Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:32:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GNN - GN'R News Network
| | |-+  Slash in Soho
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash in Soho  (Read 2848 times)
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« on: April 06, 2004, 02:55:13 AM »

From http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0414/flylife.php

Still in recovery mode the next night, I went to my weekly moonlighting DJ gig at the Soho Grand. The four hours are usually passed with mellow house music and downtempo. Imagine, then, how wussy I felt when SLASH from GUNS N' ROSES walked in, wearing his trademark leather pants and a leather jacket emblazoned with the logo of his new band, VELVET REVOLVER, his curly hair back in a ponytail, and pulled up a chair next to the bar filled with straitlaced dorks. He was in town mixing the record?"I'm the workhorse of the band," he explained later. Slash approached the DJ booth and asked if we could play some Velvet Revolver. I soon became his personal DJ, taking some of his requests (AC/DC, ZEP, and um, BEYONC? and MISSY). Slash was surprisingly sweet and hung out behind the DJ booth, selecting records. When he chose HOLE's Live Through This, we bonded over our love for MISS LOVE. He talked about G N' R's demise and AXL's descent. "If I hadn't left the band in 1995, I'd be a dead junkie," he confessed. "You have to move on with your life."

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Kris Sunovagun
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 05:27:08 AM »

From http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0414/flylife.php

The rocker almost got in a bar fight because a drunk guy didn't believe Slash was really Slash. If you ask me, that guy deserved to get sucker punched. Pow!

thats funny hihi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: