Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:24:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Stop the Finck bashing
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stop the Finck bashing  (Read 15684 times)
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2004, 08:15:17 PM »

Ok i'd be the first to say he can't play SCOM from what i have heard, it's just not right.

BUT i have been a fan of  his since The Downward Spiral,  now i would say any guitarist who has heard some of the guitar work on that album would have to have respect for Finck, especially on a track like Mr Self destruct that is a beast of a guitar riff.

And alot of people who are put off by the look.  It's easy to forget how fucking scared people were of GN'R when they first came on the scene.  They were n't "conventional" to some people.  Some wouldn't see the difference between GN'R and Finck.  If you want you'r rock n'roll all safe and nicely dressed to fit a scene then ...that's not rock n' roll.  

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2004, 08:31:46 PM »

BUT i have been a fan of  his since The Downward Spiral,  now i would say any guitarist who has heard some of the guitar work on that album would have to have respect for Finck, especially on a track like Mr Self destruct that is a beast of a guitar riff.

Really?  Thats interesting since he didnt play on The Downward Spiral.  And its a safe bet that you should thank Mr. Reznor for that riff, and the rest of the album.

PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2004, 08:42:48 PM »

I was thinking that as well, didn't he join NIN in 96? Spiral is 94, if I am not mistaken.

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2004, 10:01:27 PM »

im a guitarist and im tellin' you, Fink pulls off the SCOM solo not perfect but fucking million times better. He added in heaps more shit in it and it blew me away. Sure he might hit the wrong chord now n' then like some of you pointed out, but he's only fuckin' human guys. Slash fucked up from time to time, so will the next legendary guitarist. Buckethead never fucks up, 'cause he doesnt fuckin' move. Fink to me has the perfect look for GNR IMO, just because he doesnt wear flanalet shirts n' bandanas doesnt mean he doesnt fit. I like his image. ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2004, 10:12:03 PM »

First off Finck never played on a NIN album.
Trent plays EVERYTHING.
Finck just played on the ive album and live onthe tours.

Now about finck and scom.
Anyone who says finck cant play it, is just flat out lying.
Listen tothe intro, he plays it perfect.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2004, 10:18:10 PM »

you go dave!!
and listen to the Sossego song from RIR3! it is PERFECT! very very good!

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2004, 10:37:38 PM »

I know this has been going on for a while now, but it seems to have gotten worse since the supposed quitting of buckethead. Robin Finck is not a bad guitarist. not only is he not bad, he is exceptionally good. it makes me sick to see 50% of the fans of the new band say negative things about him. how can people say that he butcher's slash's solos? just because he doesn't play them exactly how slash does, doesn't mean he can't. he uses his own interpretation of the songs. i love how people will bash the new gnr as being a cover band, but then get pissed about the new members adding their own things. robin finck is the most valuable member of the new guns n' roses.

I fully agree!!!

And anyone who thinks Robin is a bad player, worse than Slash or whatever, doesn't know anything about music.

And take that one to your fuckin' heart!

N ! 3 |(
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2004, 10:46:52 PM »

First off Finck never played on a NIN album.
Trent plays EVERYTHING.
Finck just played on the ive album and live onthe tours.

Actually, guitars on The Downward Spiral are credited to Adrian Belew and Danny Lohner.  Same with The Fragile I think.

And Finck, I believe, is credited on the"Closer To God" and "Further Down The Spiral" EPs, but Im not sure to what extent his role was on either.

Now about finck and scom.
Anyone who says finck cant play it, is just flat out lying.
Listen tothe intro, he plays it perfect.

None of the ones Ive heard have been perfect.  Then again, I havent head all of them, but the point is he does mess it up.
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2004, 01:00:32 AM »

you go dave!!
and listen to the Sossego song from RIR3! it is PERFECT! very very good!
Yeah Sossego was just perfect... I mean, was really funny he speaking portuguese, but the crowd really liked and he showed how charismatic he can be...

And the brazilian (original) version of Sossego is not a guitar song... so, he just created that riffs.

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: