Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:40:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  STEVEN ADLER Comments On Tour Cancellation
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: STEVEN ADLER Comments On Tour Cancellation  (Read 13847 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: March 16, 2004, 10:20:25 AM »

Former GUNS N' ROSES/current ADLER'S APPETITE drummer Steven Adler has commented on the recent cancellation of ADLER'S APPETITE's mini-tour with EVERY MOTHER'S NIGHTMARE after their contract with the tour's promoter was allegedly "not honored."

In a posting to The Official Steven Adler Fan Site, Adler said, "We had a bus for two days, the promoter sent the bus company two different checks, both of them bounced. The bus driver left us in bum fuck Louisiana, Baton Rouge, at some hotel. We got a mobile home, which I thought we were going to die in. College Station, Texas, we did the show there and there was another bus driver. When we got back to the hotel the bus driver says, 'Well, we got some bad checks from the promoter, I'm outta here!' And it was another bus company completely! The promoter never paid us all the money that he was supposed to, like $2,700, if not more. We had two more shows to do. We didn't get any money that night from playing College Station, so how could we continue and finish the last shows? Please tell the fans that I am so sorry to those who we cancelled on. Maybe we shouldn't be playing the States for a long, long time unless it's somethin' big. Not like in Europe. God, every show was a sellout, and there would still be people outside wanting to get in! I had the greatest birthday ever in Spain. Like three-fourths into the set, these girls came out with a big cake and ten $200 bottles of champagne. The whole place sang 'Happy Birthday' to me, it was so great! Thank you to all the fans who wished me a happy birthday, definitely makes up for some of the most shitty ones I've had in the last ten years!"

Source(s): http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 11:52:47 AM »

Got to love Steven!

that dude has been fucked over more than once, thats for sure!!

peace

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 02:00:49 PM »

Gotta love Steven,

Isn't the guy a millionaire several times over? Why then is he worrying about buses etc? Can't he just buy one? Or the company that makes them?Huh

''we got a mobile home, which i thought we were going to die in'' - can't he just buy a few city blocks?Huh

Steven what have u done with ur money......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 03:24:37 PM »

Gotta love Steven,

Isn't the guy a millionaire several times over? Why then is he worrying about buses etc? Can't he just buy one? Or the company that makes them?Huh

''we got a mobile home, which i thought we were going to die in'' - can't he just buy a few city blocks?Huh

As i understood it he blew most of his fortune on hard drugs - including the payout from Gn'R.

Riot In Everyone!
Dizzy
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 05:24:36 PM »

Steven still collects a huge royalty check, so the guy is well-off financially.

Buying a few city blocks is unrealistic at best.  It isn't his responsibility to do things like that anyway.  That's why he hired a tour promoter, to handle things like that for him.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 07:40:46 PM »

Buying a few city blocks is unrealistic at best.  

Er...it was a joke..... confused

Quick! To the bandwagon!
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 08:14:51 AM »

*Insert Wise Ass Anti-Steve/Anti-Hair Metal comment*

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Dizzy
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2004, 05:10:37 PM »

*Insert loud, resounding Fuck you to those who hate Steven or hair bands*
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2004, 03:53:34 PM »

*Insert loud, resounding Fuck you to those who hate Steven or hair bands*

Too true all the hair band haters fuck off, nice to see Steven explains the cancellation hopefully i'll see him in the UK soon he seems to like Europe more than America at the moment
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2004, 05:03:26 PM »

If u don't like hair metal why do u have a 1000 posts on a GNR board? GNR are hair metal at the end of the day.....

I choose to base my judgement on what a band sounds like, not what the 'fashion' was during the era they recorded.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2004, 07:58:31 AM »

Gotta love Steven,

As i understood it he blew most of his fortune on hard drugs - including the payout from Gn'R.

I recall that Axl Rose said that every dollar Steven got from the law suit went down to the gutter and to the drugs..same thing goes with the money he earned while he was in GNR.

I guess he has sniffed to the nose worth of five Ferrari, three houses etc..
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2004, 06:19:25 PM »

I recall that Axl Rose said that every dollar Steven got from the law suit went down to the gutter and to the drugs..same thing goes with the money he earned while he was in GNR.
Oh yeah...becuase...I remember now...Axl Rose is Steven's accountant, and when Steven wants money, he asks Axl for it first, and tells him what it's for...
 Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 23, 2004, 06:21:19 PM by Miz » Logged

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Dizzy
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2004, 06:42:22 PM »

Good point Miz.

Besides, Axl Rose is a fine one to talk about wasting tons of money.  I wonder how many ferraris and mansions worth he pissed away on legal fees for paying off girlfriends that he battered, fans he attacked, damaged venues caused by riots that he incited, curfew violation fees because of his tardiness to shows, etc.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2004, 03:24:29 PM »

Gotta love Steven,

How would Axl know? Its not as if he keeps in touch with his old friends, i'm surprised he can even remember their names!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2004, 08:44:27 AM »

Gotta love Steven,

How would Axl know? Its not as if he keeps in touch with his old friends, i'm surprised he can even remember their names!

I guess even an average GN'R fan do know till where all the Steven's money has gone to..it's no big secret.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 08:45:28 AM by John Daniels » Logged
Dizzy
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2004, 04:57:37 PM »

I'll repeat again that Steven continues to collect royalty checks from Guns N Roses, so he is far from broke now.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2004, 04:00:59 AM »

haha. good one. hihi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: