Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:49:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash wanted to see the show, but was not let in.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash wanted to see the show, but was not let in.  (Read 5546 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: March 16, 2004, 05:16:05 PM »

did anyone else see this or know what the deal is?

Slash wanted to see the show, but was not let in.

Doug Goldstein, GN'R's manager, said: "We didn?t know what his intentions were. If nothing else, it would have been a distraction. Axl was really nervous about these shows. We decided on our own not to take any risk."
ne else know this or know what the deal was?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 05:18:36 PM »

Slash showed up at a Vegas show in 2001 and was denied entry.  It's as simple as that.  

SLCPUNK
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 02:36:20 AM »

I've heard this story and I also heard (read) that it never happened. Anybody know for sure? I would have shit to see Slash at the bar and the new GnR on the stage. Would have been a trip!
journey
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 04:31:57 AM »

I heard a radio interview with slash, and i remember him saying that he wanted to see the show, so he could see how his "boy was doing".  

They probably didn't allow him in to watch the show, because he didn't have a ticket, not because Axl didn't want him there.  That's my guess.
Dizzy
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 05:40:25 PM »

Slash was in Vegas and found out that Axl was doing two shows there.  He made a few calls and got on the VIP list for the 12-29-01 show.  But Axl's management found out about it and sent some security to Slash's room and told him he would not be permitted into the show.  Slash said that other security guards could've sneaked him in, but they said somebody would get fired if he was caught inside the premises.  Apparently, they were all scared shitless that Axl would be freaked out if Slash were in attendance.

Afterwards, this statement was released....

Doug Goldstein, GN'R's manager, said: "We didn?t know what his intentions were. If nothing else, it would have been a distraction. Axl was really nervous about these shows. We decided on our own not to take any risk."
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 05:57:06 PM »

think about the doorman.. hey, you are SLASH... im just a simple doorwatcher... you cant go in here... just 'cuz you slash doesnt mean you can barge in on axl's shows! axl never barged in to your show's! show some respect aye, buddy?............. btw, can i have you autograph?

hihi

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2004, 06:41:51 PM »

If this is true, I?m shure Slash wanted to make some noise or to scream something to axl.or maybie to try if he could take buckethead?s mask of and take him a picture to see who was him realy?? ;)haha. :hihi:dont know.

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: