Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:25:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  HOw fucked up is this!(this is a funny thing) FOX is to pro Bush
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: HOw fucked up is this!(this is a funny thing) FOX is to pro Bush  (Read 7695 times)
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« on: March 27, 2004, 12:42:06 AM »

I know people have seen the GNR commercial, but damn I just saw it for the first time.........and you wanna know where................I'll Tell you ................on Fox News Network,,,,,,,,,,,,for 15.98       and a # to call to order and you get a free poster.................LOL.............fucking on Fox..........that just blew me away.............though I like the promo..........................BUT FOX???        I wouldnt have believed it...except I saw it during the O'riely factor here in the US.

PS .......FAIR AND BALANCED MY ASS!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2004, 01:17:17 AM by jazjme01 » Logged

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 04:28:22 AM »

So, why exactly would Fox NOT show a G n' R Commercial?

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2004, 06:01:30 AM »

Can someone put these Ads up to download....Im from Australia ans havent seen any?? where can i download it from?? ok

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
bill213
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2004, 08:45:33 AM »

I saw it on Comedy Central last night during south park.......it opened with the chords to jungle \m/
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2004, 11:01:46 AM »

I know people have seen the GNR commercial, but damn I just saw it for the first time.........and you wanna know where................I'll Tell you ................on Fox News Network,,,,,,,,,,,,for 15.98       and a # to call to order and you get a free poster.................LOL.............fucking on Fox..........that just blew me away.............though I like the promo..........................BUT FOX???        I wouldnt have believed it...except I saw it during the O'riely factor here in the US.

PS .......FAIR AND BALANCED MY ASS!

Maybe you`d have rather seen the GH promo on CNN? The most biased new organization on the air.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2004, 11:02:41 AM »

News, not new.  Roll Eyes

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Psycho
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2004, 03:51:52 PM »

i dont like many news shows but i do like oreilly, cnn is just unwatchable and so is most of msnbc
Insomnis
Opening Act

Long time lurker

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2004, 04:45:50 PM »

you can see the tv spot here:
http://www.umusic.dk/universal/tvspots.asp#
jazjme
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2004, 06:42:49 PM »

Actually I was just shocked to see any muic being promoted on news channels like fox because the only cd promotions I havve seen on the station usually is some lame country woman. SInging the likes of......I believe in angels.......ladadee shit.

11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
True Believer
Opening Act

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2004, 09:55:53 PM »

Fox "News"  is litte more than a mouthpeice for the Bush administration and the corporations that control your life.  

I watch it all the time just to keep up with the lies that Americans are being Fed.  O'Reily is a riot.  So ridiculous.  

GnR shouldn't be advertising on the propoganda channel.  But since the GH cd isn't being handled by the band, i'd be amazed if they were picking the networks to advertize on.  The marketing company is probably just doing a numbers game - picking whichever networks they can afford to hit their target audience.  Too bad Fox is one of them.

I hope Chinese Democracy is so political that O'Reily calls for one of his hillarious boycotts.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2004, 10:25:48 PM »

Hey, I like Fox News. Sean Hannity is the man. But hey, they get a buck for advertising, they could care less.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2004, 11:53:14 PM »

actually i love fox news its the only news channel that isnt so liberal that even ted kennedy wouldnt have to turn to see it.  im have a weird feeling that axl might be a conservative because of his veiws on homosexuals and emmigrants, well i hope so atleast cause im a Bush fan and people need to get it through theire small mind that this damn war in iraq is not about oil FYI We buy 6% of are oil from the middle east 71% from venezealla* and 13% is produced here. so to the idiots/liberals that believe this war is about oil need to pull there head out of there ass and see the big picture and realize that this war is about protecting the rights and freedoms of americans and sending a great message to the terrorist that if you fuck with us we will hit you back hard.  Welcome to the Jungle Baby
« Last Edit: March 27, 2004, 11:53:52 PM by Rocket_queen125 » Logged
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2004, 12:24:41 AM »

I have seen the promo twice on ESPN classics
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2004, 12:45:02 AM »

Obviously, I don't watch enough tv...  I even watched MTV for a while today thinking I'd see some kind of ad, but no...torture for nothing.  Who would have thought I should have watched a news channel instead?   hihi
POPmetal
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2004, 01:14:40 AM »

Fox "News"  is litte more than a mouthpeice for the Bush administration and the corporations that control your life.  

I watch it all the time just to keep up with the lies that Americans are being Fed.  O'Reily is a riot.  So ridiculous.  

GnR shouldn't be advertising on the propoganda channel.  But since the GH cd isn't being handled by the band, i'd be amazed if they were picking the networks to advertize on.  The marketing company is probably just doing a numbers game - picking whichever networks they can afford to hit their target audience.  Too bad Fox is one of them.

I hope Chinese Democracy is so political that O'Reily calls for one of his hillarious boycotts.

Actually, considering that Axl criticized China for being one of the most oppressive regimes out there and CD is critical of the China's totalitarian regime, chances are that O'Reilly would like the message. If anything, the communist pigs in the rest of the media, especially in the music industry, are much more likely to be against Gn'R. The music industry is like fuckin' communism cuz there's only five big record companies who act like an oligopoly and  MTV has no real competition to speak of. That's why they can get away with all this garbage that's popular right now. Too bad there's no one to boycott the music industry.
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2004, 06:05:26 PM »

whats the problem with the GH promo being on FOX news, its all about promotion for universal music group and they know that GNR fans are many and that they have broad taste, there are conservative voting GOP GNR fans, like me, who love orielly and Hanity and who support the war and their are GNR fans that dont support the war, and will vote against bush because they are to the left of the political spectrum.  thats ok folks, thats how it is here in america its called freedom. freedom to be from the left, freedom to be from the right.  now back to the promo fox will carry it because its money in the bank, universal has to pay for it to be caried by fox and fox will say yes, as for Axl's political views i dont think we should try and guess them, but whatever i personally dont give a fuck if hes from the left or the right just like pearl jam eddie is far left and i still listen and love their music even though im far right.  all right kids later y'all

peace peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2004, 06:11:23 PM »

National commercials like the one for GH are sent to cable conglomerates who locally fit them into their local affiliated cable stations when they have time.  They usually try to fit the commercial's target market with the highest rated type of audience group of the program that the commercial is being played on.  Sometimes that can't be done, however and the commercial just has to be fit on the channel and show available.

However, in this case I would say they did a pretty good job.  O'reily has an audience that is a very much male 25-45 range.  With that, there is a better chance that adult men would want to purchase a GNR Greatest Hits CD then the younger, teenie-bopper crowd that is more prevelant with MTV veiwership.

And since we're sort of talking politics here too, I'd just like to say that John Kerry is a tool.

Banny

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
jazjme
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2004, 07:40:55 PM »

al valdi arguments I must say...........in my mind I too also thought that they were tageting the 25+ male veiwers and I guess in a way it was effective, never thought I would see it like that but hey .learn something everyday peace

11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2004, 11:18:02 PM »

I kind of like the idea of Axl doing the whole Chinese Democracy thing.  For once, a rock band that calls a spade a spade.  Most rock bands ignore the real oppressive regimes and just whine about the US government.  Although, Axl has always been one to call a spade a spade, which can get him in trouble.

BTW, about the Iraq thing.  You people realize that there will be a civil war in that country as soon as the majority of US troops leave.  There are different ethnic groups that have been fighting for centuries and the only reason they didn't for the past 30 years is because Hussein ruled that country with an iron fist.  Just like Tito did in Yugoslavia.  Once he dies, and then communism falls what you do you get?  The people in those slavic countries are still fighting today.  So don't be so upbeat about Iraq being about protecting our freedom.  That place is going to turn to hell once we leave.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
POPmetal
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2004, 12:19:38 AM »

I kind of like the idea of Axl doing the whole Chinese Democracy thing.  For once, a rock band that calls a spade a spade.  Most rock bands ignore the real oppressive regimes and just whine about the US government.  Although, Axl has always been one to call a spade a spade, which can get him in trouble.
can't agree more  ok

BTW, about the Iraq thing.  You people realize that there will be a civil war in that country as soon as the majority of US troops leave.  There are different ethnic groups that have been fighting for centuries and the only reason they didn't for the past 30 years is because Hussein ruled that country with an iron fist.  Just like Tito did in Yugoslavia.  Once he dies, and then communism falls what you do you get?  The people in those slavic countries are still fighting today.  So don't be so upbeat about Iraq being about protecting our freedom.  That place is going to turn to hell once we leave.

Some very good points, but...
Slovenia is already doing pretty well.
Croatia isn't far behind.
Yes, Kosovo is a problem area that has to be handled carefully. It is crucial that economic problems are solved. Once the area becomes prosperous, people are gonna get over their old quarrels. But this will take a long time and it's important to NATO maintains its presence there to keep trouble from brewing. Regardless of all that, what's important is that most Serbian people would much rather have the problems they do now, than to go back to communist slavery.

As for Iraq, it could all turn to hell, but there are also promising signs. If they try to start fighting, I don't think the US will just sit back and let it go on, even if Kerry is president. People were also saying that Afghanistan would never work as a democracy, but, so far, it's not going all that bad. Sure, there are incidents all the time, but no one ever said it's gonna be easy. It takes a lot of patience and persistence.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: