Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 03:35:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR Sold Out
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Sold Out  (Read 9661 times)
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« on: March 23, 2004, 05:31:43 PM »

Guns N' Roses greatest hits is sold out over Play.com and thats really good news lol. See GN'R still got it.

EEEERRRR Little boy
KZiggy
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 05:43:37 PM »

Guns N' Roses greatest hits is sold out over Play.com and thats really good news lol. See GN'R still got it.
Yeah! Guns N' Roses still got it!! But dont confuse, it aint got nothing to with buckets, stars wars lookin freaks aka the """new""" ..something

Not everything thats called Coca-Cola taste like Coca-Cola. Check out the real deal at www.beenafix.com
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 05:51:42 PM »

Damn i was about to buy the GH off there...sonsof.... rant

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 05:52:26 PM »

Yeah! Guns N' Roses still got it!! But dont confuse, it aint got nothing to with buckets, stars wars lookin freaks aka the """new""" ..something

I guess the new band really has ruined the GN'R name since the Greatest Hits album is selling better than Live Era did (which was released before the new band had even played one show).  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 05:54:37 PM »

Live Era was released when people still thought the old GNR was together (im talking bout mainstream fans not die hards) but now that they know its over they crave for OLD GNR  Tongue
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 06:04:23 PM »

Before we start thinking they sold a gazillion copies - let's ponder the fact they might have had limited stock to start with.

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2004, 06:46:46 PM »

Live Era was released when people still thought the old GNR was together (im talking bout mainstream fans not die hards) but now that they know its over they crave for OLD GNR  Tongue

nah, casual fans probably thought GN'R were split up when Liva Era was released, and they most likely still do!

and they're right, right?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2004, 06:49:34 PM »

there's assloads at best buy but people are still buying them. It's only $7.99 there!

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2004, 07:23:15 PM »

I broke down and bought it

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2004, 07:54:08 PM »

Honestly, the new GnR had zero impact on this CD selling at all. I am sure their plus/minus is zero.

The promotion probably helped a hell of a lot. Live Era had close to zero. It was also at a time when CD's cost more, plus it was a double album. Plus its a great CD for a casual listener. Live Era was not.

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2004, 07:54:08 PM »

I sat infront of the greatest hits and pimped Appetite for Destruction.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2004, 08:00:52 PM »

I guess the new band really has ruined the GN'R name since the Greatest Hits album is selling better than Live Era did (which was released before the new band had even played one show).  Tongue

/jarmo

Live albums generally don't sell very well anyway.
I don't think that Greatest Hits is selling just because of the new band, especially when there are NO new band songs on there.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2004, 08:15:15 PM »

I didn't say it was selling because of the new band.

Some people like to blame Axl for ruining the name Guns N' Roses, obviously people are still buying GN'R albums.

I think people understand that the new band is different from the old one....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2004, 08:47:37 PM »

When do U.S album sales info come out? can you find out the day after? or is it a week? anyways over at play.com its listed as the #2 best seller behind that bastard george michaels. and is that new eminem cd "eminem is back" a new album with original material? Just wondering because I would have thought he would be at #1 unless he has lost alot of fans since his last release.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2004, 08:56:10 PM by axls#2 » Logged

What Goes around comes around!
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2004, 09:06:39 PM »

nah, casual fans probably thought GN'R were split up when Liva Era was released, and they most likely still do!

and they're right, right?

yeah wath is guns n roses these days ey? i mean who's in the band?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Hung Well
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2004, 12:40:20 AM »

I didn't say it was selling because of the new band.

Some people like to blame Axl for ruining the name Guns N' Roses, obviously people are still buying GN'R albums.

I think people understand that the new band is different from the old one....

/jarmo

I think most people are unaware that a new GNR exists.  

Of those who are aware, I doubt all that many would be deterred from buying a GH CD because of Axl's current lineup... especially when that lineup is non-existant in the GNR section at music stores.

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2004, 12:43:49 AM »

Nice topic title!  Better be the same for U.S. as well.  Maybe the record company is trying to get the GN'R name back out there and it's all going to work out for the better.
BucketRose
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2004, 03:00:44 AM »

From what I can tell, GH is selling fairly well....so I think there's a good chance that if C.D. is ever released, it won't be able to outsell GH.  Before you say I'm full of shit...just remember that GH is built on the momentum of a band that was able to sell 80 million records worldwide.  People know and love these songs...as for the nu-GnR...it remains to be seen how good the music will be.  My guess is that it won't be able to hold up to the old GnR's catalogue.  The nu-GnR isn't even recognized as "true" GnR by most fans...so I'll bet that many of the potential buyers from C.D. would distance themselves from C.D....due to Axl's absurd insistence to call his solo band GnR.  You'd never know it if you spent all your time hanging out on this board for your GnR perspective....but there are ALOT of GnR fans out there who are pissed off that Axl is still calling his hired band Guns N Roses.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2004, 03:37:21 AM »

This cd is doing much better than anyone xpected......i thought it would sell along the lines of LIVE ERA but it's doing remarkbly well especially in europe

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
SuicideUZI
Headliner

Kill Your Idols

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2004, 04:16:51 AM »

greatest hits albums always sell good, has nothin to do with the new members of the band or what gnr is or isnt doing at the moment,  the diehard fans are going to buy it even tho they already have every song and people that maybe have or havent bought any GNR albums but know they like a few of their songs will buy it just so they can have all the "greatest" songs on one CD.  Most bands greatest hits albums do better sales than their regular albums.  The Eagles greatest hits album is the best selling album of all time.  Tho I dont see the GNR GH album selling anywhere close to AFD.

now the damge is done
and we're back out on the run
funny how everything was roses
when we held onto the guns
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: