Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:28:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  On Axl, from NewGNR.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: On Axl, from NewGNR.com  (Read 19025 times)
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2004, 10:20:43 PM »

SumGi ( my error) is our mystery guest.

Someone you can all respect for finally giving us news.

What "news"? Its not from Axl. There is no proof. Anyone can type that and make it up. Its obviously a fan (more likely in a world we live in) that has honest sympathy for Axl. If not then that's nice. But what proof is there that its someone close to Axl?

You're right, there is no valid proof. But there is no reason to doubt either.

As this person says, there should be an official announcement next month.
Dizzy said that the album was finished.

So if there is an official word by then, you'll know that person was legit, simple as this.

Just because there is no way to prove this wrong does not make it true. That is just awful reasoning.

As far as something offical coming next month, these imposters keep guessing when something will come, and by pure dumb luck they will be right.

Dizzy said the album was finished. How many times did he also say it would be out by "X" date? How many times was he right?

I want to believe this guy as much as the next person, but it is far too easy for someone to make this shit up.
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2004, 10:20:45 PM »

It sounds like it could be from a true source, but in the world of GNR, no one can believe anything.  I still believe in most of the content though.  It's all pretty obvious.

TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2004, 10:24:20 PM »

If it is true, then the best part of that post was that GNR scrapped the industrial crap and went back to the AFD rock/blues groove thing.  Could explain BH's departure.

The whole concept that BH has been out forover a year and that they have been recording new stuff over the past 6 months is intriguing and makes sense in a weird sort of way.

-TyRod-            <--------------- new signature to make Peter happy  Wink
SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2004, 10:24:50 PM »

Think about how many times liars have been busted on this board. Some as fast as 20 minutes, some within the day. Even the guy who GUESSED GnR to be a the VMAs lied about it. He was just a chump who guessed it right.

Think long and hard....it's been bullshit story after bullshit story.

So the probability of this being true?

Not very good. I'd say very very small.
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2004, 10:30:48 PM »

i don't get it. it its true that BH has been gone for a year, what possible sense does it make to announce it now?
can anyone suggest a scenario where that makes sense?
DizzyReed63
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2004, 10:47:30 PM »

This is just my opinion, but maybe Bucket was under contract w/ the band through a certain time. And so to keep things "legal" he waited until the right time. And maybe that's what threw off all the original plan? too many what ifs.

Whoever wrote that long post sure has a lot of time on his/her hands.
I agree, anyone who really wanted to try could write that... but heck, who knows. It's a good read, and if it's true, that's great, and we'll see.
Let's try not to stress about it, and just try to keep our eyes peeled for anything, as always, with reserved hopes.

Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2004, 10:48:11 PM »

Sounds like another raoxsle...
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2004, 10:49:38 PM »

just an FYI-- i have some contacts with the music industry, specifically a friend who can get info on exactly when Buckethead left Guns. Because if he left a year ago, that is certainly a better sign... i'll post when i find out.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2004, 11:08:58 PM »

All I can say is what an evening...I go from watching an emotionally devastating movie called "House of Sand and Fog" to an emotional and heart stirring read such as that post...Whether or not this has any modicum of truth, I'm completely emotionally strung out right about now....geez....let's all have a stiff drink..
Cheers
Joe
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2004, 11:17:07 PM »

i don't know, something about this post rings true in a weird way. It certainly fits in with my own ideas of the only possible reasons why axl hasn't released any new music in recent years, or why his behaviour has been so erratic. If you think about it, it fits in with a lot of things - why the old band imploded, the reasons we have heard for the "Philadelphia Incident", why the new band hasn't been more visible, etc.

obviously it could just as easily be creative writing, and who would be the wiser? Nobody on these message boards really knows anything for sure about our Uncle Axl.

I just hope that if it is true, Axl is aware that the real GNR fans miss him and are big fans of everything he has ever done. I think in deciding to keep the GNR name he placed a huge albatross around his neck and has been suffering from self-doubt ever since.

I just think he needs to let "Chinese Democracy" go. Fairly or unfairly, the GNR name has taken a beating recently so who cares anymore if the new album is poorly received. I'm sure the Sistine Chapel and Citizen Kane got their share of bad reviews. And I happen to think that the album will be excellent anyway. He made some mistakes like booking an arena tour before releasing the new album, but he can easily make up for it.

Axl just needs to put something out and let the chips fall where they may. I have serious doubts that any good news is imminent, but without hope there is no point in visiting this board or waiting for democracy to arrive in China.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 11:54:19 PM by axlsalinger » Logged

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2004, 11:28:39 PM »

Bi Polar just locked the original thread at newgnr for a very good reason that I can't reveal. Smiley

badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2004, 11:30:47 PM »

what does that mean??

and oneway-- i saw House of Sand and Fog.. made me want to slit my fuking wrists! so depressing.

oneway23
VIP

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2004, 11:30:47 PM »

That was quick..

Badgirl...I honestly thought the deranged deputy was going to slaughter the entire family at one point....From about half way in, it was so disturbing that I considered shutting it off every 5 minutes, but it was like a train wreck, in that gripping, completely entrancing sort of way...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 11:34:13 PM by oneway23 » Logged
madison
Banned
Headliner

'Worrying's a waste of my f*cking time'

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2004, 11:39:08 PM »

I could give multiple examples of cases when people have posted "inside" info and it turned out be lies.

Without any proof, I think there are reaons to doubt posts like that.

/jarmo

I have to agree Jarmo.
It's an interesting read, but I think almost any dedicated fan could have written it.
And frankly,  I can't imagine Axl allowing a "friend" to post another album release date. I think Axl learned a long time ago not to give release dates -- let alone allow friends to post them on GNR forums.

anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2004, 11:45:12 PM »

I could give multiple examples of cases when people have posted "inside" info and it turned out be lies.

/jarmo

I have to agree Jarmo.
It's an interesting read, but I think almost any dedicated fan could have written it.
And frankly,  I can't imagine Axl allowing a "friend" to post another album release date. I think Axl learned a long time ago not to give release dates -- let alone allow friends to post them on GNR forums.

Seriously guys, it was a hoax. Stop talking about it. Tongue

oneway23
VIP

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2004, 11:54:13 PM »

That's really fucking twisted and sad...There's actually someone with more idle time on their hands than me...Gotta commend whomever wrote that...Really tugged my heartstrings there for a moment...I think they just wanted to take advantage of the fact that I had yet to get over watching the film...
Joe
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2004, 11:54:30 PM »

/jarmo

That's a great point Jarmo made. My heart wants to think it's a member of Guns N' Roses but I know better.  

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2004, 11:55:36 PM »

what does that mean??

and oneway-- i saw House of Sand and Fog.. made me want to slit my fuking wrists! so depressing.

oh gee, i can't wait to see it. Cheesy

anywho, even if you don't believe the guy, some of the mistruths or truths he used could be explanations. Such as him scrapping the whole industrial sound. That would be a real good reason for the delay, but i was actually hoping to here some of that stuff, not straight industrial, but 3 or 4 songs on each album, just to see what he did. I remember reading an article in time when "oh my god" came out and they had very, very high praise for it, I think the reason that song gets bad press around here is because some people don't want axl to change his style. And I do feel bad for axl sometimes, even if I say stuff like he's an asshole, it's just because I am being selfish.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 11:59:39 PM by axls#2 » Logged

What Goes around comes around!
bucketsofAXL
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2004, 12:40:37 AM »

anyone notice at the end the person says "on my mind"

and at the end its kinda signed   Huh

axl or del?

maybe this is wishful thinking but I kinda think there is somethig to this.  

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2004, 12:49:02 AM »

the person who wrote that really seems to have quite a bit of insight on the feelings that they described
whether from their own personal experience or from dealing with someone who has been through it
it really was heart stirring...

a few hoped it to be true  ? ? ?
obvioulsy hoping for example that april will bring an announcement and that the cd is done/ready for release by end of summer etc...
but I would rather it not be true
it describes such a sad Axl Sad

i'm going over to new gnr to check out what the deal was
« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 12:49:49 AM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: