Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:31:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Lisbon...hello? Band and/or management have to speak out NOW!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lisbon...hello? Band and/or management have to speak out NOW!  (Read 17271 times)
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2004, 11:09:07 AM »

darknemus, STOP calling Axl a fucking recluse, and comparing GNR with bands like Evanescense. Mate, dude, fella, brother, in a way, i hope GNR fails because........other threads are suggesting the likes off WES BORLAND as a replace for ol' BH( if thats the case) in the band. People are tooooooooooooooooooo worried about todays trends and i know Axl doesnt give a flying fuck about the trends, man fuck people who are thinking this shit. PEOPLE, be yourself and fuck the trends...fuck it. Im sorry 'bout baggin' n' shit but the only person i consider a worthy poster is Masterion, but most people dont respect your posting...eg
" i dont know what it means, maybee he cant leave."
Get a fuckin' hint and stop questioning the man. Yeah its friday, im drunk,  all i want in the world is my favourite album, and i havent even heard it yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Lets stop bagging them until an official statment happens...i know it may not happen but lets stop this B.S.
IT IS NOT official that BH is gone,
IT IS official (IMO) that GNR are playing,(dizzy clarified it, it was the only thing he could mention in that fucked up interview in Chicago) (i think, im sorry)
IT IS official that GNR are stiil together
AND IT IS STILL official alot of people on this site are a bunch of fuckin' wankers...my self included but hey, lets just keep the respect happenin' otay.
"I KNOW IT LOOKS LIKE IM INSANE...TAKE A CLOSER LOOK IM NOT TO BLAME!!!"

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2004, 11:12:40 AM »

why don`t we talk about WHAT will happen in Lisboa if the don`t show up. I mean if it is not cancelled and the 100.000 people wait to see them but they don`t show up and then some guy goes on the stage and says: Sorry, but Axl is not here yet...

Not that I'd like to see it happen, but I'm afraid Philadelphia '02 is going to look like a walk in the park compared to what's gonna happen in Lisbon then.

and thats a pretty fucking scary thought!

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2004, 11:25:12 AM »

why don`t we talk about WHAT will happen in Lisboa if the don`t show up. I mean if it is not cancelled and the 100.000 people wait to see them but they don`t show up and then some guy goes on the stage and says: Sorry, but Axl is not here yet...

Not that I'd like to see it happen, but I'm afraid Philadelphia '02 is going to look like a walk in the park compared to what's gonna happen in Lisbon then.

and thats a pretty fucking scary thought!

I want to see that LIVE on TV!!!
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2004, 11:37:10 AM »

-darknemus

For the sake of the topic - wich isn't about fucking Evanescence or RIR (as a festival) at all - if you want to, then let's just discuss this seperately in "Bad Obsession" or via PM, ok?

peace

if they (gnr) don't tell us anything before rir then they will be there, they have too, if not, people will die in the major riots that will happen right after the fucker comes out on stage and says that axl isn't here yet. i'm not very tall so i might get stomped to death  nervous

but what i'm conserned about is when will they confirm? i'm spending more than a thousand bucks on that lisbon trip, and that is only to see gn'r... they better let me know if they're comming...

and i didn't like that rumor above from that brazillian mtv thing...

Anybody who spends over 1000 dollars to see that idiot Axl deserves what he gets when he inevitably gets shit on by Axl, & I, for one, will be laughing my ass off WHEN, not if, but WHEN that happens.

Ever hear the saying "a fool & his money are easily parted"?
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2004, 11:38:16 AM »

Axl doesn't care if he causes fans to waste money on travel expenses when he is not going to show.  Axl doesn't care about adding stress to someone who is not sure if he'll show up or not.  He just doesn't care.  

Oh wait, I am sure someone will say "for legal reasons Axl can't say if he'll show to his own concert.  RLMAO!!!!

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2004, 11:38:43 AM »

the riot gonna be great. all the blood, dead people and broken bones. You like it? yeah, i like it. it`s good. drool
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2004, 11:40:27 AM »

Axl doesn't care if he causes fans to waste money on travel expenses when he is not going to show.  Axl doesn't care about adding stress to someone who is not sure if he'll show up or not.  He just doesn't care.  

Oh wait, I am sure someone will say "for legal reasons Axl can't say if he'll show to his own concert.  RLMAO!!!!

No, first they'll flame you, then they'll say you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, then they'll say that he does care about the fans.

Then they'll say why should Axl confirm the gig when he'd look bad if he confirms, but then cancels anyway. In other words, he's such a fuck-up he can't reveal any future plans because he doesn't have his shit together enough to carry them out, so why mention them only to look bad later.

Anything to excuse his lame-ass.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 11:43:43 AM by providman » Logged
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2004, 11:47:29 AM »

No, first they'll flame you, then they'll say you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, then they'll say that he does care about the fans.

What a dumb thing to say.
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
He does care about the fans.
Sorry, had to do it  Grin

Anyway, people who are going to just see GNR should know there will always be a risk of him not showing up. It's the same for any concert (well, maybe a better chance with Axl). The way I see it, RIR would be the perfect risk to take to see GNR. If they don't show, there are plenty of other bands to see.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2004, 11:53:33 AM »

PROVIDMAN - Nice to know there are level headed people who love GNR's music, but can acknowledge what's right.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2004, 12:14:12 PM »

dark has a good point, most of you are overestimating the amount of people who will be at Lisbon to see Guns N' Roses. Fact is people will be there because it is "Rock in Rio", same reason that people drove all over the United States to go to the last 2 Woodstock shows, they in themselves are events. There is more going on at these types of shows than just the music.

I personally don't care what they release for info on the Rio show, but for the love of all things good and holy, just update us on the status of the band..........are there any members? Are they holding auditions for GnR 3.0? Did Axl turn around and sell the GnR name to a guy on the side of the road for 10 dollars, a bottle of nightrain and a BJ??

All I ask for is a status update.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2004, 02:36:10 PM »

Here is another rumor from Mygnrforum.. Who says something else...

Last night Dizzy was interviewed by some one from Alt.gnr newsgroup

Some of the highlights were

Dizzy said their is a replacement for Buckethead
Dizzy said that Band rehearsals start next month
Dizzy said Chinese Democracy is done and all that has to be done is Axl giving it the go.

Good news in though times for GNR Fans

Thanks GoLaLa
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2004, 02:43:51 PM »

Wasn't there an interview with Slash/Duff/Matt recently where one of them said that they heard Axl was trying to get new musicians for the Lisbon gig?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 02:46:47 PM by DazRose01 » Logged

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2004, 07:04:29 PM »

It seems like 2003/early 2004 could = finding replacement/rerecording parts.

They may have just not wanted to talk about it, they'd have rather covered up the fact that Bucket is gone and then played really good at RIR so it "doesn't matter" when they the new player took off the mask, bucket, and yellow jacket when Axl says "check out the new guitar player! Thought it was Buckethead, didn't ya? Well, he's gone."

I know a lot of people who would rather not say anything bad about something until they prove the way they do it is better, and Axl has got to be 20 times as bullheaded as any of them.

TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2004, 07:22:14 PM »

Proideman, PhillyRiot and others like Booker....we realists have taken a beating here haven't we?  We have been voices of steady reason and realistic expectations in a sea of optomisim and unrelenting misplaced euphoria.

Sucks to be right all the time.   Undecided

/Tulip
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2004, 07:32:46 PM »

Proideman, PhillyRiot and others like Booker....we realists have taken a beating here haven't we?  We have been voices of steady reason and realistic expectations in a sea of optomisim and unrelenting misplaced euphoria.

Sucks to be right all the time.   Undecided

/Tulip

You are an elitist and you believe you are smarter than everyone here. Your posts are snotty. Your attitude pisses people off. You take people's posts and "agree 100%" with them, but misconstrue them so they mean what you want them to mean.

I think YOU get a lot of shit because you are an ass.

TyRod Tulip
Banned
VIP

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2004, 07:58:33 PM »

You are an elitist and you believe you are smarter than everyone here. Your posts are snotty. Your attitude pisses people off. You take people's posts and "agree 100%" with them, but misconstrue them so they mean what you want them to mean.

I think YOU get a lot of shit because you are an ass.

Fair enough.  When you are right all the time like me...you expect backlash from others who are jealous of your intelligence.   rofl  Get serious.  I'm not an elitist and I never misconstrue posts.  Instead of giving me (or any of the other realists) shit, a simple "you know you were right about Axl being incapable of pulling this off" reply would have work.

Seriouslythough, keep the faith Peter Coffin.  I take it that you are an axl ball swinger.  Good for you.  ok   Hey..don't get too upset about these recent developments dude...I bet Axl has a master plan.  I bet it was his plan all along for the VMAs to go horribly...for the tour to fail...for BH to leave.   I'm sure if you just wait another 3 or 4 months you will have CD in hand.  Just be positive dude.  Its coming.  Axl loves you.  This is the year dude!  Axl rules.  Axl loves you.  It was Slash's fault.

Give me a fucking break....open your eyes, and before you rip into me, remember, it is still hard being right all the time so take it easy on me.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

/Tulip
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2004, 08:09:15 PM »

I won't take it easy on you. I'll take it easy on Booker, when I read his posts, I hear someone who is saying these things intelligently and not to instigate. But when I say, read your stuff, I think "wow. he's an ass."

I'm sure if you just wait another 3 or 4 months you will have CD in hand.  Just be positive dude.  Its coming.  Axl loves you.  This is the year dude!  Axl rules.  Axl loves you.  It was Slash's fault.

This is exactly what I am talking about. You automatically take my post and use it as "you are an idiot and you must have Axls cock down your throat because you said something contradicting me! I AM THE MIGHTY TULIP! LOOK AT MY JARMO RIP-OFF SIG!"

I am no Axl ballswinger. It's Axl's fault. He has no plan, he's insane. He has pulled out all the stops on his nutty rollercoaster.

But taking Axl completely out of the equasion, I just think posting about how you are one of the few voices of reason and always right is self-important, arrogant, and asinine. Ass.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 08:16:54 PM by PeterCoffin » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2004, 08:14:56 PM »

OK, enough.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TyRod Tulip
Banned
VIP

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2004, 08:15:34 PM »

I just think posting about how you are one of the few voices of reason and always right is self-important, arrogant, and asinine.

Very true.   Wink

I did say it as a joke even though I didn't use any emoticons to show that...but still very true.  And I apologize that I offended you.   Keep the faith.  CD is right around the corner.  I can feel it.

/Tulip
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2004, 08:18:28 PM »

Fuck you. I'm done with this.

Sorry Jarmo, that moron just can't accept that I am not up Axls ass, yet I don't like him.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 08:20:48 PM by PeterCoffin » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: