Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:14:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  On Axl, from NewGNR.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: On Axl, from NewGNR.com  (Read 19024 times)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« on: March 19, 2004, 09:15:25 PM »

Edit: This person turned out to be a hoax. /jarmo

I am sorry, i think i need to show them, i don't like how they talk about it all.

From someone named" Sumgi" up to the "? ? ? "at the end. Written a little while ago for us on www.newgnr.com.

I have been watching several of the GNR fan sites for several months now. I have been very aprehensive about leaving any responses, but now I feel is the time. I ask that you simply hear me out & take what I say to heart because it comes from within. Please do not ask me any questions since I will not be able to reply any time soon. It is in my best interest not to draw much attention to my self. That is why I am posting a message & not opening a new topic. Please accept my apologee.
You can say I have been a personal friend of Axl-from the very beginning. I know Axl as well as anyone. Despite what you may believe-AXL KNOWS HOW TO USE THE INTERNET! Please understand that the last 8 years have been some of the hardest that Axl has ever been through. You can say that he has been suffering from a "sad sickness". Not just stemming from the break up of life-long friendships, the band being dissolved into obscurity & the self-doubt & unimaginable pain that Axl has been experiencing in his heart. Axl feels very alone, scared & unsure of his role in history. Axl does not feel he deserves to be loved so he has some issues with self-respect. All he ever wanted was to have a nice "middle-class" home, a honest job & a true love. Instead he got catapulted into a "megolamania" he never quite felt part of. Does Axl realise he has many fans that need & want his music NOW? Yes he does, & he does care, he REALLY REALLY does. It brings tears to his eyes (literally) the fact that he knows he has let so many down. But Axl has never been a person who can express himself in a person-to-person context-that is why he uses his poetry to ellicit responses from people. He feels passionate about his music-the only thing he really honestly loves in this world. But he feels the burden of the world resting on his sholders. He does not know how to deal-that is it. He knows you guys & gals are out there-he is listening. Despite what you may think Axl is a very sensative & easily broken man. He lives each day with mind-numbing anxiety, depression, insomnia & goes into pschotic states every now & then. He knows the frustration you are all feeling-AND HE IS REALLY REALLY SORRY that it is bringing people stress. He just wants to make great music-music he is proud of. Please understand that this album has been in the recording process for over five years. Two years worth of "engineered music" has been completely scrapped due to it's funky industrial sound. The album that WILL BE RELEASED THIS YEAR BEFORE THE END OF SUMMER-will play hommage to Appetite & will silence all non-believers. Axl decided to back away from the "techno" aspects & instill a "classic rock groove". The completed songlist was tunred in a couple of months ago & is in the process of being assembled. (keep in mind Axl & crew recorded nearly three albums worth of new material). So it won't be long now-I promise you! In April there will be an OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE that will be self-explanatory. I hope you can wait a bit longer. Axl cares & loves all of you. He really wants to know you guys care & it hurts him that people are mistaking his "sickening level of anxiety" for him being an asshole who wants to piss people off. That is just not the case. Axl has felt like a god & he has felt like a begger & the hardest part was determining which one he was going to be for that day-what "role" was he going to play-what dillusion he was going to summon. Please look at your own lives-think about the times you felt self-doubt & self-pitty, or maybe you are experiencing this on a day-to-day like Axl, the point is, it is very hard for him to live in YOUR WORLD. Axl is not out having fun & getting laid with hot stippers as you all may think. He has been doing a good deal of soul searching & he is finding it increasingly hard to live in his skin. Those of you who know the pain know it's real- & those who don't can try to feel-please feel bad for Axl not angry. He meant no harm. He did not want to do anyone wrong. Thank you for listening. Axl would like to thank everyone who has supported him over the years over the tears & who continue to look to his words for answers. Axl has no answers-only questions like all of you do. But he too is looking for answers he will never get-and it drives him crazy. He cannot understand how life is so unfair to so many-he is truly hurt by this. He has tried being a good person & living a "good" life. But the deamons are allways within, always a step behind, always on my mind...Thanks for the memories.

? ? ?

« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 08:49:10 AM by jarmo » Logged

Nothing to say
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 09:26:19 PM »

if all axl wanted was a middle class house and a gecent job, i want a fat guy i can fuck before breakfast....

axl WANTS to be a rock star! well, wanted anyway.... he also said that he wanted illdusions to be bigger than AFD, so if that doesnt mean he wanna be a rock star, i dont know

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 09:43:06 PM »

I am sorry, i think i need to show them, i don't like how they talk about it all.

From someone named" Sumqi" up to the "? ? ? "at the end. Written a little while ago for us on www.newgnr.com.

I have been watching several of the GNR fan sites for several months now. I have been very aprehensive about leaving any responses, but now I feel is the time. I ask that you simply hear me out & take what I say to heart because it comes from within. Please do not ask me any questions since I will not be able to reply any time soon. It is in my best interest not to draw much attention to my self. That is why I am posting a message & not opening a new topic. Please accept my apologee.
You can say I have been a personal friend of Axl-from the very beginning. I know Axl as well as anyone. Despite what you may believe-AXL KNOWS HOW TO USE THE INTERNET! Please understand that the last 8 years have been some of the hardest that Axl has ever been through. You can say that he has been suffering from a "sad sickness". Not just stemming from the break up of life-long friendships, the band being dissolved into obscurity & the self-doubt & unimaginable pain that Axl has been experiencing in his heart. Axl feels very alone, scared & unsure of his role in history. Axl does not feel he deserves to be loved so he has some issues with self-respect. All he ever wanted was to have a nice "middle-class" home, a honest job & a true love. Instead he got catapulted into a "megolamania" he never quite felt part of. Does Axl realise he has many fans that need & want his music NOW? Yes he does, & he does care, he REALLY REALLY does. It brings tears to his eyes (literally) the fact that he knows he has let so many down. But Axl has never been a person who can express himself in a person-to-person context-that is why he uses his poetry to ellicit responses from people. He feels passionate about his music-the only thing he really honestly loves in this world. But he feels the burden of the world resting on his sholders. He does not know how to deal-that is it. He knows you guys & gals are out there-he is listening. Despite what you may think Axl is a very sensative & easily broken man. He lives each day with mind-numbing anxiety, depression, insomnia & goes into pschotic states every now & then. He knows the frustration you are all feeling-AND HE IS REALLY REALLY SORRY that it is bringing people stress. He just wants to make great music-music he is proud of. Please understand that this album has been in the recording process for over five years. Two years worth of "engineered music" has been completely scrapped due to it's funky industrial sound. The album that WILL BE RELEASED THIS YEAR BEFORE THE END OF SUMMER-will play hommage to Appetite & will silence all non-believers. Axl decided to back away from the "techno" aspects & instill a "classic rock groove". The completed songlist was tunred in a couple of months ago & is in the process of being assembled. (keep in mind Axl & crew recorded nearly three albums worth of new material). So it won't be long now-I promise you! In April there will be an OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE that will be self-explanatory. I hope you can wait a bit longer. Axl cares & loves all of you. He really wants to know you guys care & it hurts him that people are mistaking his "sickening level of anxiety" for him being an asshole who wants to piss people off. That is just not the case. Axl has felt like a god & he has felt like a begger & the hardest part was determining which one he was going to be for that day-what "role" was he going to play-what dillusion he was going to summon. Please look at your own lives-think about the times you felt self-doubt & self-pitty, or maybe you are experiencing this on a day-to-day like Axl, the point is, it is very hard for him to live in YOUR WORLD. Axl is not out having fun & getting laid with hot stippers as you all may think. He has been doing a good deal of soul searching & he is finding it increasingly hard to live in his skin. Those of you who know the pain know it's real- & those who don't can try to feel-please feel bad for Axl not angry. He meant no harm. He did not want to do anyone wrong. Thank you for listening. Axl would like to thank everyone who has supported him over the years over the tears & who continue to look to his words for answers. Axl has no answers-only questions like all of you do. But he too is looking for answers he will never get-and it drives him crazy. He cannot understand how life is so unfair to so many-he is truly hurt by this. He has tried being a good person & living a "good" life. But the deamons are allways within, always a step behind, always on my mind...Thanks for the memories.

? ? ?

Thanks for posting that Jessica.   Who is sumqi?
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 09:45:28 PM »

SumGi ( my error) is our mystery guest.

Someone you can all respect for finally giving us news.

Nothing to say
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 09:45:49 PM »

Nice one dude.
very nice. Smiley

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
CAZ
Opening Act

Welcome I

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 09:54:10 PM »

What "news"? Its not from Axl. There is no proof. Anyone can type that and make it up. Its obviously a fan (more likely in a world we live in) that has honest sympathy for Axl. If not then that's nice. But what proof is there that its someone close to Axl?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 10:00:20 PM »

It was written by paul tobais.  Tongue
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 10:01:06 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2004, 10:02:01 PM »

What "news"? Its not from Axl. There is no proof. Anyone can type that and make it up. Its obviously a fan (more likely in a world we live in) that has honest sympathy for Axl. If not then that's nice. But what proof is there that its someone close to Axl?

You're right, there is no valid proof. But there is no reason to doubt either.

As this person says, there should be an official announcement next month.
Dizzy said that the album was finished.

So if there is an official word by then, you'll know that person was legit, simple as this.

Nothing to say
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2004, 10:02:12 PM »

hey Jessica when was this posted?

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2004, 10:03:44 PM »

CCORN69 :

Sat, March 20th 2004 12:19 am

Nothing to say
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2004, 10:09:35 PM »

It could be Beta, Paul or Axl. Then again it could be Tom, Dick or Harry. Either way Jess you ignored this:

It is in my best interest not to draw much attention to my self. That is why I am posting a message & not opening a new topic.

Wink

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2004, 10:10:14 PM »

I could give multiple examples of cases when people have posted "inside" info and it turned out be lies.

Without any proof, I think there are reaons to doubt posts like that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2004, 10:11:22 PM »

thanks jessica ok
I guess we will find out in April if its true what he says, but ether way we have known Axl to be a troubled soul. and I can not imagine it has been easy for him to lose such old friends like slash and the rest of the gang.  That kind of thing takes its toll on you.  I just wonder who this person post is, this SumGi.
well peace peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2004, 10:11:59 PM »

cool read...but we will have to wait and see. Smiley

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
kockstar99
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2004, 10:13:02 PM »

smells like shit to me....

we will see if we get a press release in April... but even I could guess that...since its only a month before Rio... and obviously not comming out this month....

anyone can write that shit.... you should PM them and ask them to fucking prove it other wise its more shit....
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2004, 10:13:25 PM »

the album IS done, though that relates hardly to whether or not we will actually ever be able to hear it.
I don't believe this story, the poster who claims to know Axl. Most of us here are familiar with Axl's emotional/psychological history, and while what the poster mentioned about his anxiety and depression is not entirely inaccurate, the bits about how much his mental state has deteriorated, i think, is bullshit.
If Axl was truly fucked up now, i highly doubt he would have the wherewithall to release the album. This opinion comes from knowing a bit about psychology as well as having friends/family members who have suffered differing degrees of depression/anxiety/bi-polar disorder and all of its manifestations.
If he truly is worse off now than he has been, were not going to get anything. We may not get anything but i don't think its because Axl is too fucked up to deal with the world.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2004, 10:15:55 PM »

It's nice to think that the person was legit.

And if it was legit or not, I feel that Axl probably falls into that description somewhat.

Although I'm sure Mysteron will come along and say "Nope, no announcement planned for April."  hihi

We'll know in April.
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2004, 10:16:25 PM »

Rather simple - have the mods trace the IP of the poster.  If its in / around Los Angeles, I'd say it gets a bit more credibility..  If it originates in, for instance, Finland - then there might be some issues Wink

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2004, 10:19:00 PM »

Rather simple - have the mods trace the IP of the poster.  If its in / around Los Angeles, I'd say it gets a bit more credibility..  If it originates in, for instance, Finland - then there might be some issues Wink

-darknemus

Rather than use such a logical method of srting this whole thing out I think we should just rely on faith and hope. Tongue

J/k Wink

badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2004, 10:20:26 PM »

just out of curiousity, has anyone read Del James's shit? because if you are smart enough, you can detect patterns of speech, how someone writes... i've never read anything from him before, but...

i still don't believe it. i may have if the person didn't mention when the album was coming. lost credibility with me right there.
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2004, 10:20:43 PM »

As this person says, there should be an official announcement next month.
Dizzy said that the album was finished.

So if there is an official word by then, you'll know that person was legit, simple as this.

Just because there is no way to prove this wrong does not make it true. That is just awful reasoning.

As far as something offical coming next month, these imposters keep guessing when something will come, and by pure dumb luck they will be right.

Dizzy said the album was finished. How many times did he also say it would be out by "X" date? How many times was he right?

I want to believe this guy as much as the next person, but it is far too easy for someone to make this shit up.
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2004, 10:20:45 PM »

It sounds like it could be from a true source, but in the world of GNR, no one can believe anything.  I still believe in most of the content though.  It's all pretty obvious.

TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2004, 10:24:20 PM »

If it is true, then the best part of that post was that GNR scrapped the industrial crap and went back to the AFD rock/blues groove thing.  Could explain BH's departure.

The whole concept that BH has been out forover a year and that they have been recording new stuff over the past 6 months is intriguing and makes sense in a weird sort of way.

-TyRod-            <--------------- new signature to make Peter happy  Wink
SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2004, 10:24:50 PM »

Think about how many times liars have been busted on this board. Some as fast as 20 minutes, some within the day. Even the guy who GUESSED GnR to be a the VMAs lied about it. He was just a chump who guessed it right.

Think long and hard....it's been bullshit story after bullshit story.

So the probability of this being true?

Not very good. I'd say very very small.
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2004, 10:30:48 PM »

i don't get it. it its true that BH has been gone for a year, what possible sense does it make to announce it now?
can anyone suggest a scenario where that makes sense?
DizzyReed63
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2004, 10:47:30 PM »

This is just my opinion, but maybe Bucket was under contract w/ the band through a certain time. And so to keep things "legal" he waited until the right time. And maybe that's what threw off all the original plan? too many what ifs.

Whoever wrote that long post sure has a lot of time on his/her hands.
I agree, anyone who really wanted to try could write that... but heck, who knows. It's a good read, and if it's true, that's great, and we'll see.
Let's try not to stress about it, and just try to keep our eyes peeled for anything, as always, with reserved hopes.

Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2004, 10:48:11 PM »

Sounds like another raoxsle...
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2004, 10:49:38 PM »

just an FYI-- i have some contacts with the music industry, specifically a friend who can get info on exactly when Buckethead left Guns. Because if he left a year ago, that is certainly a better sign... i'll post when i find out.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2004, 11:08:58 PM »

All I can say is what an evening...I go from watching an emotionally devastating movie called "House of Sand and Fog" to an emotional and heart stirring read such as that post...Whether or not this has any modicum of truth, I'm completely emotionally strung out right about now....geez....let's all have a stiff drink..
Cheers
Joe
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2004, 11:17:07 PM »

i don't know, something about this post rings true in a weird way. It certainly fits in with my own ideas of the only possible reasons why axl hasn't released any new music in recent years, or why his behaviour has been so erratic. If you think about it, it fits in with a lot of things - why the old band imploded, the reasons we have heard for the "Philadelphia Incident", why the new band hasn't been more visible, etc.

obviously it could just as easily be creative writing, and who would be the wiser? Nobody on these message boards really knows anything for sure about our Uncle Axl.

I just hope that if it is true, Axl is aware that the real GNR fans miss him and are big fans of everything he has ever done. I think in deciding to keep the GNR name he placed a huge albatross around his neck and has been suffering from self-doubt ever since.

I just think he needs to let "Chinese Democracy" go. Fairly or unfairly, the GNR name has taken a beating recently so who cares anymore if the new album is poorly received. I'm sure the Sistine Chapel and Citizen Kane got their share of bad reviews. And I happen to think that the album will be excellent anyway. He made some mistakes like booking an arena tour before releasing the new album, but he can easily make up for it.

Axl just needs to put something out and let the chips fall where they may. I have serious doubts that any good news is imminent, but without hope there is no point in visiting this board or waiting for democracy to arrive in China.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 11:54:19 PM by axlsalinger » Logged

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2004, 11:28:39 PM »

Bi Polar just locked the original thread at newgnr for a very good reason that I can't reveal. Smiley

badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2004, 11:30:47 PM »

what does that mean??

and oneway-- i saw House of Sand and Fog.. made me want to slit my fuking wrists! so depressing.

oneway23
VIP

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2004, 11:30:47 PM »

That was quick..

Badgirl...I honestly thought the deranged deputy was going to slaughter the entire family at one point....From about half way in, it was so disturbing that I considered shutting it off every 5 minutes, but it was like a train wreck, in that gripping, completely entrancing sort of way...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 11:34:13 PM by oneway23 » Logged
madison
Banned
Headliner

'Worrying's a waste of my f*cking time'

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2004, 11:39:08 PM »

I could give multiple examples of cases when people have posted "inside" info and it turned out be lies.

/jarmo

I have to agree Jarmo.
It's an interesting read, but I think almost any dedicated fan could have written it.
And frankly,  I can't imagine Axl allowing a "friend" to post another album release date. I think Axl learned a long time ago not to give release dates -- let alone allow friends to post them on GNR forums.

anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2004, 11:45:12 PM »

/jarmo

I have to agree Jarmo.
It's an interesting read, but I think almost any dedicated fan could have written it.
And frankly,  I can't imagine Axl allowing a "friend" to post another album release date. I think Axl learned a long time ago not to give release dates -- let alone allow friends to post them on GNR forums.

Seriously guys, it was a hoax. Stop talking about it. Tongue

oneway23
VIP

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2004, 11:54:13 PM »

That's really fucking twisted and sad...There's actually someone with more idle time on their hands than me...Gotta commend whomever wrote that...Really tugged my heartstrings there for a moment...I think they just wanted to take advantage of the fact that I had yet to get over watching the film...
Joe
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2004, 11:54:30 PM »

/jarmo

That's a great point Jarmo made. My heart wants to think it's a member of Guns N' Roses but I know better.  

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2004, 11:55:36 PM »

what does that mean??

and oneway-- i saw House of Sand and Fog.. made me want to slit my fuking wrists! so depressing.

oh gee, i can't wait to see it. Cheesy

anywho, even if you don't believe the guy, some of the mistruths or truths he used could be explanations. Such as him scrapping the whole industrial sound. That would be a real good reason for the delay, but i was actually hoping to here some of that stuff, not straight industrial, but 3 or 4 songs on each album, just to see what he did. I remember reading an article in time when "oh my god" came out and they had very, very high praise for it, I think the reason that song gets bad press around here is because some people don't want axl to change his style. And I do feel bad for axl sometimes, even if I say stuff like he's an asshole, it's just because I am being selfish.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 11:59:39 PM by axls#2 » Logged

What Goes around comes around!
bucketsofAXL
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2004, 12:40:37 AM »

anyone notice at the end the person says "on my mind"

and at the end its kinda signed   Huh

axl or del?

maybe this is wishful thinking but I kinda think there is somethig to this.  

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2004, 12:49:02 AM »

the person who wrote that really seems to have quite a bit of insight on the feelings that they described
whether from their own personal experience or from dealing with someone who has been through it
it really was heart stirring...

a few hoped it to be true  ? ? ?
obvioulsy hoping for example that april will bring an announcement and that the cd is done/ready for release by end of summer etc...
but I would rather it not be true
it describes such a sad Axl Sad

i'm going over to new gnr to check out what the deal was
« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 12:49:49 AM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2004, 12:49:59 AM »

If it is true, then the best part of that post was that GNR scrapped the industrial crap and went back to the AFD rock/blues groove thing.  Could explain BH's departure.

The whole concept that BH has been out forover a year and that they have been recording new stuff over the past 6 months is intriguing and makes sense in a weird sort of way.

-TyRod-            <--------------- new signature to make Peter happy  Wink

Buckethead never made industrial songs... and, around 1997, didn't the Pearl Jam drummer said "it will be more AFD than people think"?

Most of the new membres were touring during the last six months... Dizzy was touring, Tommy was touring, BH was probably out, Brain played loits of shows with Buckethead...

So who was changing things on CD? Axl and the superheroes "Pittman and Robin"? OK, there's no Battmnan ans Robin, but that's a good start...

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2004, 01:21:44 AM »

I love how the person who wrote it spelled "apologee". Awesome, I didn't believe it after the first sentence.  rofl

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
alwaysoutparading
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2004, 02:04:01 AM »

Don't you guys get it?? It's not about the post being from an insider or not. This person is trying to give us a positive-human explanation for why Axl seems to have so many problems delivering CD.  If it actually is someone on the inside like Beta or Del or even Axl himself then take it for what it is - someone who has a positive view of Axl and feels a little bit sorry for him and wants to let us know everything is okay.  If it is "bullshit" - then you can still take it for what it was originally meant - someone who has a positive view of Axl and wants to spread it.  Either appreciate that and try to think of him as a human being (not a fucking product) or don't.  
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2004, 02:17:18 AM »

I myself always try to spread positive thoughts about Axl...
and encourage optimism regarding GN'R and CD.

I like to hear fans supporting Axl.  Thats is all good and well...

PRETENDING TO KNOW AXL IS NOT COOL
PRETENDING TO BE AXL -  AGAIN NOT COOL
KNOWINGLY GIVING FALSR INFO UNDER THE ABOVE PRETENSES...  REALLY FUCKED UP

It seems that the admin there found it to be a hoax.  
Some of the latter posts suggest that it was another poster who was posting in the same thread - replying repeatedly to the 'sumgi' post

(ps:  "sumgi" = some guy)

I'm glad that it is not really about Axl  - What they wrote really made me feel sad.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 02:19:31 AM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2004, 03:27:55 AM »

So this was a hoax? It was indeed a very interesting read.  Describes what Axl's going through or what I think he's going through which made me beleive it.  Hopefully it IS true and we will get a press release.  I'm ready for it.
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2004, 05:02:38 AM »

i've said multiple times on here that Axl clearly has an anxiety disorder, because i've had one and i can see the symptoms as clear as day in him. Everybody always says, "no it's part of his plan" or some BS. If this writing is true, then hopefully it sheds some light on what he goes through and the burdens we place on him. Like the man said, live your lives. Vicarious existence is a fucking waste of time.

if releasing this album will give him peace of mind, he should do it. If retiring and never being heard from again will give him peace of mind, as much as i want to hear his music, he should do it. we are but followers of his legacy. he may owe us an album for all the BS we've had to put up with, but he owes us none of himself, and everything of himself is what we sometimes demand.
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2004, 05:59:13 AM »

AXL KNOWS HOW TO USE THE INTERNET!

No shit

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
rocktar81
Leaving this board
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2004, 07:00:38 AM »

Axl is just a human beeing as you, as me, as us. He is not a super human.
If it's over, well ok it's over. This is not a drama. Nobody will be killed or will die, it's just about music, fun. I hope Axl find peace in his life and in his soul.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 07:01:44 AM by rocktar81 » Logged
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2004, 07:40:20 AM »

Axl is just a human beeing as you, as me, as us. He is not a super human.
If it's over, well ok it's over. This is not a drama. Nobody will be killed or will die, it's just about music, fun. I hope Axl find peace in his life and in his soul.

Well said mate Wink

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2004, 07:44:09 AM »

well... if this guy actually knows Axl or not, i don't know, and i don't really care, but there is some truth in his words, Axl, just like everyone must have his own demons, and must suffer from all this waiting and the fear of failing, he is only human. i know Axl will come thru. he always did, and his music lets us know that he is a passionate human being and very real, with the same problems as we all have. i for one, don't need a pep talk to stick around, i've been a fan for so long that nothing can bring me down. in the end we'll see what happens.

Chinese Democracy!
BucketRose
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2004, 09:47:31 AM »

Edit: This person turned out to be a hoax. /jarmo

From someone named" Sumgi" up to the "? ? ? "at the end. Written a little while ago for us on www.newgnr.com.

Axl has no answers-only questions like all of you do. But he too is looking for answers he will never get-and it drives him crazy. .

Sweet fucking Jesus...how could anyone have considered that the post was still valid after reading THAT?!?!  This fuckwad claims to be some kind of close friend of Axl...but they have to resort to lyrics of "Dead Horse" to try and decipher Axl's psyche and struggles in life.  Fucking amateur horseshit...I wasn't impressed in the slightest.  I hope the next impostor will be a bit more creative.  

Anyone else noticed this?  This board has become more about disproving rumors and "outing" impostors than it is about GnR.

Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: