Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:11:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  advice on Sweet child solo
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: advice on Sweet child solo  (Read 7597 times)
Sean
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: March 04, 2004, 10:19:12 PM »

could someone please give me some adivce on playing the SCOM solo on guitar. im having trouble playing the fast little fill part in the middle of the solo (right before the wah part of the solo). other than that i can play it, its just that damn part i can seem to get and i've been practicing it for ages.
by the way, im talking about the version in the Appetite for Destruction tab book, ive seen easier versions of it, but thats not my style.
anyway thanks.
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 06:26:28 PM »

Take it very slow to start with.  That part took me ages before I could even play it anywhere close to how it is on the record.  The fingering it a bit wierd so it takes a while to get used to it.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 07:05:23 AM »

My advice is if u can to purchase GUITAR SIGNATURE LICKS, THE BEST OF GUNS N' ROSES, A STEP BY STEP BREAKDOWN OF THE GUITAR STYLES AND TECHNIQUES OF SLASH, By Jeff Perrin

I live in Australia and it cost me $60 so if u live in america u prolly would get it half price or U.K a third of the price.

It's great it has it tabbed perfectly and has a cd to help u along, gives u advice on the timing and fingerpicking so thats the best option i could give u, the other 1 would b to ask slash himself Wink

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 01:02:50 PM »

I have that book... I don't think it's that great. Undecided
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 03:29:00 AM »

I have that book... I don't think it's that great. Undecided
I like it i find it easier to understand etc but ah well we all have different opinions

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
twitcher
Headliner

path / stream junction

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 03:58:02 AM »

Download Guitar Pro (www.guitar-pro.com)

download Sweet Child from mysongbook.com (or input your own tabs)

find the bars you want and set it to repeat those bars at 25% of normal speed then once you got it that slow, set it to increase speed gradually.  ok
Rupean
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2004, 06:09:27 PM »

Check out Slash Guitar page - http://cosmos.oninetspeed.pt/slashguitarpage/Tabs3.html - take a look at the Tab #24 and listen to it's mp3 file, played slowly.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2004, 08:20:23 AM »

Hi,
I have a related question... I have gotten used to playing this riff (read as attempting to play...) starting from the 4th string 16th fret (or something), down to the 1st. But Slash seems to play it on the 1st and 2nd strings starting on the 5th fret and moving upwards (in the video). Which is easier? Huh

Fuck 'Em All.
Hoosier
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2004, 01:00:55 PM »

Hi,
I have a related question... I have gotten used to playing this riff (read as attempting to play...) starting from the 4th string 16th fret (or something), down to the 1st. But Slash seems to play it on the 1st and 2nd strings starting on the 5th fret and moving upwards (in the video). Which is easier? Huh

im not sure what you really mean. if you're talking about the lick where the "wah" kicks in the 1st guy is talking about, you should be starting on the 9th fret/3rd string (E note) and end up with a bend on the 14th fret/2nd string (C#). you are doing an accending chromatic scale

the way you explain it, is like Slash starts on an A and runs an acending scale. and what you are doing is starting on a G and run a descending pentatonic scale. im just not sure what you mean

ever been in an earthquake motherfucker?!?!
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2004, 05:07:17 PM »

Hi,

im not sure what you really mean. if you're talking about the lick where the "wah" kicks in the 1st guy is talking about, you should be starting on the 9th fret/3rd string (E note) and end up with a bend on the 14th fret/2nd string (C#). you are doing an accending chromatic scale

the way you explain it, is like Slash starts on an A and runs an acending scale. and what you are doing is starting on a G and run a descending pentatonic scale. im just not sure what you mean
I had no idea what the Genesis was on about, but now I am utterly, utterly confused...

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: