Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:32:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  What would be your dream rig??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What would be your dream rig??  (Read 3923 times)
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« on: April 02, 2004, 04:31:59 PM »

Yep, your dream rig.
It could have 60 guitar 50 amps, andithing you want.
Mine would be 2 Silver Jubilee amps, one Mesa Boogie Heart breaker(for a crystal clean sound).
Guitars:
Bc rich Mockingbird (I already have it ok),2 Gibsons Les Paul Standard (one with the original pickups, the other with seymiour duncan pickups)
A Nady wireless sistem
Monster Cables
A Boss chorus
An Ibanez Tube screamer (I already got it)
And a Jim Dunlop  wha

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 06:17:40 PM »

I'd get a custom made 24 fret Les Paul with an extra long neck tenon and no heel, with a zero fret.  Korina body and neck, with an even flamed Maple cap and Ebony fingerboard.  Oiled neck and no fret inlays. except at the 12th fret.

As for amps...well...maybe a Fender Twin for clean and a JCM 800 for dirty with and extra pre-amp tube of two for some more gain...but both modded with graphic EQs.
Palmer PDI 03 speaker simulator a splitter, sending one side to a roland tape echo, and one to a delay pedal...into a stero hi-fi power amp like the HH V800...

Oh wel...you did say dream rig... rofl

Oh yeah, and an RMC3 Wah.  And George L cables.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 06:20:32 PM by Miz » Logged

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 09:56:42 AM »

Well, you were more precice than I.Cool idea the thing about a neck-threw and 24 fret Gibson.
Although only that will cost you about 6000 dollars rofl

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 08:55:09 PM »

Well, you were more precice than I.Cool idea the thing about a neck-threw and 24 fret Gibson.
Although only that will cost you about 6000 dollars rofl
lol...year...but it wouldn't be a Gibson...they wouldn't build something like that unless you paid them hundreds of thousands.  Their CEO's would think it was too much hassle too change the setup on their CNC machines... hihi

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Pviljoen
VIP

Slash is saucy.

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2004, 08:07:27 PM »

well, the Gibson Custom shop (www.gibsoncustom.com) is not nerely as reliant on CNC as Gibson USA... a neck through would probably cost you 10 grand though.
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 09:34:12 PM »

yeah the custom shop is almost all hand made stuff isn't it?  Actual real luthiers making real guitars?

It wouldn't be a full neck through, it'd be like McNaught's Set-thru neck thingy.  They look really cool.

Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 08:55:32 PM »

McNaught's Set-thru neck thingy.  They look really cool.
Yeah, they really look cool!! yes

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: