Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 10:27:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227770 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  what if Axl says it's done on RIR ?
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what if Axl says it's done on RIR ?  (Read 20249 times)
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« on: March 17, 2004, 08:22:44 PM »

I have been thinking about it..
I don't know if Axl would do that, set up a show to say goodbye, but If he get on stage on Lisbon and say GNR is done, CD won?t be ever released and this will be the last GNR show, I'm out of the business Huh

Think about it !
I get here everyday since 1999 and HTGTH is my start page at Iexplorer.. I have a life, GNR is not my life but i important, it would be hard to me stop hoping to see a new album or see them live again.. What would you do next day if Axl says good bye for good ?

Like I said, GNR is not my life, but to me it's important to have this !!
I would probably get myself into Metallica or Pearl Jam (other two bands that I love, but not like GNR).

If you ask me... I prefer Axl to quit than wait 2, 3, 4 years more for something new.

Jarmo,
If GNR leaves the stage for ever, What will yo do ?, I mean, will you close this site or will you keep it as a memory web site for GNR ??

//JK
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 08:33:07 PM »

Jarmo,
If GNR leaves the stage for ever, What will yo do ?, I mean, will you close this site or will you keep it as a memory web site for GNR ??

I'm sure there's gonna be some ex-members doing something.

Izzy will probably release more albums in Japan, Adler's Appetite will have more trouble with promoters in Louisiana, Slash's kids will grow up, Axl will be spotted in Las Vegas etc. There's plenty of exciting stuff to discuss even if that happens. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 08:33:29 PM »

i will still visit the site...There are still things to discuss I guess, but I don't know, it would actually probably be kind of a relief, no more anticipation and hopes being dashed.

What Goes around comes around!
//JK75
VIP

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 08:36:26 PM »

Jarmo,

Izzy will probably release more albums in Japan, Adler's Appetite will have more trouble with promoters in Louisiana, Slash's kids will grow up, Axl will be spotted in Las Vegas etc. There's plenty of exciting stuff to discuss even if that happens. Wink

/jarmo

Good... You have a point.. I will keep visit this site to talk about VR and Izzy... and the others !!

//JK
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

And for the finishing touch, God created the Dutch

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 08:36:56 PM »

Jarmo,

/jarmo

What are you trying to do jk75?
Leave us mods unemployed?  Wink

I have a site and a board myself and i'm thinking the same as Jarmo, no need to stop.

Unless your a hemmerhoid, get off my ass!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 08:40:59 PM »

maybe a odd time to ask, but did anyone from the very beggining of hearing about a new lineup think this was going to be a success. Numerous bands have gone through lineup changes ie.: motley crue, skid row, oasis, etc, yet none re nowhere near the calibur or star status they once were. when i was driving into town on the afternoon i heard the 2002 tour was canceled i got a really bad feeling people. then again since then i have collections of bootlegs to keep me company in hopes of news that still hasn't come, or wont. it can be debated to death but had the 2002 been a selling success or at least not been cancelled the album perhaps might not be out by now, but we would have heard something by now. im still in shock really that buckehead has left yet not surprised. if axl replaces him and dicks around with buckethead's contributions to CD or scraps them then the wait continues and eventually someone will leave then as well. i believe it will continue to be a sad sick cycle of revolving door musicians in GnR land. sad thing is Axl of today is a shell of a once brilliant man who noone except a cult of a few 100 or thousand internet lurkers care about.

this is a sad sad day. yes they'll play rio and i think paul will step back in for axl. perhaps a new track will be played so axl isnt booed off stage and most of all he'll rant how geffen and buckethead are the reason cd is not released. such a sad day my friends.. Cry

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
//JK75
VIP

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 08:44:02 PM »

it would actually probably be kind of a relief, no more anticipation and hopes being dashed.

YES I agree... I am waiting for RIR, but if nothing happen there I would prefer that, no more hopes !!

//JK
//JK75
VIP

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 08:50:13 PM »

What are you trying to do jk75?
Leave us mods unemployed?  Wink

I have a site and a board myself and i'm thinking the same as Jarmo, no need to stop.

No, not at all !! he he..
I love your work and I love this site !! and a few other GNR sites but I was just asking !!

And... this is what you do for a living Huh he he.

//JK
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 08:54:47 PM »

I love your work and I love this site !! and a few other GNR sites but I was just asking !!

Wink sometimes it feels like it....

Now let's get back on topic  Smiley

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 08:55:19 PM »

We still have the music,which is the biggest thing in the first place........Sitting here typing this listening to Since I Don't Have You.......Axl's voice rocks......If they come out and Axl says it's over......It was fun while it lasted,ya know?

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004, 09:01:34 PM »

If it ends tomorrow, the ride was a blast, and it would, in a strange sense, be a bit of a relief personally....I would expect HTGTH to still exist, of course...We still need a place to congregate..
joe
guitarpatch
Headliner

"Holding back the Big Guns!"

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2004, 09:10:15 PM »

If Axl said he was done after RIR, it would give some sort of finality to all of the waiting for the new album. But wouldn't it be cool if they did something like playing what would have been the entire album live that night?

Aerosmith, DreamTheater, Jeff Beck, Andres Segovia, Leo Brouwer, Guns, and Bach. Oh yeah, Bach, what else to you need in Life?
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2004, 09:41:15 PM »

Thats a brilliant idea Patch...much like Brian Wilson is doing his Smile masterpiece now...wouldnt it be nice?  sorry...It would be an awesome idea though
Crowebar
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2004, 09:54:54 PM »

Oh.......                      PUH-LEASE!!!

I must take this opportunity to personally [puke] all over this thread!!!

Thank you. [bow]
Guns N Ballz
Rocker

Proud Member of the Butch Walker Mafia!

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2004, 10:05:17 PM »

What a way yo start a riot!  Wink
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2004, 10:09:46 PM »

I'll cry.  He better not come out and say something along the lines of quitting.  This is the best band ever.  He needs to comeback and stay on top of things for good.
EvilSmurf
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2004, 10:33:54 PM »

I'll cry.  He better not come out and say something along the lines of quitting.  This is the best band ever.  He needs to comeback and stay on top of things for good.

My prediction: Rio will happen. Finck will play all the solos. They will play the 2002 tour setlist. Axl will go on a small rant about Geffen and say that CD just needs some "finishing touches" but "live your life". This messageboard will continue for years to come with rumors and hearsay about when CD will finally come out. This time there will be rumors like "BUCKETHEAD BACK IN GNR!?". By 2030 we will all realize it really is over and CD will never come out and ask ourselves: couldn't we have used the collective time we spent on HTGTH learning how to surf? Make a new friend? Be a better parent? And we will never get that time back....  Smiley
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2004, 10:53:31 PM »

My prediction: Rio will happen. Finck will play all the solos. They will play the 2002 tour setlist. Axl will go on a small rant about Geffen and say that CD just needs some "finishing touches" but "live your life". This messageboard will continue for years to come with rumors and hearsay about when CD will finally come out. This time there will be rumors like "BUCKETHEAD BACK IN GNR!?". By 2030 we will all realize it really is over and CD will never come out and ask ourselves: couldn't we have used the collective time we spent on HTGTH learning how to surf? Make a new friend? Be a better parent? And we will never get that time back....  Smiley

We'll never get that time back but then..........you see the flyer in the common area of the nursing home you are now residing in.

It says...."GNR in concert.......all new material from vintage 2002-2004"....you'll reminise all the while you are putting your dentures back in your mouth.  You go to the computer coz HTGTH still has all of us here.........we post the tour info.......and some us us are even lucky in that the tour stops AT the nursing home.

That night arrives........you have your GNR depends on.  Axl arrives on stage....complete with long gray braids in his hair......and an electric lark........he's a madman on stage.......doing pop a wheelies.......your face lights up........you see slash (with a gray afro) and he's taken up smoking again...but this time it's a corn cob pipe.........you see Steven, Izzy, and Duff........and they are all in wheelchairs......but THEY ALL ROCK coz this is GNR and you are reliving the 80s/90s.

Oh come on........this may just happen so don't laugh too much Grin
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2004, 10:59:40 PM »

I don't think this will happen but if Axl was to say it was the last show ever before. I think I might just buy a ticket and a plane tickect to Rio to see it because I never seen them live. yet. But I came so dam close a few times.  Cry So I could not let this pas me by.  

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2004, 11:28:16 PM »

This isnt axl's last show he and the record company put 13 million into this album it WILL be released

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
GunsLova
Rocker

VR? LMAO

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2004, 11:30:01 PM »

At this state, I really hope actually Axl would do that.....One last extremely great memorible show to show his greatness and then to end all the maddness
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2004, 11:51:32 PM »

I wouldnt like to see Guns  N Roses finished withe their original  members alive.

Maybe i would love to see some music from Axl as a solo artits, so he can do whatever the fucks he wants without comparing with Guns N Roses, I KNOW that he has already done that with the new guys , but , it seem there are new Guns N' Roses right now. Cry

If the world would end today... Wink
The Red Scare
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2004, 11:57:49 PM »

If it was the last show --

It better be the best concert that's ever been played.

It better be three or four hours long....the entirety of CD should be played and end the shit with Paradise City.

I would cry and love it.
badapple81
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2004, 12:44:10 AM »

Sounds like a lot of you believe it is actually over.
Crowebar
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2004, 12:51:24 AM »

Sounds like a lot of you believe it is actually over.

It's not over GunnerDownUnder.  no

It's just the beginning dude!!! yes ok beer
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2004, 02:10:52 AM »

Oh.......                      PUH-LEASE!!!

I must take this opportunity to personally all over this thread!!!

Thank you.

Don't you even try, warning 1 !

matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2004, 02:42:59 AM »

If he does say it's done i dont know what i'll do Undecided

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: