Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:05:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What is the common thread in all of these screw ups?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is the common thread in all of these screw ups?  (Read 5676 times)
BottleOfPills
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: March 30, 2004, 08:12:08 AM »

You people have got to be down right blind to think that it is BucketHead's Fault!

What is the common thread in almost all of Guns N Roses screw ups or the reason a band member leaves?  W. Axl Rose.

Slash, Duff, Matt, Izzy, Gilby, all left because of reasons associated with Mr. Rose.

You had Zakk Wylde, Brian May, and Dave Navarro all rumored to be Slash's replacement but for whatever reason didnt' make the cut?  Yeah the "officially" say Axl's music was great or something along those lines, but couldn't make the commitment or something.  I truly believe that they all saw this garbage and said I don't know if I really want to do this.

Now you have Robin leaving and coming back leaving coming back leaving coming back.  Why is he doing this?

In Buckethead you have an up and coming musician, that has a very large cult following, who seems to just want to play music - why in the hell would he need this shit?  I mean Axl can't even make the first date of their tour,  decides to watch basketball and the tour falls apart.  You can't blame CC for wanting out of that mess, and nor can you blame Buckethead for wanting to distance himself from this lunacy hell I can respect Buckethead more for not wanting to put up with Axl's shit.  Yeah Blame Buckethead for the last tours screw ups,  blame buckethead for the new disc not seeing the light of day,  hell blame buckethead for the Greatest Hits monstrosity.  

Producers - should I even mention the what seemed like a 1000 different names, Moby, Trent Reznor, Brian May,  god only knows who else was associated with this.  They all said the music was beautiful, "BUT"....  Yeah, I think thats the politically correct way of saying - this stuff sucks.   If your telling me if any of those people saw something awsome in the music, and could have their name associated with Guns N Roses's comeback album, I'd say they'd be fighting each other tooth and nail to get the opportunity.  But they're not -  they're sitting back releived that they didn't get involved.

Guns N Roses could have been the next Rolling Stones, or Aerosmith (before they became a power pop band), but no, Axl Rose single handedly destroyed this band.  And you people seem to want to suck his dick so much that he can do no wrong.

Ask yourself what is the common thread in all of GNR's problems?  There is only ONE common thread.   Spell it out with me     A - X - L.

And while your asking yourself that, ask yourself does the Lisbon show, really surprise anyone?Huh  Don't kid yourself and say "yes", cause your blind.

The reason this album isn't coming out is because all things point to the fact that it sucks.  "Oh My God" was terrible,  Remember this is Guns N Roses,  Madascar, and The Blues, are all quality songs, but personally I just feel they are sub par, Estranged, and Breakdowns respectively.  Silkworms - Please what is that nonsense?   Granted all my versions are bootlegs, and I havent' heard the Eddie Trunk song,  my guess is that that was a rumor and never actually happened.  (Why do I say that - BECAUSE NO ONE HAS POSTED A VERSION OF IT ON KAZAA OR WINMX  or anything else - that I can find - and I just can't believe someone wasn't recording that show if for anything other than shits and giggles.

Guys this band ended in a long time ago.  Given Axl's history surely you can not be surprised by any of this?

Ron

PS:  IT"S NOT BUCKETHEADS FAULT!!!!!!!!  LOL
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 08:20:47 AM »

thank you for this post. but i still hope that BH will return to GNR...
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 08:25:25 AM »

There's truth and there bullshit with that opinion...axl has screwed this band over a lot and the fans etc,. but BH still shoulda stuck it out and not jeoarpadized RIR, then maybe GN'R was gonna release the album who knows

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 08:26:34 AM »

Thank you for this post,

BUT YOU CANNOT SPEND A LIFETIME BLAMING A MAN FOR PAST ACTIONS  rant rant rant rant

Axl WAS a bad boy, axl was someone not showing up, was was WAS.

You judge someone entirely on assumptions, not on facts.

And to me, it's morally wrong.

Nothing to say
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 08:32:45 AM »

Only thing I have to say to this is that IRS definitely was played, and it definitely exists.

If you dont believe that- then fine, but the track was played.  Only problem was, no one was recording on labor day night at 1 AM or whatever time Trunk's show is on.

Oh, and as far as who to blame?  eh, I think that there are three sides to every story.. the one accused party's side.. the other accused party's side.. and then, the truth.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
BottleOfPills
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 08:34:57 AM »

Jessica, thanks for your reply,  LOL

However, I think you need to LOOK AT THE FACTS!!!!!! LOL

And there was rumors that Bucket Head was leaving several months ago.   So finding a replacement guitarest is Axl's responsibility.  

Don't be surprised if Finck is gone either.  You heard it hear first.  

So what's the score?

Naysayers  1266    Axl's Sheep   0    

Don't get led over the cliff.

Guns N Roses was a great band.

Ron

kockstar99
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 08:36:00 AM »

You people have got to be down right blind to think that it is BucketHead's Fault!

What is the common thread in almost all of Guns N Roses screw ups or the reason a band member leaves?  W. Axl Rose.

Slash, Duff, Matt, Izzy, Gilby, all left because of reasons associated with Mr. Rose.

You had Zakk Wylde, Brian May, and Dave Navarro all rumored to be Slash's replacement but for whatever reason didnt' make the cut?  Yeah the "officially" say Axl's music was great or something along those lines, but couldn't make the commitment or something.  I truly believe that they all saw this garbage and said I don't know if I really want to do this.

Now you have Robin leaving and coming back leaving coming back leaving coming back.  Why is he doing this?

In Buckethead you have an up and coming musician, that has a very large cult following, who seems to just want to play music - why in the hell would he need this shit?  I mean Axl can't even make the first date of their tour,  decides to watch basketball and the tour falls apart.  You can't blame CC for wanting out of that mess, and nor can you blame Buckethead for wanting to distance himself from this lunacy hell I can respect Buckethead more for not wanting to put up with Axl's shit.  Yeah Blame Buckethead for the last tours screw ups,  blame buckethead for the new disc not seeing the light of day,  hell blame buckethead for the Greatest Hits monstrosity.  

Producers - should I even mention the what seemed like a 1000 different names, Moby, Trent Reznor, Brian May,  god only knows who else was associated with this.  They all said the music was beautiful, "BUT"....  Yeah, I think thats the politically correct way of saying - this stuff sucks.   If your telling me if any of those people saw something awsome in the music, and could have their name associated with Guns N Roses's comeback album, I'd say they'd be fighting each other tooth and nail to get the opportunity.  But they're not -  they're sitting back releived that they didn't get involved.

Guns N Roses could have been the next Rolling Stones, or Aerosmith (before they became a power pop band), but no, Axl Rose single handedly destroyed this band.  And you people seem to want to suck his dick so much that he can do no wrong.

Ask yourself what is the common thread in all of GNR's problems?  There is only ONE common thread.   Spell it out with me     A - X - L.

And while your asking yourself that, ask yourself does the Lisbon show, really surprise anyone?Huh  Don't kid yourself and say "yes", cause your blind.

The reason this album isn't coming out is because all things point to the fact that it sucks.  "Oh My God" was terrible,  Remember this is Guns N Roses,  Madascar, and The Blues, are all quality songs, but personally I just feel they are sub par, Estranged, and Breakdowns respectively.  Silkworms - Please what is that nonsense?   Granted all my versions are bootlegs, and I havent' heard the Eddie Trunk song,  my guess is that that was a rumor and never actually happened.  (Why do I say that - BECAUSE NO ONE HAS POSTED A VERSION OF IT ON KAZAA OR WINMX  or anything else - that I can find - and I just can't believe someone wasn't recording that show if for anything other than shits and giggles.

Guys this band ended in a long time ago.  Given Axl's history surely you can not be surprised by any of this?

Ron

PS:  IT"S NOT BUCKETHEADS FAULT!!!!!!!!  LOL

If you think its all Axls fault then why are you here?? just to bad mouth him??

If Brian Caroll would concentrate on GnR and not release 100 solo albums that all sound the same and his mini tours then there wouldnt be a delay

hahaha I wish you had gone to RIR and waited and then they didnt show... hahaha then you could see what an asshole he is... but he didnt do that to you did he Ron??
go to the VR.com and spread your anti axl shit... either that or bend over the toilet and spew it where it belongs....
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2004, 09:37:17 AM »

Thank you for this post,

BUT YOU CANNOT SPEND A LIFETIME BLAMING A MAN FOR PAST ACTIONS      

Axl WAS a bad boy, axl was someone not showing up, was was WAS.

You judge someone entirely on assumptions, not on facts.

And to me, it's morally wrong.

In the PAST?Huh? Hello?Huh How about a RiR gig in two months he isn t  going to show up at? Not only has he screwed up in the past. He now has the unique ability to screw up things LONG BEFORE they happen. I love Axl but this is getting silly.

The facts are obvious

Axl should be leading this band instead of wrighting excuse- letters (and adding yet another ex member to the bashlist).

I love Axl, but he should stop playing the blame-game and look at the facts.

If Brian Caroll would concentrate on GnR and not release 100 solo albums that all sound the same and his mini tours then there wouldnt be a delay

If GNR would have been moving along Brian Carroll (try spelling it right next time, masterbrain) wouldn t have had that much time to do his solothings, now would he? Or do you think that all this time from 2000 on the great Axl has been waiting for Buck to show up? Judging by Axl's temper chances are slim.

And even if he did (which is impossible, but anyway), he still is the one and only person who should lead the band and look for solutions (long before they start getting problems). Everybody could see this coming, but Axl not? Yeah right!

hahaha I wish you had gone to RIR and waited and then they didn t show... hahaha then you could see what an asshole he is...

Wanna see an asshole? Try the mirror

-PEACE-

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 09:44:22 AM »

Stop calling names or this thread will be locked.

Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 09:47:59 AM »

Funny how you all expect axl to be the one deciding for everything.

Have you all forgotten that he has a management, also some artistic reps, and promoters for various tours ?

And you still think axl rose has all that power to decide ?

You blame a single man for something that usually involves many many people.

That's where i think there is a big problem in your minds.

Plus, not one of you knows whose idea it was to cancell that tour.

You say it was axl's because that's your easy way to think. But you have no concrete proof that it was him. None.

Yet you go on making assumptions and judging a man from what you think you know.

Your problem.

I believe in him.

Does it make me an asslicker ? No

Do i overstrust ? Maybe.

As i said on the other board, i prefer to be wrong a 1000 times than blaming people before i know the truth.

That's my inner truth.

Naive, maybe, overtrusting, maybe, too loyal, maybe, but i think with my heart and if you don't like it, it doesn't affect me.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 09:50:15 AM by jessica » Logged

Nothing to say
kockstar99
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 10:30:08 AM »

If GNR would have been moving along Brian Carroll (try spelling it right next time, masterbrain) wouldn t have had that much time to do his solothings, now would he? Or do you think that all this time from 2000 on the great Axl has been waiting for Buck to show up? Judging by Axl's temper chances are slim.

And even if he did (which is impossible, but anyway), he still is the one and only person who should lead the band and look for solutions (long before they start getting problems). Everybody could see this coming, but Axl not? Yeah right!

yeah your right slipdisc...blame axl, all axls fault... Axl would have been at RIR if Fuckithead would have wanted to go...

and i dont give two fucks how to spell his name... if i wanted to spell the fuckers name right i would have to care... and since i dont give a fuck if he lives or dies, i dont care how to spell his fucking name...

BOOO HOOO poor Fuckethead quit the band coz they were not moving anywhere...

even tho the concert was announced well in advance and he knew it was starting to move... The only one that made sure it didnt move anywhere is this fucking piece of shit.....

Rot in hell.....
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2004, 11:06:35 AM »

WARNING for kockstar99.

If you keep on talking this way, YOU will get yourself banned.

Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2004, 11:09:30 AM »

WARNING for kockstar99.

he is just over-sensitive.....
BottleOfPills
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2004, 12:23:04 PM »

When the Who Toured not long ago, didn't Pete Entwistle kick the bucket like 3 days before the opening of the tour?

The WHO PLAYED!!!

When James Hetfield broke his wrist in 86, Metallica Played!!

Axl has two months to find a replacement if not just for the RIR show,  Hell did Izzy not fill in for Gilby back in the day?  Hell have these guys are session players or beggars and hangers ons anyway.   Half of the aspiring guitarist out there probably know the hits anyway.

GNR I truly believed never had any intentions of playing RIR, nor does he have any intentions of releasing CD.  Chinese Democracy has been starting for as long as KISS has been retiring.  This band becomes a bigger joke day after day, week after week.

This goes to Jessica, I've been a GNR fan since 1987,  I've seen them in 89, twice on the USI tour,  The GNR / Metallica - Opening Date in DC at RFK stadium.   I've followed this band through thick and thin,  I'm still a fan and it will always be something special to me.  AXL is a dick, albet one with good intentions.  I know this from someone who was closely involved with him and the rest of GNR during the USI tours.  I'm going to be like 90% of the other people on here and not name names.  But I'll say this his name is in the credits of the TSI.   He has GNR Platinum albums on his wall.  I've seen them.  This guys opinion of Axl isn't very high to say the least, but Axl never did anything personal to him, just his treatment of others.  Nor does this man know anything about CD as he has been out of contact since the late '90s, so don't get your panties in a wad about a scource of new info.

Anyhow, GNR was a great band and my Memory will always be a great one, but this current debacle is is degrading that more and more.

MY WHOLE ORIGINAL POINT WAS FOR ALL THE SHEEP TO ASK THEMSELVES - WHAT IS THE COMMON THREAD THAT LINKS ALL OF GNR'S PROBLEMS TOGETHER?  

I think Buckethead was in Vancover,  and Phili.

Don't blame Buckethead for wanting to keep his musical integrity.  (Don't give me any of this "Contract" BS)  Did Axl not have a Contract with RIR?  Or better yet ask all the Phili fans or Vancover fans or Montreal fans about Axl's contract with them.

This man cares for one person.

Bill Bailey is that person.

Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2004, 12:26:30 PM »

Axl, or Bill, or William, has enough professional musicians around him to KNOW they could play the gig.

That's why i believe the decision doesn't come from him.

Nothing to say
kockstar99
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2004, 12:51:00 PM »

WARNING for kockstar99.

for what? insulting fuckithead?Huh
BottleOfPills
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2004, 12:56:54 PM »

No Cockstar, it has to do with the fact that your silence isn't golden when your holding it inside.

BTW, I'm all for you saying and insulting anyone you wish.    It makes for interesting reading.  I mean hell if they loose sleep over it, then they probably should have been insulted.

angel fish
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2004, 01:26:45 PM »

the common thread is that axl is the only present or past member who gives a fuck about gnr... the rest care about the cash
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: