Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:46:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227806 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  The Power of the Wah
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Power of the Wah  (Read 4877 times)
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« on: March 04, 2004, 09:44:46 AM »

hey,

this week i bought a jim dunlop 535q wah pedal brand new, $350 Aus. Now when i think of a wah pedal i think of jimi hendrix rocking back and forth on it during the intro to voodoo chile or something. But after doing my own version for a while i started to experiment.

my god the things i can do now that i couldn't before. With the wah pedal you can boost all the treble to make your high pitched bends sound extreeeemely full, harmonics, tapping, everything is made more distinct. it has more uses than just the typical waaaaah noise.

ok this post does seem pretty pointless, but to anyone that is deciding on what to next spend their money on, i suggest a wah pedal, it has changed the way i play and can help you reach tones that normally you just cant.

all the experts here are probably thinking "we know this already" but i just though new guitarists might want to know. i'll shut up now.......

in wah we trust hihi
Bahad
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 11:44:18 AM »

in wah we trust hihi

Lol, that really explains your whole post. Grin Actually I love the play with Wah, gives much more feeling. Trying your guitar weep? use wah ok
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 02:12:22 PM »

Wah is good in moderation, but what you described sounds like what Zakk Wylde and Kirk Hammett do with their wahs, and in my opinion, it sounds like crap.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 06:48:27 PM »

nah i dont use it in the way kirk uses it in lets say the enter the sandman solo. I don't rock back and forth on it, i just keep it at one position to boost a certain frequency..........if i get it in the right position it helps out a lot. But if you move your foot one bit your gonna get that waaaaaaah  crying noise.......which is good but it gets overused. I use the waaaaah pedal in a way that you wouldn't even notice i was using a wah pedal if you get wat i mean.
Sean
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2004, 10:09:16 PM »

i also have the 535Q, great pedal.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: