Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:10:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Stop the Finck bashing
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stop the Finck bashing  (Read 15681 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2004, 12:35:48 AM »

Lets all Remeber that Robin was the original guitarist that Axl wanted to replace Slash with... so hes gotta be pretty god damn good..

He is very damn good.
Ask trent.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2004, 12:39:00 AM »

but bucket was better  crying

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2004, 12:54:27 AM »

Well I'll be the first to break up this love-fest I guess.

He looks fuckin' stupid.  The goth thing does NOT look good in Guns N' Roses.  What am I saying, it NEVER looks good.

He fucks up a lot.  I'm not talking about him "playing Slash's solos differently".  He hits the wrong notes OFTEN and at the worst possible times.  He's probably more focused on his little leg dances than his guitar playing.

Whatever that shit is he plays before Sweet Child and Paradise City is noise pollution.  If that's what a solo on CD sounds like, I hope Axl never releases it.

The only cool thing Robin has done is play Sossego for Rio.
kockstar99
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2004, 01:06:58 AM »

Well I'll be the first to break up this love-fest I guess.

He looks fuckin' stupid.  The goth thing does NOT look good in Guns N' Roses.  What am I saying, it NEVER looks good.

He fucks up a lot.  I'm not talking about him "playing Slash's solos differently".  He hits the wrong notes OFTEN and at the worst possible times.  He's probably more focused on his little leg dances than his guitar playing.

Whatever that shit is he plays before Sweet Child and Paradise City is noise pollution.  If that's what a solo on CD sounds like, I hope Axl never releases it.

The only cool thing Robin has done is play Sossego for Rio.

The Sossego was awsome...but i do agree with you on his solos.... those are shit....does anyone else fast forward them on thier Bootleg CD's and DVD's??

but he still is a damn good guitar player....
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2004, 01:53:59 AM »

Finck is a great guy man.  I love Robin one of the best members of GN'R EVER!  I was at the 29th show in Vegas right in front of him he'll party with you during the songs, reach out and give you a five.  He's great and knows what he's doing when it comes to GN'R songs old and new!
twitcher
Headliner

path / stream junction

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2004, 02:11:06 AM »

please someone show me a photo of robin being goth in the last 5 years. Because all these people keep saying he's goth but I've never seen it.  no white satin aint goth. VMA wasn't goth. none of my bootlegs are goth. if you are gonna critisize his style the at least be accurate. (I don't think he's ever been goth but some may think the early NIN was, but I'll leave that for a NIN discussion board.)

Second, his solos are great, and all of what i've seen there aren't too many if any wrong notes. again will someone point to a show where i can see/hear this as my bootlegs sound great - maybe i'm just lucky so far. And I actually prefer his solos over the originals and prefer to play bootlegs rather than the originals now.

Finally his solo before Sweet Child may not fit in with GnR well, and I didn't really like it when i heard it first. But taken out of the context of the concert it is a beautiful piece of music and really cool to play when just sitting by myself looking out of the window  Wink
Guns N Roses
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2004, 02:15:35 AM »

I do not care for how finck plays the old songs I think he butches them(I did enjoy Buckets work and Iam even a Slash fan Grin).  But everones opinion is different.  I will not judge him fully till I have heard CD.  My prejudge of him is the guitar work just seem weak in songs like Madagascar,The Blues,CD but yet what I have heard it just from soundboards and bootlegs.

One other thing this is not a shot at anybody but when people tell people to go check out NIN to see how Finck plays I dont understand why.  Iam not here to hear NIN Iam here to hear GNR.  Anyway  does Robin even play on studio NIN albums?  I thought he was a live musician only?
Guns N Roses
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2004, 02:18:40 AM »

The only solo that I think Finck nails right on is SCOM. IMO
glass
Opening Act

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2004, 02:18:47 AM »

finck fucking sucks. what a horrible player. I actually can't believe how bad he is. Can you imagine that fucker taking the nightrain outro now? jesus christ, not a good thought. oh yeah, the majority of you people are sad axl ass kissers.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2004, 02:22:18 AM »

Finck sucks

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Bahad
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2004, 02:34:27 AM »

The only solo that I think Finck nails right on is SCOM. IMO

He screws the intro.Wrong notes,timing faults. But overall I like him. He plays more emotionally and he's got a different style. It got me time to use to his style but he plays like noone else.
kockstar99
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2004, 03:13:29 AM »

Finally his solo before Sweet Child may not fit in with GnR well, and I didn't really like it when i heard it first. But taken out of the context of the concert it is a beautiful piece of music and really cool to play when just sitting by myself looking out of the window  Wink

That describes it perfect... I wish I had posted that..

He is a bad ass guitar player...
kockstar99
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2004, 03:16:51 AM »

Can you imagine that fucker taking the nightrain outro now? jesus christ, not a good thought.

NOBODY on this planet can play that outro like Buckethead can ....bottom line...

oh yeah, the majority of you people are sad axl ass kissers.

Thanks Dude!!!
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2004, 06:05:56 AM »

I'm not here to bash Finck, I'm just here to give constructive criticism and in my honest opinion as a longtime GNR fan, Finck completely raped the guitar solos  on November Rain at RIR3. I haven't heard any bootleg stuff since RIR3 so I don't know if he's improved later, but at least at RIR 3 h?s guitar work was very weak. The only cool thing he played was Sossego and the solo on Patience..

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
BucketRose
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2004, 06:35:34 AM »

Why should anyone refrain from bashing the guy?  Aren't people entitled to opinions around here?  Finck is just another "hired gun" with a contract from Axl...he's no more a "member" of GnR than Buckethead was.  If it was announced today that Finck left the band, you guys would turn your back on him and never again give him and his playing a moment's consideration.  I get so tired of all this mock-adoration that some of you shed on the hired guns...as soon as they quit or get fired, they go back to being invisible to you guys.   Roll Eyes

I think its time to quit pretending that what's left of GnR is actually a "band."  I agree with what someone else said...things look worse for GnR right now than they've ever looked in the past.  Things look even worse for ever hearing CD.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2004, 11:00:52 AM »

Finck sucks

you valuable input is put into consideration...

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2004, 11:40:57 AM »

Fink is a good guitar player, Fink is a very good guitar player, but lay off the word great. Everyone in here throws that word around way too much.

Also just because some one is a 'great' guitar player, that doesn't mean they fit into every situation. For example, Tom Morrello is an unbelievable guitar player (in alot of people's eyes) I tend to agree that he is a great player, but I would not want to hear him in Guns, his playing style doesn't suit this band. The other issue is tone (which is my biggest problem with Robin), his sound is far to 'dirty' or 'distorted'. I understand most of you hate the constant Slash comparisons, but Slashs' tone was as important to this band as Axl's voice. He used very little in the way of effects, the only distortion he gets is from his amp, I just feel that Robin's over distorted sound ruins alot of songs.
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2004, 12:23:12 PM »

finck fucking sucks. what a horrible player. I actually can't believe how bad he is. Can you imagine that fucker taking the nightrain outro now? jesus christ, not a good thought. oh yeah, the majority of you people are sad axl ass kissers.

i can understand not liking how he plays, he plays in a very original style that is not for everyone, but to say he sucks is just ignorant. anybody that plays guitar or knows about guitar would tell you that he is phenomenal. not everybody will tell you that they like what he plays but the ability is there. to say he "sucks" is just ignorant and incorrect. as far as kissing axl's ass, i hardly see how praising robin is kissing axl's ass.

as far as the poster that said we would forget about robin after he left gnr. i can say that won't be the case with me, i am a fan of his work (the live cd) with nin and would purchase pretty much any product that he put out. not so much the case with the rest of the new gunners. not that i don't love the new band.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2004, 01:54:18 PM »

I make no secret of the fact i think Robin Finck is a very average musician. As a support player there isn't a problem, but there is no way he can provide what Slash and Buckethead gave GNR....the band suddenly looks very medicore on guitar.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash2001
Rocker

Axl's Scottish ya know......

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2004, 02:28:05 PM »

I agree, stop bashing Finck, do some you guys really think you could do better than this guy? personally i prefer the fact the new guys dont play the old songs exact same way as the old band cause then it really would seem like a cover band,and sayin he hits wrong notes alot etc, u reckon Slash never hit a bad note?. Finck obviously aint as good a guitarist as buckethead but he doesnt deserve all the bashing from us FANS.besides,his solo in the blues is better than anything Buckethead has put down in any of the new songs we've heard.I think the two guitarists we are left with can more than handle the job at hand, Fortus is also an under-rated guitar player aswell, he can play fast and has a cool vibe about him.

"I don't know just what I should do, everywhere I go I see you"
The Blues
W. Axl Rose
Best version - Rock in Rio 3 - 2001
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: