Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 10:52:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227829 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR Sold Out
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Sold Out  (Read 9659 times)
BucketRose
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2004, 11:24:46 AM »

Most bands greatest hits albums do better sales than their regular albums.  The Eagles greatest hits album is the best selling album of all time.  Tho I dont see the GNR GH album selling anywhere close to AFD.

Yup...I think of some of the Warner Brothers GH compilations that have been around for years....many of them have gone multi-platinum.  In several years, if GnR GH stays on the shelves, who's to say that it won't go multi-platinum...and outsell C.D.?(if its ever released)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2004, 12:44:16 PM »

They've sold out of all GN'R DVDs in my local MVC store they had tons the other week, anyway back on the topic of Greatest Hits when i went into MVC today they had a GN'R stand - i was drawn towrds it obviously and they had all the GN'R CDS including the Greatest Hits there, i looked at the inlay and all looks pretty cool and despite what people have said appetite was not incorrectly spelt, it was ?11.99 and you could buy it and a GN'R t-shirt combined for ?19.99 pretty cool just though i'd share it all with you
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2004, 01:03:35 PM »

you could buy it and a GN'R t-shirt combined for ?19.99 pretty cool just though i'd share it all with you

Cool. What did the t-shirt look like?

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2004, 01:49:31 PM »

According to "Music Week" magazine, GH sold 131,000 copies last week in the UK.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2004, 02:49:28 PM »

Tho I dont see the GNR GH album selling anywhere close to AFD.

The point is though it doesn't need to does it?  He/or they (inc old GN'R) will never top AFD. So everybody needs to mentally stop trying to compare success with that album. It's a landmark album, where they had years of building up all their history, all the angst, experiences, pain, ideas and it all made an incredible album.  They have done what all bands dream of in that one album. Let alone what they did with the Illusions  and the touring -incredible.

See from now on, as so much time has passed. Aslong as it's a creatively good album the sales of it  doesn't matter. While we all hope it does well and it will do reasonably well, even in the "worst" case it will reach Top 10/20 because of the name and curiosity alone.  

I'm just wondering how many of those "dead against it's" ended up buying the GH lol  who's going to admit it?? lol  hihi
The sods law is I'm all for it, but haven't bought it yet- waiting for student grant lol  

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2004, 02:51:33 PM »

you could buy it and a GN'R t-shirt combined for ?19.99 pretty cool just though i'd share it all with you

Cool. What did the t-shirt look like?

It was wrapped up i could only see the front it was black with the old AFD logo on it, the back may of had something on or been blank looked cool from what i could see though
SuicideUZI
Headliner

Kill Your Idols

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2004, 04:32:18 PM »

Tho I dont see the GNR GH album selling anywhere close to AFD.

The point is though it doesn't need to does it?  

all it NEEDS to sell is 2-3 million (maybe a little more after the band gets their %) for geffen to get the $13 million back that they have invested in chinese democracy because that is the whole point of the GH album, at that point i wouldnt be suprised if GNR was dropped from the label or went somewhere else on their own
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 04:34:51 PM by SuicideUZI » Logged

now the damge is done
and we're back out on the run
funny how everything was roses
when we held onto the guns
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: