then tour - a concept which seems totally foreign to the new GnR. Some of the above mentioned bands have overcome ENORMOUS obstacles & have succeeded in spite of them - they are the bands who get my support, & the benefit of the doubt, not mr sorry assed never get his shit together so now the label is releasing Greastest Hits Rose.

I stand by my Axl doesn't have it statement. If he had anything left at all, the label would not feel the need to release GH.

Your probably one of those people who thinks there's really 3 albums, that Axl has some sort of master plan, that he's a "genius", that somehow he's really a "victim" in this GH saga, that he's really the only one responsable for Old GnRs success, that he's really fuckin smart because Zakk Wylde said so, on & on, & on. You keep believing whatever you want to, you & I have much different standards as to what constitutes greatness. It's NOT potential, it's actually doing something with that potential, something Axl & new GnR have completely & utterly failed to do. Keep waiting, I have more worthy bands to support, & maybe, someday you'll come to the same conclusion I did. That it's not gonna happen for Axl.

your pal,
providman

You are a very bitter person,I feel bad for you.Like anyone really care how easy it is to play the songs.I am a musician and I can play them to,but you don't see me saying bad thing about them.I think that you just want attention from everyone on this board and so I am from now on going to ignore this stupid shit that you posted. Angry
« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 01:47:46 AM by Slash Rose » Logged
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2004, 02:08:39 AM »

I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. Just because i don't drink the Kool-Ade like you doesn't mean I'm bitter.

Do me a favor & don't reply to my posts unless you have something substantive to say.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2004, 05:22:35 AM »

I think Axl still has it,so I hope the album comes out soon.Did everyone think that Axl may have decided to give the album a different name? Huh

yeah, I think he's gonna go with the "Greatest Hits" name... hihi

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
chas
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2004, 05:30:42 AM »

your pal,
providman

Your probably a Slash fan who's very bitter .

Your right when saying that Brian May or Zakk's opinions on CD years ago could have no relevance on todays state of the album, but hell if made to choose i give their opinions more credibility than yours, they heard some new songs (even though it was years ago) and you haven't. Agreed?

You also show your ignorance by dissing songs because they only have a couple of chords. Some of the greatest songs ever written are incredibly simple, Sweet child o mine is voted in many polls as the greatest solo/riff. How many chords does the intro to SCOM have genius?

Yes, the fact that GnR played the VMA DOES show that MTV are 'enamoured' with GnR. How many bands could close the VMA's after being 10 years out of the limelight, with no new material and an erratic frontman who could not show? I think its pretty impressive and shows that MTV would back GnR IF they released new material. Dont you think so?

You also say Axl doesn't have it. Well he has enough to make you come and post on this board about GnR, your opinions on Axl, his future plans (or lack of them). If you are a 'hater', i think GnR will get a huge response from general public who dont 'hate' Axl.

Accept Slash's departure and move on mate!!!

Chas   a.k.a Chokes
« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 09:33:07 AM by chas » Logged
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2004, 05:44:52 AM »

And I couldn?t have said it better myself...

Now we have a band, that plays the EVERY SONG originals FAR BETTER than the old band...except patience that is! =)

/
Sil
twitcher
Headliner

path / stream junction

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2004, 06:03:27 AM »

Now we have a band, that plays the EVERY SONG originals FAR BETTER than the old band...except patience that is! =)

/
Sil

Oh dear....just when they were about to move on, you had to touch on that nerve didn't you  hihi
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2004, 06:42:36 AM »

I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. Just because i don't drink the Kool-Ade like you doesn't mean I'm bitter.

Do me a favor & don't reply to my posts unless you have something substantive to say.

you're talking about gn'r or dream theatre or rush??
gn'r best songs have always been quite simple - sweet child, think about you, used to love her, patience, etcc.. - always 3 or 4 chords, as you said "repeated ad nauseum", then there's the riff based songs, like brownstone, rocket queen, etc - where the riffs are also "repeated ad nauseum", and the epics like estrange, coma, or november rain, that are also quite easy to play - yes, tehy are long, and have lots of chord changes, but they're very easy.
and yes, i can say that the whole gn'r catalogue is easy to play, becuase i don't consider myself a guitar hero or virtuoso like you, but i have a gn'r tribute band and i play all the songs and solos note by note, especially because slash only knew one scale. he did great solos, but thety're quite easy to play, and i guess that don't makes them worst solos than "eruption" or something like that.

so i don't know what's the problem of a song like chinese democracy being E-G-A. it was written by a drummer (josh freese), and it's quite the same as "it's so easy".
and madagascar? it's almost like the 2nd part of estranged, that was already a "stairway to heaven" rip-off (the last part).

so i altough i agree with your comment about how a song doesn't have to be complex to be good, since i don't see any diference on gn'r sound or compositions in these new songs, comparing to appetite/illusion's songs, i also don't get your point.

all that the members of this board say, and i believe that you can also say the same being the music expert you seem  to be, is that each member of this band is technically better than the previous line-ups.
so if you can find some bands that you think have better musicians than gn'r right now (although i disagree and even laughed at some of the names you wrote), you could also find a whole lot more of them back in 1987 or 88.
the songs sound the same, they have that gn'r sounding, and the only thing that's left is Axl.
consider "CD" axl's solo record, and compare it to any of the solo records by the ex-members, and the only thing that sounds like gn'r is the current gn'r.

BucketRose
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2004, 07:09:08 AM »

"A lot of people give a "shit" about Axl and his band.  How about MTV for example.  And the millions of people who come to this message board who do give a "shit" about Axl."

Oh my god!!!   Ooooooo my fucking GOD!!  

rofl    rofl    rofl    rofl    rofl    
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2004, 08:29:24 AM »

your pal,
providman

Your probably a Slash fan who's very bitter that his fav guitarist has been replaced by superior musicians.

Your right when saying that Brian May or Zakk's opinions on CD years ago could have no relevance on todays state of the album, but hell if made to choose i give their opinions more credibility than yours, they heard some new songs (even though it was years ago) and you haven't. Agreed?

You also show your ignorance by dissing songs because they only have a couple of chords. Some of the greatest songs ever written are incredibly simple, Sweet child o mine is voted in many polls as the greatest solo/riff. How many chords does the intro to SCOM have genius?

Yes, the fact that GnR played the VMA DOES show that MTV are 'enamoured' with GnR. How many bands could close the VMA's after being 10 years out of the limelight, with no new material and an erratic frontman who could not show? I think its pretty impressive and shows that MTV would back GnR IF they released new material. Dont you think so?

You also say Axl doesn't have it. Well he has enough to make you come and post on this board about GnR, your opinions on Axl, his future plans (or lack of them). If you are a 'hater', i think GnR will get a huge response from general public who dont 'hate' Axl.

Chas   a.k.a Chokes

I can't wait to get my hands on CD - and i believe the new band are brilliant - especially after seeing them in London (Uk)

But please do not say silly things like: 'fav guitarist has been replaced by superior musician.'

That's just disrespectful to the GnR legacy - in which, i for one disagree!
chas
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2004, 09:32:06 AM »

your pal,
providman

Your probably a Slash fan who's very bitter that his fav guitarist has been replaced by superior musicians.

Chas   a.k.a Chokes

I can't wait to get my hands on CD - and i believe the new band are brilliant - especially after seeing them in London (Uk)

But please do not say silly things like: 'fav guitarist has been replaced by superior musician.'

That's just disrespectful to the GnR legacy - in which, i for one disagree!

Yes your right, not only am i disrespecting the GnR legacy but im also betraying my own beliefs. Fact is my fav guitarist is and probably will forever be Slash, but sometimes i like many get carried away and talk out of my ass.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: