Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 11:15:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227829 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  my long theory as to why axl cant let go of chinese democracy
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: my long theory as to why axl cant let go of chinese democracy  (Read 6930 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: March 24, 2004, 12:57:53 AM »

ive had some theories for awhile but i know most people dont like reading novels on this board so i havent posted cause its long and i didnt wanna waste my time and no one respond but fuck it i have time to kill so im gonna spit it out

heres a couple theories as to why axl wont let go of chinese democracy

1.  the songs are to painful for axl to finish

im a musician and songwriter and ive been hard at work on my cd for years, problem is i have a hard time recording because my songs are so painful and close to me that they absolutely drive me insane to work on sometimes im a running joke with people who know me around here, who will finish first axl or me

so maybe axl has a hard time facing these issues as he said in rolling stone that depress the crap out of u

when u go thru a tramatic experience u try your best to heal repair yourself and move on, when u write songs about the state of mind u are in its a good release etc but when u revisit those songs those emotions come back on u and sometimes it hurts u all over again,

so maybe axl has a block in his mind that doesnt allow him to record songs cause it puts his mind back in bad places, im a indy small time musician and if it happens to me why cant it happen to axl, its hard progressing thru pain and trying to heal but yet conjuring it up over and over in songs, it doesnt fully allow u to heal

2. maybe axl is struggling with the idea of being famous again

maybe axl isnt sure if he wants to be back in the spotlight, maybe he got comfortable and happy living his simple existence away from media scrutiny and people hating on him, maybe the tour woke him up and all those hurtful reviews etc got to him where he just said fuck it i dont need this in my life anymore

so maybe he is wrestling with that, maybe part of him wants that attention and spotlight back but the other half of him doesnt maybe thats why he fucked off the tour, maybe he was tired of reading hateful shit day in and day out

these are just a couple theories, i believe these over the fact that axl is a perfectionist or he just doesnt have material etc but hell who knows?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 01:01:00 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
kockstar99
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 01:39:31 AM »

I would agree more with the 2nd theory....

While I can see the 1st theory having been an issue 7 or 8 years ago...If it were the first one i would have to say "Come on get over the Bitch already".. Im sure he has and could care less about her or Erin anymore.. In fact i'd be willing to bet he prob has a new chick now and hes not willing to let her be the topic of our research and posts on boards like this one....

Soooooooooooo

I would say that the 2nd theory is more possible.. The fact that he couldnt Go anywhere in early 90's with out his body guard... the press, fans, haters,...everyone wanted to get em a piece of ol Axl....

The fact that we see pics of him shopping with Beta, Going to basketball games, hanging out in bars,... It looks like he can go out and have a normal life with out being noticed or bothered... and Iam sure it took YEARS for that to happen for him....

If he releases an album with Killer fucking music, and bad ass videos, Suddenly hes right back in the fucking thick of things with people breaking into his fucking house,  forget about shopping with Beta, or drinking at the Rainbow,  Every fucking band from Anthrax to ZZ Top will hear his music and will have a comment about it and him,  his new band, The old band, etc,..  

If I was him i wouldnt fucking release it either....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 01:50:15 AM »

i agree totally
he got to live the life for a decade make millions become forever a rock legend and now have a somewhat normal existence again

to me thats the american dream and ucant beat that!

lisaoreflex
Opening Act

Loved Axl from the beginning.

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 01:58:01 AM »

That's what I have thought, also.
Even if he released it and didn't tour or just quit. I would appreciate it if he would at least come out and say something like "I quit and won't be releasing the music and I'm sorry for the delay". Then we could put some things to rest and quit anxiously and hopefully waiting for something. At least we would know it was done.
This is kindof like when a guy never calls you back. At least honesty is final.

I will hate it if he stops though.

Music brings the world together in one united sound.
Let's unite and ROCK the world.
kockstar99
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 02:04:03 AM »

But if there was anyone who could or would  give all that back up and step back into the spot light  to prove the doubters wrong(which he doesnt have to do) and do it well my money would be on Mr W. Axl Rose.

Even if he never releases the new album, Sure I would be upset, but I would always be thankfull for the music and the excitement that he has given me..

Ask yourself this.

Why would he want the worlds attention again?

Why would he want (if he has) his new chick and her family harrassed and followed?

He doesnt need the money.

Why would he want all his peers in the music industry to say "Oh its not Guns n Roses" "He should get back with Slash and Duff"  Sure easy for the guys from fucking Fleetwood mac or someone else to say, But he doesnt get along with those guys anymore. Hes not friends with them anymore. Hes happy not working with them anymore.

So everyone would bad mouth his work and say "oh you worked 8 years on this"?  "This is ..blah blah blah.." Whatever,....

All of this just pressure just coz of some fucking songs?
There are plenty of new songs and new band out for you to enjoy? What makes him so fucking more special then the other singers and rock n roll bands??

I dont know why he would after asking himself those questions he would release it either....

I fucking hope he does though... and ill be here everyday day untill he decides...
Flyguy_1ca
Rocker

"Cursing is for ignorant mother-$#@^&*

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 02:11:20 AM »

The biggest problem I've got with theory 2 is that I think Axl has a rather large ego.....and that ego has been getting kicked and bruised for a number of years now.  Many people poking fun at him and saying he can't release a good album without the other members etc.....I think that would eat at him...and make him try harder and work longer to make the album better....essentially attempting to "perfect it"...which of course is impossible.

So in essence...I think it's not that Axl doesn't want to be big again...in fact it might be that he REALLY wants to be big again....he doesn't want to come back and just be another has been....

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."
lisaoreflex
Opening Act

Loved Axl from the beginning.

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2004, 02:12:05 AM »

I agree with you. I just wish if he wasn't going to come back he would say so. I wouldn't blame him a bit. Actually, it would be a bit admirable since all the fame and hoopla always makes the music second when it should be the first and most important thing. I mean why did we go for our favorite bands in the first place? It was for the music, for what it meant to us.

Music brings the world together in one united sound.
Let's unite and ROCK the world.
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2004, 03:01:35 AM »

Ever hear of Occam's Theory"? Why doesn't it apply to Axl?
kockstar99
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2004, 03:20:31 AM »

Ever hear of Occam's Theory"?

Sorry I have not... Please fill me in.....
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2004, 03:31:56 AM »

yeah, fill him in ...  Grin

matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2004, 03:33:40 AM »

ive had some theories for awhile but i know most people dont like reading novels on this board so i havent posted cause its long and i didnt wanna waste my time and no one respond but fuck it i have time to kill so im gonna spit it out

heres a couple theories as to why axl wont let go of chinese democracy

1.  the songs are to painful for axl to finish

im a musician and songwriter and ive been hard at work on my cd for years, problem is i have a hard time recording because my songs are so painful and close to me that they absolutely drive me insane to work on sometimes im a running joke with people who know me around here, who will finish first axl or me

so maybe axl has a hard time facing these issues as he said in rolling stone that depress the crap out of u

when u go thru a tramatic experience u try your best to heal repair yourself and move on, when u write songs about the state of mind u are in its a good release etc but when u revisit those songs those emotions come back on u and sometimes it hurts u all over again,

so maybe axl has a block in his mind that doesnt allow him to record songs cause it puts his mind back in bad places, im a indy small time musician and if it happens to me why cant it happen to axl, its hard progressing thru pain and trying to heal but yet conjuring it up over and over in songs, it doesnt fully allow u to heal

2. maybe axl is struggling with the idea of being famous again

maybe axl isnt sure if he wants to be back in the spotlight, maybe he got comfortable and happy living his simple existence away from media scrutiny and people hating on him, maybe the tour woke him up and all those hurtful reviews etc got to him where he just said fuck it i dont need this in my life anymore

so maybe he is wrestling with that, maybe part of him wants that attention and spotlight back but the other half of him doesnt maybe thats why he fucked off the tour, maybe he was tired of reading hateful shit day in and day out

these are just a couple theories, i believe these over the fact that axl is a perfectionist or he just doesnt have material etc but hell who knows?

Ur second theory would be more justifiable

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2004, 03:40:50 AM »

Basically, it states that when there is 2 or more theories to try to explain something, the simplest or most basic explanation is usually the correct one.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2004, 04:26:18 AM »

both of my theories are rather simple however hmmmm the most simple theory is he just doesnt have any songs, cause if the album was classic i feel it would be out, why sit on something that is amazing? u know?

i like both of mytheories

what does every rumor have in common?

music finished lyrics vocals arent

thats cause axl is havin a hard time with the songs about stephanie, the old band, maybe his mom,shannon hoon etc etc

its very hard to dig up old wounds even if its for art, those demons are hard to battle off and opening them voluntarily to write a song is even harder, its a battle, on one hand u want to record and make a great cd, on the other hand once u get somewhat content and over all of your pain and misery, its damn hard to lead yourself back down that road even if it means never releasing a cd

this is my problem and im just a no name indy small town boy tryin to get started, so if this were true i could totally relate and understand also

axl said in rolling stone that its hard goin to the studio everynight and tryin to do something with issues that depress the crap out of u

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2004, 05:46:39 AM »

What about the many rumours that the album is done?

This is the thing with rumours. You can have many saying the same thing and it all turns out to be shit, and then you can have one saying something else, and it turns out to be true.

End of the day, we know jack shit, and no amount of theories and conjecture is ever gonna get us closer to knowing anything without hearing it off Axl. Sad fact is that both your theories could be a million miles from the truth.

@#$%Muther
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2004, 07:50:01 AM »

While I can see the 1st theory having been an issue 7 or 8 years ago...If it were the first one i would have to say "Come on get over the Bitch already".. Im sure he has and could care less about her or Erin anymore.. In fact i'd be willing to bet he prob has a new chick now and hes not willing to let her be the topic of our research and posts on boards like this one....

It doesn't necessarily have to be about Erin or Stephanie. I see it more as having troubles with handling writing about sexual abuse, his violent step-dad, or any childhood issue.  I remember Axl saying that one day he will write a song about his real father, and that will be the most powerful but also the most difficult thing he'll ever write.  And I think that's totally understandable.

Anyway, I totally agree with your first theory, D.  Although the second one is not bad either  Grin

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
kockstar99
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2004, 09:35:45 AM »

I remember Axl saying that one day he will write a song about his real father, and that will be the most powerful but also the most difficult thing he'll ever write.  And I think that's totally understandable.

I hadnt thought about that one.... also a good idea...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2004, 10:08:02 AM »

After the lineup and direction of the band was in place{99ish} they began to make a shitload of songs.
It basically comes down to making the best possible album they can make. Note for note.

You dont understand how much pressure there is on Axl. He decided to keep the name and being that the band never settled there differences he has to do something to top previous efforts. Cd and the followups will be Axls defining moment in his career.

If Cd is some kind of masterpiece then he will bump his status with the gods of rock.

If it fails he will be the classic rock n roll story. Great singer, great band, but perfection, creative differences etc got the best of him.

With that comes a lot of pressure. Its not easy building somethng that great back up.

Point is Axl is reluctant to release it until everysingle second of that album is what is in his mind, perfect. I think its ready and has been ready.
contracts strategy and if the bucket thing is true then all of that has cause te delays for the past year

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
wonderall
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2004, 10:10:13 AM »

I would agree more with the 2nd theory....

Soooooooooooo

I would say that the 2nd theory is more possible.. The fact that he couldnt Go anywhere in early 90's with out his body guard... the press, fans, haters,...everyone wanted to get em a piece of ol Axl....

The fact that we see pics of him shopping with Beta, Going to basketball games, hanging out in bars,... It looks like he can go out and have a normal life with out being noticed or bothered... and Iam sure it took YEARS for that to happen for him....

If he releases an album with Killer fucking music, and bad ass videos, Suddenly hes right back in the fucking thick of things with people breaking into his fucking house,  forget about shopping with Beta, or drinking at the Rainbow,  Every fucking band from Anthrax to ZZ Top will hear his music and will have a comment about it and him,  his new band, The old band, etc,..  

If I was him i wouldnt fucking release it either....

he could still be dealing with a 7-8 year issue.
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2004, 10:40:16 AM »

both of my theories are rather simple however hmmmm the most simple theory is he just doesnt have any songs, cause if the album was classic i feel it would be out, why sit on something that is amazing? u know?

i like both of mytheories

what does every rumor have in common?

music finished lyrics vocals arent

thats cause axl is havin a hard time with the songs about stephanie, the old band, maybe his mom,shannon hoon etc etc

its very hard to dig up old wounds even if its for art, those demons are hard to battle off and opening them voluntarily to write a song is even harder, its a battle, on one hand u want to record and make a great cd, on the other hand once u get somewhat content and over all of your pain and misery, its damn hard to lead yourself back down that road even if it means never releasing a cd

this is my problem and im just a no name indy small town boy tryin to get started, so if this were true i could totally relate and understand also

axl said in rolling stone that its hard goin to the studio everynight and tryin to do something with issues that depress the crap out of u

D, I'm not saying it has to be the simpler of your 2 theories, nor that you should ignore facts that are already known, that there's at least 4-5 new songs, but after that.......? Maybe the simplest explanation is Axl is just fucked-up & just cannot get his shit together no matter what. To me, that's where the most "evidence" points to.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2004, 11:45:38 AM »

I like theory number 2 myself.

I think there are many other things in the mix. He hates the record industry, he's a perfectionist, he may have lack of motivation (see theory 2), he doesn't like to tour, he doesn't like to hear from the haters etc etc etc....
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2004, 12:07:32 PM »

Again, I think people are making too much out of what is most likely a simple answer.

I am going to bring up Buckethead again. That is the latest news to go by, and it is one that once we understand the reason for his walking out, we will know the reason why Chinese Democracy is not being released.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: