Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:58:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R @ Rock Am Ring? (rumour)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R @ Rock Am Ring? (rumour)  (Read 11332 times)
lastroots
« on: March 29, 2004, 12:45:30 PM »

It was rumoured before and Marek Lieberberg, RAR management, confirmed that he talks with Sanctuary. He also said that he would only confirm GN'R if he had word that they will 100% show.

Now a friend of mine noticed something: On one of the festival days the lineup lists Evanescence and in the evening a free headlining slot behind them. Well, Evanescence also open for GN'R at Rock In Rio Lisbon.

Could this be something?

/lastroots

Edit: This rumour now is also on the official German Guns N' Roses site www.gunsnroses.de.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 12:48:17 PM by lastroots » Logged
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 12:55:18 PM »

That same slot is open for Rock im Park on the 5th of June, right above evanescence.  I guess we'll see beer

Mike

Mike
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 01:27:37 PM »

*Muther strokes goatee*

Hmmmmmm...... interesting......

@#$%Muther
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 01:35:42 PM »

It was rumoured before and Marek Lieberberg, RAR management, confirmed that he talks with Sanctuary. He also said that he would only confirm GN'R if he had word that they will 100% show.

Now a friend of mine noticed something: On one of the festival days the lineup lists Evanescence and in the evening a free headlining slot behind them. Well, Evanescence also open for GN'R at Rock In Rio Lisbon.

Could this be something?

/lastroots

Edit: This rumour now is also on the official German Guns N' Roses site www.gunsnroses.de.

It is very interesting that it is an official german guns site that's posting a "rumour" but........is it realy realy a official site?

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
DemocracyRose
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 01:47:55 PM »

Axl really need to speed things up.... I mean its almost april and if GNR wants to do a european tour, they have to announce it soon.... Did i just said SOON... confused
rockTHEworld
Headliner

gnfr rockin the world again....soon....

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 01:54:01 PM »

www.gunsnroses.de is official

EDIT: i am looking forward for MYSTERONS? news-update... he said some days ago that he is going to try to get some informatio for us... Grin Wink
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 01:57:26 PM by rockTHEworld » Logged
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 02:08:04 PM »

If this is true I wonder who decided it was a good idea to have Evanescence to open for GNR.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 02:16:00 PM »

Mysteron said (pre-Greatest Hits/Buckethead news) that there was something like a 90% chance of GN'R playing Rock Am Ring... Following the Greatest Hits incident he said he would ask at the end of the month (NOW  yes) whether that was still going to go down.  We should know soon I guess.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2004, 02:22:05 PM »

Mysteron said (pre-Greatest Hits/Buckethead news) that there was something like a 90% chance of GN'R playing Rock Am Ring... Following the Greatest Hits incident he said he would ask at the end of the month (NOW  yes) whether that was still going to go down.  We should know soon I guess.

It's still going down. Evanescence and Gnr are joint headliners, assuming gnr confirm  hihi

I'll get a management report later this week or early next week
madagas
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2004, 02:24:42 PM »

album?album?album?album?
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2004, 02:29:52 PM »

album?album?album?album?

We share the same boat on that one  hihi
DemocracyRose
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2004, 02:33:25 PM »

It's still going down. Evanescence and Gnr are joint headliners, assuming gnr confirm  hihi

I cant wait....  Tongue
lastroots
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2004, 02:34:18 PM »

Mysteron, does that mean that slot is for sure intended to be for GN'R and GN'R just have to confirm? I mean it's getting a bit late if they wanna announce summer shows, right?

Thanks for any answers, I appreciate a lot what you do for us, Mysteron.

/lastroots
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2004, 02:43:02 PM »

Mysteron, does that mean that slot is for sure intended to be for GN'R and GN'R just have to confirm? I mean it's getting a bit late if they wanna announce summer shows, right?

Thanks for any answers, I appreciate a lot what you do for us, Mysteron.

/lastroots

Yes. If they don't confirm, then Evanescence will headline

Through experience, 2 months notice is the given professional minimum for stage shows; festivals are different
kockstar99
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2004, 02:49:52 PM »

FUCKING AWSOME!!!!! Finally some goood news!!!! Ill take a posititve rumor any fucking day..... Too much Gloom and Doom around here recently!!!

Who cares about the album rumors...there is nothing ever new with that one... As long as they play... i dont give a fuck!!!!!!!!!!
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2004, 02:53:22 PM »

all this is cool..I appreciate this also. We and you have seen these games with the management and Axl

before, so we know with whome we're dealing with. Nothing is sure in GNR world, that's for sure, but could this

year be somekind of exception when we think about the record or new tour? Could there be something for real

this time? What do you personally think about this whole situation in this time. How do you see it..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2004, 03:30:45 PM »

I got an e-mail last week saying GN'R were mentioned as headliners on www.hardplace.de when they confirmed Evanescence for the RAR in RIP festivals. But when I checked the site, there was no GN'R mention.

Either the guy who e-mailed me made it up, or the site published the news too soon.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kockstar99
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2004, 04:17:20 PM »

I got an e-mail last week saying GN'R were mentioned as headliners on www.hardplace.de when they confirmed Evanescence for the RAR in RIP festivals. But when I checked the site, there was no GN'R mention.

Either the guy who e-mailed me made it up, or the site published the news too soon.

/jarmo

I think its great..  I think things are starting to leak is what i think.... fuck this summer is going to fucking rule....
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2004, 04:22:06 PM »

With GH proving to be a veritable cash cow in Europe, Axl would seem to have no problem with selling tickets at either a festival or individual shows in  the international arena. Here's hoping this is all confirmed. A successful Euro tour and a FINAL release date for CD could do wonders for an American expedition. Don't screw it up Axl! confused

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2004, 04:39:32 PM »

When is Rock AM Ring?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: