Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:51:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Afraid (Theory about Axl & "Chinese Democarcy")
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Afraid (Theory about Axl & "Chinese Democarcy")  (Read 5554 times)
BenDrinking
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: March 20, 2004, 02:06:43 PM »

After being a long time GNR fan and having to wait year after year for the new GNR album, each year hearing from the band that this year would be the year, I have come up with a "theory" regarding Axl and the new GNR album "Chinese Democracy".

I believe that "Chinese Democracy", or any other album by GNR, will NEVER see the light of day. And this is why:

Axl is scared. When Appetite came out, it made Axl, and the rest of GNR, immediate successes. With the release of Lies and the Use Your Illusion albums, the success of Axl and GNR only grew. To put it bluntly, when it comes to putting out a successful album, Axl Rose has never failed. Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt, Dizzy and Gilby have all released albums (either solo or with other bands) and the records have all been commercial disappointments (It remains to be seen how the new Velvet Revolver album will be received). It is because of this that Axl is so tentative about releasing any new material (Except for "Oh My God", we haven't seen anything new for over 10 years). As of today, Axl is still a success. A winner. A musician who has never NOT put out a successful album. How many musicians do you know that can make that claim to fame? Further more, right now, Axl can attribute all of GNR?s successes to himself. If ?Chinese Democracy? is released and is a failure, Axl will have to admit that the success of GNR is not his alone. He will have to admit that he needs Slash and Duff and Izzy, forever crushing his illusion (no pun intended) that he is the MAN. Axl is so scared of losing that status that he would rather be know as a temperamental front man who could never complete an album, than someone who put out an album and failed.

Now some of you might say, "Hasn't Axl failed already by NOT being able to release an album?" The answer is no, because in Axl's head, that could be construed as other peoples failures, not his. "The record company didn't support my creative process so I wasn?t able to finish the album", "My ever changing line up made it impossible to release any new material". You see, in Axl's head, not being able to release an album is not his fault. He has not failed. But if he does release an album, and it tanks, he will tarnish his perfect record of success and will crush his ego so badly, he might just go off and kill himself. Not releasing this album is a matter of self preservation for Axl Rose.

In conclusion, I believe that Chinese Democracy" will never be release. I, for one, am done waiting. When will you get tiered of Alx?s BS?? But hey, at lease Axl can still think of himself as a success.

Just my thoughts.

Ben
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 02:16:50 PM »

Seems you put a lot of thought into things but i would have to disagree Axl ain't blind and he can see a hell of a lot of people see him as a joke these days and he has something to prove.  As for getting tired of waiting, i am tired but i ain't falling asleep, i'll keep waiting
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 02:19:37 PM »

tsi?? and live era were both seen as failures.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 02:24:23 PM »

tsi?? and live era were both seen as failures.

Maybe the poster is getting at the fact that all his 'studio' albums of 'new' material have been successful, TSI? was a covers album and Live Era was well....er.....live
BenDrinking
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2004, 02:28:56 PM »

2NaFish,

I am talking about "new" material. TSI was a collections of covers (And for a collections of cover songs, I think it didn't do half bad) and Live Era was a live CD compilation. In either case, there was no "new" GNR material. Thus my point stands. Axl Rose has never released an unsuccessful album of "new" matirial.

Ben
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2004, 02:32:22 PM »

Axl does seem to be afriad to release the album - but at the same time he has had to contend with more than his fair share of problems, more people have come and gone during the making of this than possibly any band in history.

Every time he has indicated its almost done someone else goes and everything has to be halted.

I don't think there is any one explanation for whats going on - or more likely whats not going on.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Sun King
Opening Act

I won't be told anymore

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004, 02:36:48 PM »

I totally believe that ?Chinese Democracy? will be a commercial success! As for whether it will be critically acclaimed is another matter, but who the fuck gives a damn? Illusion?s had their share of criticism but it never stopped the people that matter from enjoying them?US!  ok

The songs that the new GNR has played live so far have (mostly) been met with very positive responses and I would think Axl will know this from various internet sites and audience response. peace
« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 02:38:38 PM by Sun King » Logged
EvilSmurf
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2004, 02:42:33 PM »

I think Axl also realizes that if he does release CD and it is a success it would solidify his place in history as one of the greatest figures in rock n' roll history (we, as fans, already know this but the general public doesn't believe this; people mostly view him as a crazy dictator who destroyed potentially one of the greatest bands of all time or a singer during the unimportant HAIR BAND era). For a guy to leave on top of the game and come back after 10+ YEARS has NEVER been done before and they'll be building statues of him next to Jagger and Lennon years from now if he pulls it off. He knows this and that's why this album is so important to him.
winter_rose
Staremaster
Headliner

You?re one in a million

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2004, 03:37:24 PM »

I totally believe that ?Chinese Democracy? will be a commercial success! As for whether it will be critically acclaimed is another matter, but who the fuck gives a damn? Illusion?s had their share of criticism but it never stopped the people that matter from enjoying them?US!  ok

I believe that Chinese Democracy will definitly be a commercial success because a lot of people will want to know what a cd that takes ten years to make sounds like.

I think that in a way Axl is scared to release CD in view of the amount of publicity it will recieve and all the critics that will ready to bash it and eat him alive - i know that i would be. But then saying that he's done it before and should be able to do it again. I think he will release it as i don't believe he would put so much trouble into it and then leave it on the shelf to rot.

I got a thought that would be nice
I like to crush your head tight in my vice - PAIN!!!!!
Sun King
Opening Act

I won't be told anymore

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2004, 04:26:13 PM »

I believe that Chinese Democracy will definitly be a commercial success because a lot of people will want to know what a cd that takes ten years to make sounds like.

I think that in a way Axl is scared to release CD in view of the amount of publicity it will recieve and all the critics that will ready to bash it and eat him alive - i know that i would be. But then saying that he's done it before and should be able to do it again. I think he will release it as i don't believe he would put so much trouble into it and then leave it on the shelf to rot.

Geffen will never let Axl 'Leave it on the shelf to rot'. Far too much money has been invested in this piece of work!
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2004, 04:30:51 PM »

He needs to quit being such a pussy and release his masterpieces.  This will always be my opinion until CD actually hits the shelves.  Yes it will be a success, it's been talked about way too much over the years for it not to be.  Think about it, if it was released years ago would people still be talking about it as much?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2004, 04:51:56 PM »

Axl could be worried that CD might not be well received. I think he is overanalyzing the situation, spending too much time making sure every note is perfect. I`m sure the whole Geffen situation with the Greatest Hits release is affecting things also. Would you want to release your materpiece and let the label make money off you when the go and release the Greatest Hits CD without the band`s consent?

I hate to say it, but we may be waiting even longer. Don`t hold your breath folks.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
TIPSY
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2004, 05:23:54 PM »

August 29th, 2002
Post VMA interview by MTV's Kurt Loder
MTV August 29th, 2002

MTV's Kurt Loder interviewed Axl right after GN'R closed the 2002 MTV Video Music Awards at New York City's Radio City Music Hall.
---

Kurt: Hi, here we are again backstage again. Axl Rose - he's back!

Axl: [laughs]

Kurt: What took you so long?

Axl: I was just trying to put this monstrosity together

(monstrosity = circus and even Axl knows it.)

Kurt: What's gonna happen now? Is Chinese Democracy going to come out? Are we gonna see it soon?

Axl: Umm you'll see it, I dont know if soon is the word. But it will come out and we will, we'll go back, we'll do some more recording and then we'll start the American leg of the tour... And see how it goes from there.

(we all witnessed the fiasco.  Also, go watch this video interview on mygnr.com.  Notice how Axl looks so unsure.)

Kurt: This has taken a long time.

Axl: Yeah, but it's also how do you rebuild something that got so big and replace virtually every person on the crew, every single thing.

(reason why it's taking forever as Axl is trying to recreate the greatness he had with the old guys and it's not working)

And how do you make a whole bunch of guys that are something else into something that already was. I dont know if it's exactly been done like this. And not with the intensity of these players wanting to play the material.

(funny, then why are all the members doing solos?  This statement contradicts BH leaving too.  Looks like BH was promised the world and nothing happened so he took all the chicken back that Axl removed from his KFC bucket and 86'd it.)

Read between the lines in any GNR member's interviews or comments.  No one has any idea what the fuck is happening or going on and that is the bottom line unfortunately.

MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2004, 06:07:25 PM »

This crap that Geffen calls "Gratest Hits" is selling incredibly well. That about says it all about CD's succes

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2004, 03:49:01 AM »

There is lots of pressure with this album. The longer he waits/delays the more pressure is built up. At this point it is safe to say that he is the main cause of the delays. I'm sure he's insecure about it too. I have no idea of how successful it will be. I think if most critics rip it apart it will affect album sales.
badapple81
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2004, 04:39:23 AM »

There is lots of pressure with this album. The longer he waits/delays the more pressure is built up. At this point it is safe to say that he is the main cause of the delays. I'm sure he's insecure about it too. I have no idea of how successful it will be. I think if most critics rip it apart it will affect album sales.

Agreed.. this 'Chinese Democracy' project has been mentioned and talked about for so long, and built up so much, the pressure must be enormous.

I even wonder if Axl has considered renaming it to take some of the pressue that the name Chinese Democracy has on it.

I think as time has gone on, Axl would have changed its style a little as the trends changed a bit. Maybe since say 2000, he said "hang on, this is the way I want this album to sound now"... maybe he did experiment and has gone back a step or two..  Huh
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2004, 07:59:05 AM »

TSI did sell well but its not the best album they did and the Live Era I would say failed but the Greatest Hits has sold very well but each we dont see or hear any news about Chinese Democracy its more pressure on Axl to get the album I think songs like The Blues and Madagascar or perfect I would love to hear them in studio quality. But whatever Axl releases we love well I do Oh My God is a kick ass track also just wait and at the moment I am unsure what will happen now about the Album well I guess once again time will only tell!

EEEERRRR Little boy
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2004, 08:29:47 AM »

Maybe he's waiting for precisely the right time for the album's release, like when it'll create the most impact on the world.

E.g like when GN'R first came out, the right band at the right time. Same thing but with the album

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: