Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:40:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR at Westlemania XX - from WWE newsletter
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR at Westlemania XX - from WWE newsletter  (Read 80518 times)
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2004, 01:22:53 AM »

Thanks for the ringing endorsement KillingVector...you know, I sincerely resent that remark, and I'm certain my GF would as well..  I'd like to view myself as I somewhat intelligent human being with at least a modicum of integrity, and I think the American education system has served me quite purposefully.  Please refrain from sweeping generalizations.  You're more than welcome  to your opinions, and they may be valid for a certain percentage of the wrestling fanbase, but truth be told, wrestling exists within its own reality, much like the world of GNR, and there is also an equal amount of suspension of disbelief involved in each.

Cheers,
Joe
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2004, 01:23:02 AM »

wow, this thread has 5 pages already...I thinks it's a big joke that GNR would perform in Wrestlemania. I don't believe, you shoudn't believe it...'cause it's not happening, GNR is much too big for this kind of event. wrestlemania....damn, how low could Axl go?

doing a duet with vanilla-ice on the surreal life? but the fact is that it is watched by alot of kids because their brains have not fully developed yet. j/k. People don't get pissy that I rag on wrestling. its just not my cup of tea. i'm just throwing out the typical stereotypes of wrestling fan's for a laugh...i really wouldn't care either way. If gn'r were on, I would probably tune in.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2004, 01:25:02 AM by axls#2 » Logged

What Goes around comes around!
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2004, 01:48:32 AM »

Yea, Im sure Stinson(you know, the legend), Finck, BH would love nothing more than to be associated with Pro wrestling and once again have Axl rely on  material that the original band(remember them, the guys that were RESPONSABLE for WTTJ) produced for publicity. Way to move forward & evolve Axl beer
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2004, 02:05:55 AM »

i call 'em as i see them, one way. When a form of entertainment caters to the feral, mindless banality as wrestling does, i wonder what kind of mind could appreciate it.

If we were talking about the possibility of Axl showing up onGrowing Pains, my comments would have been the same.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2004, 02:18:21 AM »

man 5 pages of ppl complainin that wrestling sucks and aint that big....
listen ppl as long AS GNR PERFORM. DOES IT MATTER WHERE IT IS?HuhHuhHuh?
and wrestlemania XX is gonna be huge.they started puublicity for it since last year....also a lotta wrestlers a re gonna make a comeback and hence the PPV will attract a lotta viewers
and lately every WWE PPV song does become a hit with the kids..i know!!
i jus hope they perform some new rocker as well!! cuz performing an old song after a n one year silence is useless..they mite as well allow adlers apettite to do it
so heres hoping peace

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2004, 02:29:56 AM »

They're busy ripping Axl a new asshole over at the Chris Jericho message boards. http://www.chirsjericho.com

The fact is, once again, Wrestlemania 20 will be the biggest PPV of 2004. With the wrestling world on fire with rumors of Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan and many, many other wrestling legends returning it will pull old wrestling fans in as well if even only a couple show up. If Bret Hart comes back, he will not be wrestling, but tons of fans will tune in just to see him give a 5 minute farwell speech to his fans.

It's not like just a couple people will be tuning in, Wrestlemania will probably hit around 80 countries. It has happening in MSG, which the WWE helped create the aura that surrounds that building. It will not be a typical wrestling event, it will be huge, with a shitload of celebrities and media.

It would be a great stage for Guns N' Roses to return to. We're talking about the forum they'd be appearing at. Now if Guns N' Roses comes out and does "Jungle" and says, "goodnight", I can see how that would be bad for them. Guns can't simply come out and do songs from 15 years ago with only one guy who is even apart of that era. The people there will shit on it. If they did "Jungle" and a new song, perhaps one no one has heard before and sounded awesome then it would be the best thing in the world for them. Old fans who forgot would be reminded and new fans would be won.

Being a Guns fan and a huge wrestling fan, most of you wouldn't know, but there's a lot in common there. You Guns fans haven't even seen a rumor compared to what happens in the wrestling world.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2004, 04:27:31 AM »

Meltzer says he has heard the rumor

Management say that none of this is true

peace
Irishfecker
Headliner

Superman is Irish,and he's a fecker,he's me

« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2004, 04:33:29 AM »

Mysteron can I ask you would management give you any info if it was still in the pipeline?
The Father

i am the fatherIrishfecker,who happens to be superman too,feel priveleged to know me?

why the fuck not?
Jan-Christoph K?hler
Headliner

:-)

« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2004, 04:36:16 AM »

peace

I?m so sick of all these rumors. Could the "great" management say something about GnR that is true???
This waiting game sucks!  crying

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2004, 04:55:33 AM »

Mysteron can I ask you would management give you any info if it was still in the pipeline?
The Father

If something was in the pipeline, they would either confirm it, or say nothing

Again though, as I normally say, keep an open mind with anything that is said on here
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2004, 04:57:19 AM »

peace

I?m so sick of all these rumors. Could the "great" management say something about GnR that is true???

The last mile is always the longest  hihi
Irishfecker
Headliner

Superman is Irish,and he's a fecker,he's me

« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2004, 04:57:26 AM »

no bother mysteron.
kinda hope this is true though cause it would give the band major exposure whether the people on here like it or not
The Father
« Last Edit: February 10, 2004, 04:58:05 AM by Irishfecker » Logged

i am the fatherIrishfecker,who happens to be superman too,feel priveleged to know me?

why the fuck not?
Jan-Christoph K?hler
Headliner

« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2004, 05:05:55 AM »

peace

The last mile is always the longest  hihi

I guess you are right. But is it just one mile to bring GnR back?  Wink

rockTHEworld
Headliner

gnfr rockin the world again....soon....

« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2004, 05:06:15 AM »

@ Mysteron:

is this mile definately the last one?!!???!!! Roll Eyes

liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2004, 05:14:29 AM »

how come the managment knows that all these rumors are false but refuses to give us ANY info on cd??

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2004, 05:24:24 AM »

how come the managment knows that all these rumors are false but refuses to give us ANY info on cd??

They will give info when they are ready. That's just the way it is
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2004, 05:25:23 AM »

@ Mysteron:

is this mile definately the last one?!!???!!! Roll Eyes

hope so

it's definitely the longest, anyway  hihi
rockTHEworld
Headliner

gnfr rockin the world again....soon....

« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2004, 05:29:47 AM »

thanks............

the waiting game has become a major part in my life..... i think that?s not good.... no
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2004, 05:30:04 AM »

how much can a small litlle update like "hey the band is jus deciding the first single and then CD will be out" hurt??? this is bs....man im cranky today Grin

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2004, 05:35:22 AM »

how much can a small litlle update like "hey the band is jus deciding the first single and then CD will be out" hurt??? this is bs....man im cranky today Grin

You saw with VR a little while back that little updates can sometimes not be a good thing for a band. It can look clumsy and provoke criticism

The best thing for gnr is to complete the album, sort out their promotional strategy, get some tour dates in place, then go public. It looks more professional
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: