Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:01:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash appears in Cypress Hill video
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash appears in Cypress Hill video  (Read 3521 times)
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« on: March 22, 2004, 12:58:53 AM »

Anybody seen the video for the new Cypress Hill song "What's Your Number"?  I was watching it the other day, and Slash made a brief appearance.  That was really cool.  Slash was in the video for The Strokes' "Someday", too...he seems to be making a side career of making cameos in videos.  He's made good choices so far, though.  Cypress Hill are the best rap group out there.  They have a unique sound that's based equally on rap and rock, which helps Slash fit in there.  The guy from Rancid was in the video too.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 07:16:59 AM »

Anybody seen the video for the new Cypress Hill song "What's Your Number"?  I was watching it the other day, and Slash made a brief appearance.  That was really cool.  Slash was in the video for The Strokes' "Someday", too...he seems to be making a side career of making cameos in videos.  He's made good choices so far, though.  Cypress Hill are the best rap group out there.  They have a unique sound that's based equally on rap and rock, which helps Slash fit in there.  The guy from Rancid was in the video too.

Even at their peak in '91, '92, Cypress Hill was nowhere near the best rap group out there.  But they are still one of the greats, and deserve a lot of respect for sticking around as long as they have.  Theyve just started to put more "rock" (this consists mostly of adding electric guitars) into their music, but theyre still predominantly rap.  Dont really like the new single.

But yes, its cool to see Slash in there.  In the "Making Of..." feature they played on MTV2 (Im assuming its off of a CH DVD), the video crew had some really nice things to say about him.

I loved Slashs appearence in the Strokes video. ok
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 05:30:33 AM »

Haven't seen the video, but I would definately say I  am a cypress fan and own a few of their CD's.  Maybe they could tour with Velvet Revolver........

SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2004, 03:58:18 AM »

Aren't they pretty good buds with all those guys in VR?
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2004, 04:13:38 PM »

I guess you guys know that Slash (not sure but I guess Duff & Matt also) played  with Cypress Hill on some TV show (Jimmy Kimmel?) the song Rock Superstar & also Paradise City.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: