Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:21:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR at Westlemania XX - from WWE newsletter
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR at Westlemania XX - from WWE newsletter  (Read 80555 times)
PS_PoWeR
Headliner

PoWeR!!

« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2004, 06:03:38 PM »

I don't understand the people who DON'T want them to show up for WMXX. Why are you being picky? At this point in the game all we can do is for Axl to show up somewhere....ANYWHERE....and perform. I agree with the guy who mentioned Spice Girls. Axl can come out on a Spice Girls tribute show....I don't care!.....as long as it ends the yr long complete silence! Because anything is better than what we have now!
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2004, 06:27:33 PM »

I don't understand the people who DON'T want them to show up for WMXX. Why are you being picky? At this point in the game all we can do is for Axl to show up somewhere....ANYWHERE....and perform. I agree with the guy who mentioned Spice Girls. Axl can come out on a Spice Girls tribute show....I don't care!.....as long as it ends the yr long complete silence! Because anything is better than what we have now!

Well, I don't want them play at WMXX because I don't want them doing WTTJ. I rather hear something new. Also, I don't want to pay $40 just to see them play one song. Heck, I couldn't even order the ppv if I wanted to because my cable company won't allow me to order ppvs unless I switch to digital.  no
Bubba St. Rose
Headliner

Jim Norton is my dad. O&A Party Rocks!

« Reply #222 on: February 11, 2004, 01:10:19 AM »

Just for the record, I agree that the Wrestlemania gig would be a good one for gnr, but it would only reach half the buying public......which is why others have mentioned other gigs such as the world cup (soccer) etc.. which would be a good move to reach the other half
For the love of buckethead's bucket... Wrestlemania XX is going to draw a couple of million viewers most of whom don't even know that Axl Rose still has a band. This is the 20th anniversary of a landmark television phenom that received a helluva a lot of press when it started in the 80s. It will be watched. It could have nothing but a positive effect. Second, why does Axl and Co. need to do some event to attract ALL of the buying public in one damn shot? This whole thread is hilarious. For a bunch of so-called fans who have been clamoring about wanting to hear or see GNR since they melted down before philly, some of you have become pretty picky about how and when they should re emerge. Daily someone writes, "i wish something would happen one way or another." Then a rumor crops up about WMXX and people are complaining about the venue and the event. Wow.

Opie and Anthony XM Satellite Radio 202 High Voltage Spread the Virus
hally187
Rocker

Booooiiiiiiinnnngggg

« Reply #223 on: February 11, 2004, 07:39:33 AM »

I personally would love to see GnR play at WMXX, whether or not this rumour is true... whether or not the media will like it blah blah... I'd just like to see GnR playing, I could care less about promotional aspects... they play music for a living, they should play music.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #224 on: February 11, 2004, 09:52:43 AM »

Here you go:

In a potential rumor killer, according to sources within the music industry, the new version of Guns N Roses are not scheduled to perform at WrestleMania XX as had been speculated by some other sources. Even if they were scheduled, given Axl Rose?s track record, counting on him showing up is not a very safe bet.

Source:  http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2004/articles/1076442784.php

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #225 on: February 11, 2004, 10:14:07 AM »

I personally would love to see GnR play at WMXX, whether or not this rumour is true... whether or not the media will like it blah blah... I'd just like to see GnR playing, I could care less about promotional aspects... they play music for a living, they should play music.

Showing up there wouldn't fit with GNR and it's "legacy" at all.
But that is just my opinion.
And even if they were there: Playing wttj would be so retarted and dumb. But hey now it seems like that we actually WILL get a GH in march again? Jesus!

Am i the only one thinking that i doesn't make any sense at all?
No news in 15 month (or so) now
The possibility of a GH in the pipeline INSTEAD of CHINESE DE.
The rumor of GNR playing at Hulk Hogans playground??

For me all of that is just ..is just.....  not unlogical at all!

People like Pilferk and the holy mysterion tell us to keep the faith because "something big will smash around the corner" and stuff. Well that is fine and i really appreciate your "motivation-work" guys (that goes for everybody who stayed positive over the years) but man, ist it coming at all?Huh

Fuck i am frustrated and needed to say that.

Sorry rant

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #226 on: February 11, 2004, 12:03:47 PM »

Showing up there wouldn't fit with GNR and it's "legacy" at all.
But that is just my opinion.
And even if they were there: Playing wttj would be so retarted and dumb. But hey now it seems like that we actually WILL get a GH in march again? Jesus!

Am i the only one thinking that i doesn't make any sense at all?
No news in 15 month (or so) now
The possibility of a GH in the pipeline INSTEAD of CHINESE DE.
The rumor of GNR playing at Hulk Hogans playground??

For me all of that is just ..is just.....  not unlogical at all!

People like Pilferk and the holy mysterion tell us to keep the faith because "something big will smash around the corner" and stuff. Well that is fine and i really appreciate your "motivation-work" guys (that goes for everybody who stayed positive over the years) but man, ist it coming at all?Huh

Fuck i am frustrated and needed to say that.

Sorry rant

AGREED

but what can we do now?

cry together

hold my hand...  crying

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #227 on: February 11, 2004, 01:04:59 PM »

very well said big ploppa

wrestling isnt that old time shit, and for people to compare it to that obviously havent watched it in 15 years, havent u ever heard of The Rock, stone cold steve austin? holy shit that haystacks thing mysteron was very old bro! lol!

wrestling is great any big publicity for gnr is needed and would help and be good

this thread has turned crazy as if gnr is choosing wrestlemania over the world cup

as if gnr have a choice to play the world cup which id seriously doubt, so why are we even discussing the world cup? it doesnt even fit into the argument

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
DuffFAN1
Headliner

Sometime to get away I needed some peace of mind

« Reply #228 on: February 11, 2004, 02:29:21 PM »

Gnr at Westlemania XX  i do not think so

GET IN THE RING!!!!!!! www.thecky2k.20m.com
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #229 on: February 11, 2004, 02:42:09 PM »

Another point...

The world cup is in 2006, would you like to wait two years for a GNR performance or would you want to see one in 33 days?

Run that one through your brains!?!

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #230 on: February 11, 2004, 02:50:29 PM »

Another point...

The world cup is in 2006, would you like to wait two years for a GNR performance or would you want to see one in 33 days?

Run that one through your brains!?!

Another point, you might as well start dreaming about GN'R appearing at the 2006 World Cup since that wrestling thing isn't gonna happen.

GN'R will never play at the WC or Olympics, they're not a pop band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #231 on: February 11, 2004, 03:01:50 PM »

/jarmo

And for that matter, do they even have conventional bands play at the world cup?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #232 on: February 11, 2004, 03:05:11 PM »

/jarmo

No but then again Neither are Motorhead..in fact there about as Rock and Roll as you can get.

Some people call LimBizkit rock...

Hell Metallica still arent Pop or though they are heading that way they are still ROCK.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #233 on: February 11, 2004, 03:05:53 PM »

/jarmo

And for that matter, do they even have conventional bands play at the world cup?

I bet they will at the beer tents. Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #234 on: February 11, 2004, 03:08:46 PM »

/jarmo

I bet they will at the beer tents. Cheesy

/jarmo

If GNR is playing beer tents then I think we have larger problems ...  hihi

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #235 on: February 11, 2004, 03:10:32 PM »

Do they have Beer tents at the world cup?...i thought the bars in the stadium and the pubs/bars outside the ground will cater for all that.

liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #236 on: February 12, 2004, 12:42:36 AM »

It is still not confirmed whether or not Guns-N-Roses will be performing at WrestleMania 20. There isn't enough validity to this, however, there were talks about hiring Guns-N-Roses for WrestleMania 19 but obviously that didn't go through
hey we never knew bout the WM 19 thing did we??

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #237 on: February 12, 2004, 01:26:30 AM »

i have a source, dont laugh this is true i email her back and forth she writes for a wrestling site and she said that as of now its only a rumor but not to rule it out

meanmachine hulk hogan isnt even in the WWE anymore dude

u people are acting like if GnR play wrestlemania that they cant play anywhere else, thats ridiculous but it would be huge exposure and letting the old fans know they are back, they can do the talk show circuits etc etc afterwards, some of u are acting like we have to choose one event for them to play at, why cant they do WM and the world cup, do the super bowl and play the talk shows? see what im sayin, they can do it all!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #238 on: February 12, 2004, 01:56:56 AM »

see what im sayin, they can do it all!

I hate to be negative but all I see is wasted potential with these guys. Both times I saw them they kicked ass. They blow everything away, but they don't do shit. They could do it alll, but they don't! Such a waste. Sad
Hung Well
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #239 on: February 12, 2004, 04:53:31 PM »

I don't know where you guys got this idea that WM is watched by millions of people.  Someone said 20-30 million?  

I e-mailed Dave Meltzer on the subject and he gave me last years number--560,000 buys.  It goes to show that Wrestlemania isn't nearly as watched as some here think.  

Also, IMO, GNR should not do WM.  I don't care if Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock did it.  I don't want GNR to emulate Limp Bizkit.  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: