Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:25:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Does Axl have a job?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does Axl have a job?  (Read 8512 times)
grog mug
Legend

« on: March 24, 2004, 01:07:56 AM »

Does Axl just work on the album for his job?  I mean he doesn't make any appearances or do anything to promote himself or the band.  Obviously there is nothing to promote, but HOW does Axl make money?  Does he have a job outside of working on this album?  If not this better be one hell of an album coming our way..
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 01:11:36 AM »

I heard he runs a bus company based out of Finland, on the side..............but thats just what i hear...
kockstar99
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 01:14:34 AM »

Hey makes money by the royalties from his CD and VHS/DVD sales..

Every time AFD sells a copy he gets a share of that.. not alot but some ...

same with Days of thunder soundtrack, End of Days, Illusion, Live era,

anything that sells that has his music on it they all get a portion of it... since AFD and Lies, and illusion still move a few thousand copies a month in the US alone he is not a poor man...  

Iam sure he has invested in other things, in addition to the intrest alone that his millions in the bank bring him.. He is not a poor man....
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 01:15:20 AM »

Haha very funny...make this a funny post if you want I really dont GAF...but seriously besides past efforts how the hell does Axl afford everything still?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 01:32:05 AM »

well grog lets put it like this

axl has never been overtly extravagant he doesnt seem to own a mansion in every big city, u never hear of him goin on wild vacations and hiring all sorts of people etc

if axl had 30 million in the bank, he would generate lets say 10 percent interest a year thats 3 million a year just off interest alone not to mention the several hundred thousand dollars a year he brings in on royalties from past cds

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
BucketRose
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 02:51:54 AM »

If there were any justice in the world, Axl woulda received a pink slip after the Philly show....along with a notice for him to never report to "work" ever again.
badapple81
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2004, 03:21:18 AM »

I heard he runs a GNR fansite, and puts pop-ups all over it linking to GNR merch so he can make some extra bucks.. I forgot its name.. must have escaped MY memory  Cheesy
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2004, 03:29:49 AM »

I think the royalties from the cd's, dvd's etc cover his expenses plus the money he made when GN'R was big

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2004, 08:42:20 AM »

Haha very funny...make this a funny post if you want I really dont GAF...but seriously besides past efforts how the hell does Axl afford everything still?

probably because he's got millions of dollars, and money still keeps rolling in from the sales of AFD, Lies, UYI 1&2, TSI, Live Era, Greatest Hits, videos and DVD's....damn he's gotta be one wealthy fucker! Grin

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2004, 10:12:13 AM »

If there were any justice in the world, Axl woulda received a pink slip after the Philly show....along with a notice for him to never report to "work" ever again

Welcome to America hun. You can do whatver the fuk u want. He is an entertainer. There are no rules for being an entertainer. You get what you see.

Hence, if you dont like the product, you dont buy the product. You dont scour the internet on message boards for the product. Welcome to America.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2004, 10:20:27 AM »

Isn't he pumpin gas at his own Mobil station...ain't that the reason he bought the Neon flying horse? Grin
BucketRose
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2004, 11:20:15 AM »

If there were any justice in the world, Axl woulda received a pink slip after the Philly show....along with a notice for him to never report to "work" ever again

Welcome to America hun. You can do whatver the fuk u want. He is an entertainer. There are no rules for being an entertainer. You get what you see.

Hence, if you dont like the product, you dont buy the product. You dont scour the internet on message boards for the product. Welcome to America.

Am I supposed to be impressed with your reply?  You're defending a guy who blows off a sold out show in a major market?  No wonder GnR fans have developed somewhat of a bad rep...some of them lack the most basic form of objectivity and fairness when it comes to Axl.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 11:26:54 AM by BucketRose » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2004, 11:33:14 AM »

OK back on topic....

If you are good with the money you get when you get it, that's all you need. Plus royalties etc etc. He seems like he was really good with his money.

D explained it best.
Mike D
Opening Act

"fo $hizzle"

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2004, 12:09:31 PM »

he works in halfords, i've seen him!!

"My CPU is a neural net processor, a learning computer"
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2004, 12:15:28 PM »

well grog lets put it like this

axl has never been overtly extravagant he doesnt seem to own a mansion in every big city, u never hear of him goin on wild vacations and hiring all sorts of people etc

if axl had 30 million in the bank, he would generate lets say 10 percent interest a year thats 3 million a year just off interest alone not to mention the several hundred thousand dollars a year he brings in on royalties from past cds

Your joking about the not being extravagant part right. No one owns a mansion in every large city. Not even Donald trump. But Axl does own a killer mansion in Malibu, Axl does go on vacation often it seems, and spends a shitload on things like neon flying horses. Axl also gladly takes 13.5 million from the record label for a job to do and doesn't do it. He does have a job, that the label paid him to do. Axl obviously doesn't like his job, and would rather live extravagantely instead.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2004, 12:43:29 PM »

Yes, Axl has a job.

He is the greatest frontman of all time for one of the best bands ever to surface.

He's on sabattical at the moment due to industry bullshit.

But, he'll be back  smoking
TIPSY
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2004, 01:21:56 PM »

How many of you fuckers would be lined up outside the building if all of a sudden Axl worked at McDonalds?

I can see it now.  "How cool is that?  Axl Rose just sold me a Big Mac !"   Grin
BeefyD
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2004, 01:53:31 PM »

Also, as a songwriter, he is a member of ASCAP, which figures out the royalties from radio stations. Radio stations pay ASCAP for every song they play, along with a log of which songs they play, and then ASCAP pays out the royalties.

I have looked all over trying to figure out the amount a songwriter gets paid for each time their song is played on the radio, but I can't seem to find a specific amount.

So, every time you hear a Guns tune on the radio, Axl takes home a few cents.  Now think about every radio station that plays GNR around the country, and that can add up. Remember, though, only the songwriters credited for the song get paid.

More info:
http://www.ascap.com/index.html
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2004, 02:15:07 PM »

You're defending a guy who blows off a sold out show in a major market?
Im not defending him.
As Buckethead says:
If you cant handle the heat stay out of the kitchen mama

You cant accept the fact that there is a slight chance he might not show or show up late. dont go. simple as that

You dont liek whats on tv, change the channel

Is he immature and a dick for not showing up? absolutely. is he one of the best frontmen in the world? absolutely. theres a risk u take but the rward 99% of the time is a full set of all kinds of emotion and entertainment

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2004, 03:50:22 PM »

I realize he's been making money off of past albums for years now.  What I'm actually asking is does Axl actually do anything besides work on this album.  I mean he has all the time in the world obviously and doesn't have to work day in and day out like most of us do with our jobs.  The conclusion I've came to is he doesn't seem to care and never will.  He's making this album for himself obviously and with no updates on where the bands at or what GN'R is up to, it's very obvious Axl is doing things his OWN way.  In silence.  Which fucking sucks!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: