Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 02:52:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is Gary Sunshine the man?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Gary Sunshine the man?  (Read 5731 times)
holidayidol
Rocker

« on: March 24, 2004, 02:36:14 PM »

Gotta give credit to the admin at the Rumor board....that dude can flat out find some info and get some responses.

But anyway, it's been suggested that Gary Sunshine might be the guy filling in for the hazy slot that Buckethead may have left behind.

He's the guy that was supposedly asked to give Axl guitar lessons six months ago. Remember that?!

Anyway, he's disappeared from his own homepage and updates with his solo project which was supposed to be happening now.

And now, the admin at the rumor board just turned up this link:

http://www.lorrydoll.com/NEONMagazine/NEONBuzzSum03.html

Meanwhile a former NYC mainstay, Gary Sunshine, who provided some nice 'n nasty guitar for the Silos, Circus of Power and New York Loose is in L.A. these days. He's been in the studio with (the new) Guns 'N Roses, recorded a solo album and has been gigging on the left coast.
(Summer 2003)

Could the whole silliness of Axl asking for guitar lessons been a ploy or disguise for getting a new guitarist into the fold without raising awareness to the fans/critics that Buckethead may be gone?
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 02:44:39 PM »

Gotta give credit to the admin at the Rumor board....that dude can flat out find some info and get some responses.

But anyway, it's been suggested that Gary Sunshine might be the guy filling in for the hazy slot that Buckethead may have left behind.

He's the guy that was supposedly asked to give Axl guitar lessons six months ago. Remember that?!

Anyway, he's disappeared from his own homepage and updates with his solo project which was supposed to be happening now.

And now, the admin at the rumor board just turned up this link:

http://www.lorrydoll.com/NEONMagazine/NEONBuzzSum03.html

Meanwhile a former NYC mainstay, Gary Sunshine, who provided some nice 'n nasty guitar for the Silos, Circus of Power and New York Loose is in L.A. these days. He's been in the studio with (the new) Guns 'N Roses, recorded a solo album and has been gigging on the left coast.
(Summer 2003)

Could the whole silliness of Axl asking for guitar lessons been a ploy or disguise for getting a new guitarist into the fold without raising awareness to the fans/critics that Buckethead may be gone?

http://www.garysunshine.com/bio.html
"Last year recorded with Guns N' Roses on the "End of Days" soundtrack and on Guns N' Roses' upcoming release. "

no Tongue

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
holidayidol
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 02:49:23 PM »

Uhhmmm, he would be referring to some point in 1998 or 1999 there.

This is new stuff, June 2003.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 03:02:12 PM »

I remember hearing that he was teaching Axl guitar back in 1999 or something.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 03:08:57 PM »

Yeah axl was taking lessons back in 99 because robin left the band.
Gary also said, i think it was him, that axl even tho he was just learning sounds like someone who has been playing for years

Im sure axl has gotten quite good at the guitar.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
holidayidol
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 03:12:08 PM »

Yeah, you guys are remebering that part correctly...which is why we thought that news was old news, and accidentally reprinted in Blabbermouth.    But here is another sliver of info from the rumor board that plays into this.....should have included it first:

I asked Metal Shrine (SE) about the recent Blabbermouth article in which Greg S (Raging Slab guitarist) was interviewed where he said that he had spoken to Gary Sunshine who in a story had reference a time six months ago when Axl was wanting guitar lessons stating that he couldn't work with guitarists. Everyone shrugged it off as old news.....But!

Here's what the interviewer says "I talked to Greg S. just before Christmas 2003 and he meant six months ago, so that must?ve been some time in JULY 2003. Kind of makes sense now that Buckethead is?nt a Gunner anymore"

So this fits in with all the Buckethead stuff. Gary is on the scene
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2004, 03:27:50 PM »

Is he the man? U questioning his masculinity? Wink

Buckethead or Gary Sunshine.....ohhh this is a tough one!

Gary Sunshine will turn GNR around Roll Eyes

Quick! To the bandwagon!
holidayidol
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2004, 05:00:52 PM »

This isn't a Buckethead/Sunshine comparison. This is just saying that there is some evidence to support the rumor of Gary Sunshine's recent involvement with GNR.
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2004, 05:11:04 PM »

*Sings*

"Gaz Sunshine's got his Bucket on, hip hip hip hooooray,
Sunshine's got a Bucket on and he's off to Rio to plaaaay..."

beer  Grin

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2004, 05:30:26 PM »

First off that recent article on Axl taking guitar lessons is about 6 years late. Gary worked with Gnr and did some sessions around 98/99...

I have talked to Gary and still do. He has worked on IRS and a few other songs. Hes a nice guy and hasnt talked to Axl for awhile. I havnt talked to him in a few months but ill ask him if GNR contacted him within the last year.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
holidayidol
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2004, 05:39:06 PM »

Yes, please do that.  The whole point of carrying this rumor over here was to see if anyone knew anything or could make contact with him. The premise of the rumor was that he's sort of disappeared from contact with most of the people he talks to, over the last couple of months, and that he was last known to be in LA and working with the new GNR.  

And maybe you missed it, but the guy that wrote the "6 months ago" article has confirmed that he literally meant six months ago (at the time of Christmas 2003) and that he WASN'T talking about the same sort of stint that happened between 1997 and 1999. He meant June 2003.  

What's Gary been doing since June/July 2003?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2004, 05:49:31 PM »

Im telling you that article is bullshit.....

Ill ask him when he is approachable. I dont bombard him with gnr questions every second. Im a fan of his music so we talk about that a lot. But he has told me some cool stuff about working with gnr.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2004, 07:12:15 PM »

First off that recent article on Axl taking guitar lessons is about 6 years late. Gary worked with Gnr and did some sessions around 98/99...

I have talked to Gary and still do. He has worked on IRS and a few other songs. Hes a nice guy and hasnt talked to Axl for awhile. I havnt talked to him in a few months but ill ask him if GNR contacted him within the last year.

Oh no..not ANOTHER person with inside sources..........
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 07:15:19 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2004, 07:25:13 PM »

I guess Axl really is working on an album afterall...Gary Sunshine has been in the studio w/ the new GN'R...sounds good!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2004, 08:57:22 PM »

Oh no..not ANOTHER person with inside sources..........
Im not claiming to be an inside source. Plus i have been on these boards for a long time now i think i would have a lil more credibility that that buddy. Plus i stated my "source".

Why the fuck would I lie. All i said was what i new about gary sunshine from talking to him over the past year.

kockstar99
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2004, 11:42:34 PM »

he has told me some cool stuff about working with gnr.

Like what??
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2004, 11:54:55 PM »

Im not claiming to be an inside source. Plus i have been on these boards for a long time now i think i would have a lil more credibility that that buddy. Plus i stated my "source".

Why the fuck would I lie. All i said was what i new about gary sunshine from talking to him over the past year.

Yes, I remember you since the CD.com days, so it was quite a while ago. I'm pretty sure we can trust you on this. If you can get any more info about that Gary/ GN'R (recent) thing though, that would be appreciated!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: