Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 04:16:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Geffen/interscope/Axl: Chinese Democracy, 20 million copies+
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Geffen/interscope/Axl: Chinese Democracy, 20 million copies+  (Read 12297 times)
kockstar99
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2004, 11:21:50 PM »

There should be some sort of stupid meter attached to every rocktar thread, just so we can prepare ourselves for the level of stupidity in his posts, and threads before we enter. In addition, if the rateing is really high, say Ryan Seacrest stupid, then we could probably just ignore that thread.....

Just throwing ideas out there people... beer

hahaha what would you rate this one??

I would say this one have a rather high rating on the stupid meter...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2004, 07:28:32 AM »

Ooh la la.

rofl

On topic, your logic doesn't make sense. So you are saying good music & good promotion translates into huge sales?? Wish it was that easy....

First things first...Guns need to release a fucking album.

rocktar81
Leaving this board
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2004, 08:11:40 AM »

There should be some sort of stupid meter attached to every rocktar thread, just so we can prepare ourselves for the level of stupidity in his posts, and threads before we enter. In addition, if the rateing is really high, say Ryan Seacrest stupid, then we could probably just ignore that thread.....

Just throwing ideas out there people...

hahaha what would you rate this one??

I would say this one have a rather high rating on the stupid meter...  

Where is the problem with you? I just wanted to say that YES it's possible for "chinese democracy" to have big sales and to be very successfull. now where is the problem? tell me
« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 08:12:29 AM by rocktar81 » Logged
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2004, 08:15:54 AM »

20 million copies.....thats a bold prediction, if it comes out in the nxt 2 years then i'd give it 12-15 million copies at the most

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
rocktar81
Leaving this board
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2004, 08:28:31 AM »

as I said, just look at Norah Jones...it prooves that good music sells well.
well, not 20 million copies the first year, but after 2, 3 or 4 years I think it's possible. Look: 3 or 4 big singles of the album with great video clips on MTV and a big tour and that would be ok.
20 milion worlwide after 3 or 4 years? I think it is possible. In 1998/1999, "Americana" of The Offspring sold 14 million copies worldwide. Just one huge Hit "pretty fly for a white guy", and 2 other pretty big ones, not huge, but big. a tour and that was ok. AND LOOK AT Evanescence, 10 million worldwide after 1 year and a half. Come on, it's possible.

Think about all that...that's not as impossible as you would think. OK FORGET 20 MILLION if it's too much, 15 million copies worldwide don't you really think it could happen?

« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 08:34:56 AM by rocktar81 » Logged
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2004, 08:34:29 AM »

Still "AMERICANA" was a great album.......If GN'R was to sell 20 million copies it would have to be a VERY good album......the more axl waits around the more tired fans are gonna get, if he gets the cd out within 18 months and has a good album a tour etc 20 million is possible......But it would all come down to the quality of music

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Buritoking
I Voted for a Third Party Candidate
Rocker

- It's Good To Be The King -

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2004, 08:36:28 AM »

Where is the problem with you? I just wanted to say that YES it's possible for "chinese democracy" to have big sales and to be very successfull. now where is the problem? tell me

Of course anything is possible, it's possible this album may never come out, it's possible it could be the highest selling album of all time, it's possible axl may just get on the roof of the universal building and throw copies off of it to people......

It's also very possible that what I said was regarding all your threads, and not just the stupidity of this one in general...

Infact that last one, it's very possible, like norah jones 20 millions copies possible...
rocktar81
Leaving this board
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2004, 08:39:42 AM »

"Chinese Democracy" will be a good, even a great album, I'm sure about that. Look at "the blues" and "madagascar", they could be huge Hits! Studio versions will probably be  twice or 3 times better than any bootlegs we have ever heard yet.
rocktar81
Leaving this board
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2004, 08:42:34 AM »

It's also very possible that what I said was regarding all your threads, and not just the stupidity of this one in general...

No I don't think it's a stupid post at all. Sales figures is one of the most important thing when you release a record. It's important to talk about that. I don't see where the problem is.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2004, 08:42:59 AM »

"Chinese Democracy" will be a good, even a great album, I'm sure about that. Look at "the blues" and "madagascar", they could be huge Hits! Studio versions will probably be  twice or 3 times better than any bootlegs we have ever heard yet.

A few hits couldn't make 20 million cd's, if most of the album's content is marketed then yes i'll agree

V
Headliner

The Fountainhead

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2004, 09:48:55 AM »

1) Norah Jones-"come away with me"- released in march 2002 has sold 18 million copies yet. Few promotion, no MTV video clip, nothing. Just good music. Guns n' Roses -"chinese democracy"- will have much more promotion...

2) Evanescence have sold 10 million copies of their first album yet. Guns n' Roses has a much more potencial of impact than evanescence in the music business, mainly because of the legendary NAME...

Norah Jones has had good music... but few promotion.
Evanescence have had big promotion... but average music.
--> Guns n' Roses "Chinese Democracy" will have good music and big promotion. This is the perfect cocktail for a huge success. What do you think?

Hmmm.. Norah Jones has had a HUGE promotion with 'Come Away with Me' but it was a different promotion than usual. But yes, a lot of money was spent. And it was promoted to death.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2095253
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2004, 03:45:38 PM »

There are few folks around who are really chomping at the bit for an album from an 80s-era hair band.

There are still few folks who think that GNR is/was hair band Undecided Roll Eyes

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Hung Well
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2004, 05:11:16 PM »

as I said, just look at Norah Jones...it prooves that good music sells well.
well, not 20 million copies the first year, but after 2, 3 or 4 years I think it's possible. Look: 3 or 4 big singles of the album with great video clips on MTV and a big tour and that would be ok.
20 milion worlwide after 3 or 4 years? I think it is possible. In 1998/1999, "Americana" of The Offspring sold 14 million copies worldwide. Just one huge Hit "pretty fly for a white guy", and 2 other pretty big ones, not huge, but big. a tour and that was ok. AND LOOK AT Evanescence, 10 million worldwide after 1 year and a half. Come on, it's possible.

Where are you getting these worldwide sales numbers?  From everything I understand, worldwide sales are nearly impossible to figure out.  These numbers might be vaguely accurate, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Think about all that...that's not as impossible as you would think. OK FORGET 20 MILLION if it's too much, 15 million copies worldwide don't you really think it could happen?

Doesn't the album have to be released for it to sell?  And why on earth do you expect it to be released anytime soon (especially considering they just lost the lead guitarist)?  
rocktar81
Leaving this board
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2004, 05:14:17 PM »

Where are you getting these worldwide sales numbers?

everywhere on the internet and/or bands' websites and/or bands biography.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 05:15:34 PM by rocktar81 » Logged
estranged.1098
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2004, 05:32:15 PM »

Doesn't the album have to be released for it to sell?  And why on earth do you expect it to be released anytime soon (especially considering they just lost the lead guitarist)?  

Noone said it will come out soon, this is not the first time we're having this discussion and it won't be the last.

You could look at things in a different way though, Rio is only 2 months ahead.
Hung Well
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2004, 02:59:44 AM »

Where are you getting these worldwide sales numbers?

everywhere on the internet and/or bands' websites and/or bands biography.

How accurate is this info?  We know RIAA is accurate--for US only.  Considering that most countries do not have a RIAA equivalent, I think it would be impossible to determine worldwide sales.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: